• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

How to avoid kratom withdrawl ??!

I always thought a paramedics had a fairly intense and demanding job? I guess it would depend on the area and the branch of the hospital you work in though? And physiotherapist is someone who works with people in physical therapy? Sorry, never heard of a physiotherapist, sounds interesting though.

Hopefully you can find work that is more fulfilling or exciting.

I actually talked to other skydivers last time I jumped. One guy mentioned that he had a crippling fear of heights and if he was to stand on top of the 30ft building his knees would be shaking and he'd have a hard time breathing. He said he met quite a few who also have similar fear of heights. The way he described it sort of made sense, saying that when you jump out of a plane your mind can't comprehend it, it's just too big of a distance and the mind doesn't really know how to compare it to anything tangible.

Idk though, I always feel like the scariest part is when the door opens and you stand at the edge, wind rushing past and motor roaring. It feels just like cliff jumping, once I'm in the air there is no more hesitation and the fear turns into adrenaline and joy.

But anyways, just an example of something that helps break up the mundane for me. Things like going on hikes and playing music also really help and are a bit less insane lol.. I feel like we all need something to look forward to, even if we love our job. Like the saying goes, work to live don't live to work. What sorts of things do you do for fun?

Im working in mental health hospital, I think i just burnt out, dont enjoy it anymore, everything annoys me there, its very boring on night shift, the same routine, its just killing me. For the first time in my life I hate my job. It brings me down. Right now im looking for something diffirent. Change of scenery should help me.Ive tried melatonine, 5htp seems to work with my sleep pattern. But lately its like ive lost will to live. Nothing makes me happy, like nothing. Need to change that. Self pity wont help me.

I went to school to be a counselor and worked in a detox at the same time for several years--long, strange shift, graveyard a lot, no money or benefits. Then I realized that for me, it was a very negative profession--so much failure, having to implement programs that I knew weren't helping the clients, the politics, etc. But because I'd gone straight from high school to full-time junkie, I really didn't have any job skills besides factory work, and this was the first (and only) chance I had to go back to college.:( It was the very beginning of computers--Word Perfect has just come out--and since I could type I got jobs doing data entry and converting paper files to computers. Realized it made me way happier to work on computers than with patients, changed my major and went into graphic design and technical writing. I then spent 30 years in that field, the last 20 working at my hometown newspaper.

So I totally get where you are coming from. I don't think it has as much to do with your drug use, which isn't that extreme, as that you are just getting burned out and needing a change. Tapering off the kratom and whatever else might kind of shock you into making a change--when I'm doing use that's sort of "maintenance," even if not technically MAT, it makes it easier for me to just go along to get along, even if I'm really fed up with what I'm doing. Like Mafioso said, caregiving is tough and people need a break from it. I eventually realized that if I stayed with what I was doing, the negativity was going to either kill me or get me back on heroin. I had to have a change and while it was tough at the time, in the end it worked out great.

What exactly is a physiotherapist? It's not exactly the same thing as a physical therapist, is it? I've heard of it but never really known what it was. I take it you emigrated from Poland. So you've already done one big change! :D You'd probably do really well as a paramedic or something where you get different experiences, and you know what you need to do in order to make that happen. So even if you feel stagnant, you already are into making a change. It's the big decisions like quitting a job without being sure of another one that are scary, but you sound like you're well on your way!

I went to school to be a counselor and worked in a detox at the same time for several years--long, strange shift, graveyard a lot, no money or benefits. Then I realized that for me, it was a very negative profession--so much failure, having to implement programs that I knew weren't helping the clients, the politics, etc. But because I'd gone straight from high school to full-time junkie, I really didn't have any job skills besides factory work, and this was the first (and only) chance I had to go back to college.:( It was the very beginning of computers--Word Perfect has just come out--and since I could type I got jobs doing data entry and converting paper files to computers. Realized it made me way happier to work on computers than with patients, changed my major and went into graphic design and technical writing. I then spent 30 years in that field, the last 20 working at my hometown newspaper.

