How to file a malpractice against psychiatrist and pharmacist?

methadon3000

Ex-Bluelighter
I need to know how to file malpractice against 1) pharmacist and 2) psychiatrist. I have good reasons which I can and am willing to go into detail later if needed. However I need to know how to proceede or what the proceedure is to go about doing such a thing.

Do I have to hire a lawer? That is the last option for me because I have no money and especially any money for a lawyer for such a suit in at least of 1 year with the current part time job i've got.

Any other options other than hiring a lawyer? Or at least not a paid lawyer.

If you would like to know why I can discuss that as well like I said, but for now this is what really concerns me. This is because these guys have excellent to ideal jobs and so they are all very rich (way richer than me that's for sure).
Meaning they can afford the best lawerys in North America, and I will probably STILL loose even with a years' worth of money from my job in lawyers that I would have to spend, if I were to hire a lawyer.

P.S. The psychiatrist is also something else (another type of doctor) that works at the hospital....or he might be a psychiatrist but only for the hospital. I'm not sure. He does work at the hospital aside from his 'private' work. Would either of those situations change anything?

For Moderators:
if I already posted this (I don't think I did) PLEASE either deleat/close the other, older one (IF I posted a thread about this) and/or please, please leave this one for a couple days or so and put it where you feel is better. But please leave this one, I would really appreciate it (that is if I even did post a thread but I don't remember doing so, I might have written in another thread something relating to this, but definatley don't recall having started a thread).

This thread seems better suited for Legal Discussion.
Unfortunately I don't know how you would go about this. I would suggest calling lawyers out of the yellow pages, most will give you a free consultation and discuss your chances.

I have never heard of a malpractice suit against a psychiatrist (sadly). People usually end up taking action against the pharmaceutical companies, but in terms of organizations they are the 2nd wealthiest (the NRA being #1). Try to talk to other people who have had the same complaint against the psychiatrist that have not taken any action, then seek some legal counseling. I wish I heard more about the people winning against the fuckwad shrinks but unfortunately their money outweighs our strength in numbers in most cases. I would definently file a malpractice suit against my shrink if I was confident that I would win, but the idea that a bunch of kids died and the parents recieved no reimbursement (lack of a better term sorry) tells me that big pharma and the psychiatric industry have alot more control over justice than we think. It really does infuriate me, and I am deeply sorry for any kind of pain be it mental or physical that the US health care system has caused you. My dad always tells me not to fight this one understanding how much money and greed is involved here; if we even took a penny from their cash pile I wouldnt be suprised to hear a number of unfortunate accidents on the news about these patients who divided the penny amongst themselves. But if you got the guts and the confidence, I support you 100%. Stay healthy, and dont involve yourself in the US Health care system because its going downhill now more than ever. PLUR :D Donna sends energy as well

methadon3000 said:

If you would like to know why I can discuss that as well like I said, but for now this is what really concerns me. This is because these guys have excellent to ideal jobs and so they are all very rich (way richer than me that's for sure).
?

not to be rude but this lawsuit already sound frivolous and it sounds like your looking for a some money that you dont really deserve. what could a psychiatrist do that would constitute payable damages?

Well he did say he has good reasons for a lawsuit that he could go into. I don't read his comment about their well-paying jobs as being the reason he wants to sue, rather it goes to their ability to mount a defense.

A psychiatrist is certainly capable of malpractice, in the same manner any professional (doctor, lawyer, accountant, etc.) is.

methadon3000, I don't think you'll have much success suing on your own unless you plan to make it a full-time job (and even then, there are costs other than attorney's fees that you probably can't afford), and there's probably no way you can hire a lawyer and pay him or her by the hour to do this. But if you've been damaged by malpractice, and/or by the actions of the pharmacy, you may very well find a personal injury attorney who will take this on a contingent fee basis. That means you pay nothing out of pocket until there's a settlement or a victory at trial. Then the costs and the attorney's fees (example: 33% up until trial and 40% if it goes to trial) are deducted, and you get the rest.

Try to find a lawyer who specializes in medical malpractice. You can call your local county bar association and ask for referrals to this type of attorney.