• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How to be comfortable with high doses of LSD?

ThatWhiteJep

Greenlighter
So I have SOME experience with LSD. I?d say veteran status is a few years with high doses, and Noob status is a couple weeks with low doses. So I?d say I?m at about 6 months ranging between 100-250mg, about 15 trips. I was very happy and always excited about dropping. I was always curious, always blissful, and just happy when dropping. Then on my birthday, I talked to my dealer, got about 4 hits and was like, Ima do a bigger dose as a birthday trip, thinking I was doing about 275mg. Pretty big for myself. Turns out my dealer was high asf, gave me twice as big hits, and I dropped about 550mg. I know for some this is not a HUGE dose. But for me, still being a low doser, I was loving it for the first 3 hours, painting on canvases and listening to alt music, some dub rebellion, some Lil Peep and whatever. LOVING IT. Then I said to my fiance, this is hitting me really hard. (Still fine, thinking I was already peeking) we thought we?d go to the kitchen and get something to drink. When we got up shit went down South really fast. Seeing things as 2D. With visuals I just could explain. Before I always loved seeing patterns and things waving and everything being shiny. But this was different. I?d focus on something and one object would begin to morph into a larger shape until I was blinded by just the color of the object I looked at. When I sat down I felt like I was falling into a pit and felt like I was falling forever. I tried to distract myself and my fianc? by watching a movie, ?The Dead Poet Society?, which Ive watched several times. It didnt make any sense to me and continued to push my anxiety. At this point opening my eyes made no sense to me. Closing my eyes put me back into continuous spirals. Every second got worse, so I decided the best thing was to lay down and try to talk myself out of it. About 3 hours into COVs I finally accepted that it was beautiful, but mentally I was still so fucked that I couldnt turn it into a good trip, I just had to wait it out. By the time the trip was over I thought to myself I?d never do acid again. That was 4 months ago. Since then I?ve come up with the idea of finding my thresh-hold/happy zone. Buying a few strips of the same mg and working my way up from 100mg, too 100mg+10/weekly until I hit my acid G-spot. Any ideas or opinions on how to keep myself sane? (Other than Set/Setting and the 4 S?s)

I don't exactly know what you're asking, can you clarify your question ?

550 micrograms is a huge dose, not surprised that you had a crazy/difficult trip. I certainly would have an unimaginably intense experience at that dose, and there are few people who would consider this a small dose. In fact, I cannot imagine someone honestly saying that 550 micrograms of acid is somehow "no big deal". Psychedelics aren't like cannabis...... nor are they like uppers or downers or any combination thereof. They are dimensional gateways in my opinion. So, not something to be taken lightly. They can be amazing and beautiful drugs, far more profound than any other substance. Though, they also have the power to produce terrifying experiences, especially if they are not respected. I have done them tons of times and find the experiences utterly awe inspiring and I have no doubt that I'll trip again, though these substances should never be used to "get fucked up". They are so much more than that, and if you abuse them........ they'll send you to the 7th circle of hell for 8-12 hours. But if you treat them with respect, they can show you awe inspiring things about reality that you never would have imagined or thought possible.

Frankly, I have never taken such a large dose and don't plan on it in the forseeable future. In my experience, if you keep the doses reasonable (e.g. 100-130 micrograms for me or less, or whatever your "safe" dose is) and taking it in a comfortable setting (for me usually just me by myself in my house, though for most it's in the company of others....... but I suppose I'm an outlier in this regard). However, paying attention to set and setting generally prevents most of the bad trips or at least makes the difficult trips less difficult in my experience. I don't trip all that often, but this has been the experience of most people who trip that I know as well as my own experiences. No doubt that in terms of the effects on one's psyche, these are the strongest substances on the planet, which is why set and setting is so crucial with psychedelics. And in my experience, the experience is not typically "comfortable" simply due to how mind bending and profound the whole thing is. That's not to say that it can't be enjoyable, as it can be enjoyable beyond words =D It's different for everyone, but I simply cannot imagine considering 550 micrograms of LSD as anything other than a profound experience.

Last edited:
Massive doses of LSD aren't necessary for one to have a magical experience. If you're interested in how to go about "tolerating" psychedelic drugs, you're missing the point of harm reduction. Even with a known dose of a known compound, you can't ever be sure of what you will get. Don't feel the need to take 5 hits just because everyone else is. It's cheaper being sensitive to drugs anyway.

I dont really think guys are getting what i’m asking lol. I was doing fine and happy taking my 120mg doses and accidentally took a huge dose, had a terrible trip, and beginning to trip again is giving me anxiety even at these low doses. Question is how do you get over these anxieties? (Post Bad-Trip)

you gotta trip more and work it out

I dont really think guys are getting what i’m asking lol. I was doing fine and happy taking my 120mg doses and accidentally took a huge dose, had a terrible trip, and beginning to trip again is giving me anxiety even at these low doses. Question is how do you get over these anxieties? (Post Bad-Trip)

Sorry for the confusion.

Can you please further explain the anxiety in more detail? Does it always present in the physical or mental sense? Does it relate to anything specific or is the anxiety free floating/or caused by nothing specific,

Sorry for the confusion.

Can you please further explain the anxiety in more detail? Does it always present in the physical or mental sense?