So I totally get where you are coming from. I don't think it has as much to do with your drug use, which isn't that extreme, as that you are just getting burned out and needing a change. Tapering off the kratom and whatever else might kind of shock you into making a change--when I'm doing use that's sort of "maintenance," even if not technically MAT, it makes it easier for me to just go along to get along, even if I'm really fed up with what I'm doing. Like Mafioso said, caregiving is tough and people need a break from it. I eventually realized that if I stayed with what I was doing, the negativity was going to either kill me or get me back on heroin. I had to have a change and while it was tough at the time, in the end it worked out great.

What exactly is a physiotherapist? It's not exactly the same thing as a physical therapist, is it? I've heard of it but never really known what it was. I take it you emigrated from Poland. So you've already done one big change! :D You'd probably do really well as a paramedic or something where you get different experiences, and you know what you need to do in order to make that happen. So even if you feel stagnant, you already are into making a change. It's the big decisions like quitting a job without being sure of another one that are scary, but you sound like you're well on your way!

Thank you for your message:) As a physiotherapist you'll help patients with physical difficulties resulting from illness, injury, disability or ageing to improve their movement. You will devise and review treatment programmes using manual therapy (such as massage), therapeutic exercise and electrotherapy. I usually worked with people after strokes, car accidents, was teaching them how to walk again etc. Working as paramedic was too challenging for me. I mean I was waking up in the middle of the night overthinking car accidents , questioning if I did everything right and possible to save someones life. It was a nightmare. Then I worked as dental assistant, loved it but we decided to emigrate to England. Working in mental health was really challenging at first well still is, interesting but I really feel burnt out. I actually hate it lol every time I go to work I feel sick. I used to be very ambitious, creative and social person. Now I cant be bothered. I used to be happy about new pair of socks lol im thinking about going to uni , im only 32 so this is not the end of the world but its sooo hard. I dont want to go on medications cause Im lil bit depressed. Ttying everything natural way. Im lucky cause my hubby is very supportive and I can count on him with everything.

I always thought a paramedics had a fairly intense and demanding job? I guess it would depend on the area and the branch of the hospital you work in though? And physiotherapist is someone who works with people in physical therapy? Sorry, never heard of a physiotherapist, sounds interesting though.

Hopefully you can find work that is more fulfilling or exciting.

I actually talked to other skydivers last time I jumped. One guy mentioned that he had a crippling fear of heights and if he was to stand on top of the 30ft building his knees would be shaking and he'd have a hard time breathing. He said he met quite a few who also have similar fear of heights. The way he described it sort of made sense, saying that when you jump out of a plane your mind can't comprehend it, it's just too big of a distance and the mind doesn't really know how to compare it to anything tangible.

Idk though, I always feel like the scariest part is when the door opens and you stand at the edge, wind rushing past and motor roaring. It feels just like cliff jumping, once I'm in the air there is no more hesitation and the fear turns into adrenaline and joy.

But anyways, just an example of something that helps break up the mundane for me. Things like going on hikes and playing music also really help and are a bit less insane lol.. I feel like we all need something to look forward to, even if we love our job. Like the saying goes, work to live don't live to work. What sorts of things do you do for fun?

As a physiotherapist you'll help patients with physical difficulties resulting from illness, injury, disability or ageing to improve their movement. You will devise and review treatment programmes using manual therapy (such as massage), therapeutic exercise and electrotherapy. As paramedic I was overthinking everything too much , every car accident, every heart attack, every cpr I did. And was feeling guilty if somebody died. Awful. So I did 2 degrees and I cant work in them lol might have to go back to uni do something diffirent. I think id be happy to work as a dental nurse , I did while I was at uni , I loved it. Hmmm what I like to do for fun. I read loads of books, like going for long walks with my mad doggie and hubby, I used to like going to the gym but stopped. Dont have energy anymore. I think its cause of my iron deficiency. Im constantly tired. And working night shifts doesnt help at all. My hubby would love to go skydiving . Im like What ?? Hahah I would literally die hahaha

