View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

How to decriminalize magic mushrooms.

ThisIsAnAccount

Greenlighter
What’s the best way to try to decriminalize magic mushrooms? Specifically in the state of South Carolina. I’ve got a lot of free time, and I’d really like to try to do this, or at least make some impact towards decriminalization. Anyone in South Carolina wanting to help? Would a petition be effective?

Welcome to Bluelight, @ThisIsAnAccount!
Rest on shoulders. Look at other states and municipalities that have done so and start building a case to take to your local senator/house member/council.
Look at California, talk about merits of microdosing, siting actual successful studies.
Be active in your community, start a petition, work with a therapist who’s interested.

I’m afraid if possible, it’s a combo of time, evidence gathering, and hard work to pressure your gov.
That state may be trickier than some, but you’re willing to put in the legwork, so go for it!
Cheers!

A very worthy cause, but really not something where one individual can exactly take up the mantle, scheme some ideas and then go out and make decriminalization happen by following a series of steps.

And certainly not if you feel the need to ask how to go about it on a random forum.

I would say there are others much better placed and already highly active in this field. Join them by all means, efforts and campaigns are already underway on this matter globally the momentum is building and it is only a matter of time for many areas.

It will take a few years but gradually more and more States or decriminalise mushrooms as further research is conducted and the remarkably positive anecdotal testimonies continue to flood in as things get even more mainstream and in the open.

So I feel it is a matter of time really, sooner the better of course.

Politics man.. so many problems could be solved if politics were easy. Like, take all the uranium stored in nukes and fuel power plants with them.. that would pretty much solve global warming. But that requires global peace by means other than stalemate through atom bombs.

Make me world president and I'll give you legal shrooms! =D We can dream..

Last edited:
I would say there are others much better placed and already highly active in this field. Join them by all means, efforts and campaigns are already underway on this matter globally the momentum is building and it is only a matter of time for many areas.

I agree. I don’t have enough experience or influence to accomplish such a task by myself. I’m not aware of any groups in South Carolina pushing for decriminalization. Do you know of any?

I agree. I don’t have enough experience or influence to accomplish such a task by myself. I’m not aware of any groups in South Carolina pushing for decriminalization. Do you know of any?
Not at all my friend, Im UK based for a start. I wouldn't know where to get started or how to get involved myself I just know that there is is an increasing momentum and global efforts underway with much scientific study to come so I don't see this as being one of those things where individuals need to take up arms and instigate change because this process is already underway and it's happening naturally driven by those perfectly placed to influence matters.

https://www.microdose4u.org are a US based program interested in and researching this area who you can become a member of to purchase microdosing psilocybin mushroom capsules.

I don't know much about the US constitution, constitutional rights, and how the courts work, but here in Canada, there's a dude in Vancouver who has opened a mushroom dispensary that is "membership" based and has put his name and face all over with the hopes of having his whole operation be prosecuted so that he can make a defence based on Article 7 of our Charter of Rights provision on the rights to "life, liberty, and security of the person".
This was done with weed when this defence was used to show that scheduling weed was a contradiction of the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act because the purpose of the Act was to protect people's health.
Not allowing people to be treated with weed was therefore seen as a violation of their Charter rights to "life, liberty, and security of the person".

So, he's hoping to have the same thing happen with mushrooms by using his dispensary as a treatment centre for people with ailments generally agreed to be helped by psilocybin mushroom use. He currently only sells micro-dose capsules and the national police force is uninterested in pursuing him at this time. He's hoping to open up more space at the dispensary to have higher dose treatments at some point soon.

So, basically, one gnarly way of doing it might be to attract legal attention to have the laws quashed as unconstitutional.
Should work in any common law country, no? Depends on the judge, I guess. Our judiciary is pretty reasonable and fair, in my personal experience.

As a resident of Tennessee, whose political culture isn't very different from yours.....

It is my belief that the south will be the last area of the country to legalize anything for recreational purposes. Deep-red conservative viewpoints don't typically "take kindly" to this sort of thing, and judicial-legislative cross influence is high. There's been a medical MJ bill introduced to the TN senate every year for at least 5 or 6 years or so, and if it's lucky to even make it to the floor it gets shot down.

It's one of several reasons my GF and I are considering moving.

What’s the best way to try to decriminalize magic mushrooms? Specifically in the state of South Carolina. I’ve got a lot of free time, and I’d really like to try to do this, or at least make some impact towards decriminalization. Anyone in South Carolina wanting to help? Would a petition be effective?
Maybe have a look here: