Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

How to find local Bush partys/doofs and local 'Doofers' - im new to the scene

Lee55

Greenlighter
Hey guys! I'm new to the whole Doof scene, and am interested in going to one. none of my friend are into this sort of thing and i don't have a car to get to these doofs. All i really want to know is, how do i find out what local ones are going on in my area (im about 45 minutes north of brissy, athoguh willing to travel as far down as brissy). How do i get transport too these things? are doofs ussualy filled with 'raver kids' or is it more the 'hippy' type scene?

Thanks

just follow the sounds in the forest. you'll find one eventually.

are doofs ussualy filled with 'raver kids' or is it more the 'hippy' type scene?
And to answer this part of your post, whilst there are often ravers, goths, "normal folk", and everything in between at doofs, doofs are definitely overall more hippy-oriented. But that just makes for a nicer, more community-minded crowd :)
Good times %) <3

I agree with n3o, there is no way you can categorise the attendants of a doof. You can expect people from all ages (from babies to grandparents), all walks of life (I know at least one dentist who frequents the Brisbane doof scene ;) ) hailing from all parts of the globe.

They are usually quite diverse and encourage as much participation as you want. For example, you might like to hang with your campsite most of the time, or you may be front and centre in front of the speakers on the main-floor. It's completely up to you. :)

The only suggestion I have is to bring WARM clothes with you, adequate bedding (consisting of blankets, sleeping bag, tent or back of a ute/car), plenty of food and water and make sure you have a way to get home afterwards. It's no good waking up in a field and not being able to drive when you're due back in civilisation for work. :\

Also I second the OzTrance suggestion - in particular the SE Qld section. You'll meet some great people in the scene and learn a lot, I'm sure. Hope to see you around the traps!

Keen as gravy for NYE this year, although i'm struggling to decide between going bush for TranceZenDance or hitting the Jubilee for Deep Space/Slam Funk/Essential Promotion's Psy night!

The NNSW and SEQLD bush doof scenes are lovely, I'm glad to have been a part of them for so long! There are some awesome people out there in the scene and some of my best memories are from times spent in the bush :)

Hope to see you out on the floor soon dude!

Keen as gravy for NYE this year, although i'm struggling to decide between going bush for TranceZenDance or hitting the Jubilee for Deep Space/Slam Funk/Essential Promotion's Psy night!

The NNSW and SEQLD bush doof scenes are lovely, I'm glad to have been a part of them for so long! There are some awesome people out there in the scene and some of my best memories are from times spent in the bush :)
ope to see you out on the floor soon dude!
Thanks man! Do you know of any sites I can get info on local events? Thanks again.