Thank you for your message:) As a physiotherapist you'll help patients with physical difficulties resulting from illness, injury, disability or ageing to improve their movement. You will devise and review treatment programmes using manual therapy (such as massage), therapeutic exercise and electrotherapy. I usually worked with people after strokes, car accidents, was teaching them how to walk again etc. Working as paramedic was too challenging for me. I mean I was waking up in the middle of the night overthinking car accidents , questioning if I did everything right and possible to save someones life. It was a nightmare. Then I worked as dental assistant, loved it but we decided to emigrate to England. Working in mental health was really challenging at first well still is, interesting but I really feel burnt out. I actually hate it lol every time I go to work I feel sick. I used to be very ambitious, creative and social person. Now I cant be bothered. I used to be happy about new pair of socks lol im thinking about going to uni , im only 32 so this is not the end of the world but its sooo hard. I dont want to go on medications cause Im lil bit depressed. Ttying everything natural way. Im lucky cause my hubby is very supportive and I can count on him with everything.

Well, you definitely have a lot of choices there! Sounds like you should be able to find something else new and exciting. It sounds like your problem is more that you are just bored with your life than actually having a bad drug problem or serious depression. There are plenty of supplements that can help depression if you don't want to go the medication direction. I don't have enough information to give you any details, but some of the mods here are very knowledgeable about such things. And the best thing for depression of all sorts is exercise. It doesn't have to be heavy weightlifting--just the walks you talked about, or a class. I find workouts for my physical problems, especially the back disorder, on youTube. It's free and there are probably millions of them, from very easy ones meant for disabled people to serious hard-core workouts. It will help your energy level and depression, really. I'm saying that because I have to force myself to get back to the gym--I've been out about a month with another respiratory infection that affected my emphysema. Exercise, especially weightlifting, increases my oxygen concentration, but when I feel this crappy, it's so hard to start again...

Well, you definitely have a lot of choices there! Sounds like you should be able to find something else new and exciting. It sounds like your problem is more that you are just bored with your life than actually having a bad drug problem or serious depression. There are plenty of supplements that can help depression if you don't want to go the medication direction. I don't have enough information to give you any details, but some of the mods here are very knowledgeable about such things. And the best thing for depression of all sorts is exercise. It doesn't have to be heavy weightlifting--just the walks you talked about, or a class. I find workouts for my physical problems, especially the back disorder, on youTube. It's free and there are probably millions of them, from very easy ones meant for disabled people to serious hard-core workouts. It will help your energy level and depression, really. I'm saying that because I have to force myself to get back to the gym--I've been out about a month with another respiratory infection that affected my emphysema. Exercise, especially weightlifting, increases my oxygen concentration, but when I feel this crappy, it's so hard to start again...

I agree, I think I just got in to bad routine and have too much time and overthink everything. Its no good. I just hate this lack of motivation urrghh. Awww bless you. Chest infections suck:( I have really bad kratom withdrawl. Awful nightmares, anxiety and my ocd is off he charts. Had to take xanax last night. Wish I never laid my eyes on kratom lol

I agree, I think I just got in to bad routine and have too much time and overthink everything. Its no good. I just hate this lack of motivation urrghh. Awww bless you. Chest infections suck:( I have really bad kratom withdrawl. Awful nightmares, anxiety and my ocd is off he charts. Had to take xanax last night. Wish I never laid my eyes on kratom lol

Be careful with benzos... IME the WDs make opioid detox look like the flu. Of course, whenever I went through benzo WDs I was usually going through opioid WDs as well.. but they are pretty nasty.

You have a lot going for you it sounds like. Can you take a vacation and get away for a while? Maybe that will help. Stress usually amplifies the negative feelings and causes a lot of cravings.

Hang in there. I get nightmares all the time. I was diagnosed with PTSD by a psychotherapist, but I don't think I have it as bad as a lot of the people who suffer from it. I've been waking up 3-6 times a night lately, usually after a dream. I find that trying to understand how my thoughts and emotions relate to the dream seem to help. Sometimes guilt or insecurities come to light. If they are just caused by WDs they should pass.

Be careful with benzos... IME the WDs make opioid detox look like the flu. Of course, whenever I went through benzo WDs I was usually going through opioid WDs as well.. but they are pretty nasty.

You have a lot going for you it sounds like. Can you take a vacation and get away for a while? Maybe that will help. Stress usually amplifies the negative feelings and causes a lot of cravings.

Hang in there. I get nightmares all the time. I was diagnosed with PTSD by a psychotherapist, but I don't think I have it as bad as a lot of the people who suffer from it. I've been waking up 3-6 times a night lately, usually after a dream. I find that trying to understand how my thoughts and emotions relate to the dream seem to help. Sometimes guilt or insecurities come to light. If they are just caused by WDs they should pass.

I only take benzo when need to. Come off it before without problems and take the smallest dose now of 0.25mg when used to take 2mg:/ i suffer with anxiety ocd so its really high on kratom withdrawl.

I am so weary of people chiming in with "TAKE KRATOM!" in every detox thread as though it is manna from heaven. No, it can go really wrong. I am sorry you are going through this.

[url]https://www.drugs.com/forum/need-talk/please-help-me-kratom-withdrawal-64858.html

[/URL]

Kratom was helping me with anxiety but gave me gastritis and I just got sick of relying on it all the time. Kraton helped me to come off AD, mirtazapine withdrawl are the worst. Got high anxiety on withdrawl but I know its only caused by withdrawl so it will get better. Lack of mitivation is horrible. Dreading work on friday:(doing 4 night shifts in one row....

Cant take any time off. Have no anual leave left and cant go on sick as I dont get sick pay so cant really afford to be off which is frustrating. I got invitation today for an interview. Ive applied for job in NHS. Means better pension, sick pay and more opportunities:)

Hiya, I was certain Ive replayed to this post but looks like I didnt press send. What a doyle I am lol I just got job offer for NHS in uk. Which means better pension, money and priviligies:) im feeling totally normal today. Only 1 day was horrible. I feel normal.rls still here but getting better. Awww bless you chest infections suck. I used to go to the gym.. I dont want to go again until i put some weight on. Im only 50kg and dont want to lose more lol

Hiya, I was certain Ive replayed to this post but looks like I didnt press send. What a doyle I am lol I just got job offer for NHS in uk. Which means better pension,n money and priviligies:) im feeling totally normal today. Only 1 day was

Im planning to join gym again, first I need to put some weight on. Im only 50kgs so dont want to lose more lol chest infections suck. Takes ages to recover.

Update on my progress with kratom withdrawal...slept all night but took some lorazepam for sleep. Woke up at 1pm as Im working night shift tonight. 4 in a row nooooooooo lol I will manage somehow. I dont feel any kratom cravings, im feelinh more aware of everything, dont feel stoned, no signs of depression or anxiety but this will come later when its time to go to work as Im scared of feeling crap at work. Imodium and magnesium were great help. I will take imodium today and stop. Will continue taking witamin B,C,E,K , fish oil omega 3 and magnesium. Tried 5htp for few days but it made me feel like on prozac so stopped. Hot baths helped me, keeping myself warm, just chilling and trying not to think about symptoms. It wasnt as horrible as Ive thought it was going to be. Only first day was weird, with chills, anxiety, rls, no motivation. Watching movies snuggled on sofa on first day and drinking ginger and chamomile tea helped a lot. But the main point is that I dont think about kratom at all. I used to wake up and first thing I was going for was kratom cause I thought I need to drink it to feel normal. Turns out its not true. I thought kratom was managing my anxiety and Ive thought without it it will only get worse. Maybe thats why I felt so anxious on first day cause I didnt know what to expect and was scared of unknown.

It blows my mind sometimes how much of kratom use disorder is psychological. Super insidious stuff, but also much more manageable than a lot of people in the midst of it might believe at first glance.

It blows my mind sometimes how much of kratom use disorder is psychological. Super insidious stuff, but also much more manageable than a lot of people in the midst of it might believe at first glance.

Hi:)Im actually feeling much better without kratom. My anxiety isnt as high so I wonder If kratom wasnt the main reason I got it in first place. My stomach improved, no weird adreniline rushes, no heart palpitations. Im actually feeling much better. Like myself. My husband said the same thing. I dont even crave kratom. Only first day from it was bad but managable, chills etc and slight anxiety cause I was scared of withdrawal but now Im feeling okay.:)