View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

how to achieve a spiritual journey

rollin_stoned

Bluelighter
i've recently done DXM and loved it but i was wanting to do it again this weekend but not in order to get fucked up. i want to explore my mind....basically use it as a psychonaut would....but i don't know how to achieve this......it's a difficult question so i apologize if you don't understand.

but if you do understand, any help would be very much appreciated.

Try acid or shrooms, that should do the trick. DXM just aint that kind of drug.

EDIT: But aside from that, it comes with practice.

i've done shrooms and loved it except towards the end when i fell into a bad trip.....i found dxm to be easier to deal with and will probably use it until i get more comfortable with psychedelics.

LOL you're not going to achieve enlightenment. you can learn things though.

well i've read places of people having spiritual journeys on dxm

oh absolutely. you can have "spiritual journeys" on dxm. i thought you meant enlightenment in the buddhist sense, "the end of suffering" as the buddha defined it.

Let me know what to change it to and I'll do it.

Enlightenment is achieved by understanding that we are all connected and the proper way to live is to project only love to others, that the energy you output is what the universe will give back to you, whether positive or negative. and then working to live your life that way when in any state of mind, no matter how sober or depressed or angry you are. Drugs are not necessary to achieve this state, although they can certainly help to reveal it and cement it. A lot of what you experience on psychedelics is not necessarily the truth, which is a common trap for many.

Done :)

I'd suggest mushrooms optimally, or LSD, or hawaiin ababy woodrose/morning glory seeds, or mescaline-containing cactus. I find DXM impossible to have a spiritual journey on... I just find it a non-spiritual drug, personally. I think some people say it can be more than just recreational for them though.

IME, DXM can definitely be that kind of drug, if its approached properly. DXM is definitely one of my favorite entheogens, and has a lot of potential to provide an enlightening, thought-provoking or mystical experience. Ive taken DXM approx. 20 times, both in recreational and spiritual doses and settings, and I've discovered that one of the best ways to approach it is to start off with a particular idea or 'theme' in mind, which will then be the focus of your experience. Since DXM has many unique qualities which include deriving much of the tone of your experience from the past activities of your day, it can be helpful to spend the day prior to your experience focusing on whatever subject you want to explore in your experience. Then, dose later in the day (night is best for DXM) and attempt to meditate as you become aware of the action of the chemical. Ideally, you're music selection and environment should reflect the theme of your experience to some degree, or at least be neutral enough so that it will not clash with you're mindset. DXM is a very "complicated" psychoactive IMO, however, so you may want to have an experience with a medium dose of something like LSA containing Morning Glory or Hawaiian Baby Woodrose seeds, or, if you're feeling very brave, something like cohoba snuff.

With any psychedelic though, the two most important ways to ensure a deep and meaningful experience is preparation ahead of time (spontaneous trips can be just as meaningful, but much more unpredictable) and to accept your experience for what it is, and neither try to control it or fight against it. Simply let it overtake you, and draw whatever conclusions you wish from the experience, rather than imposing them on it from the start.

By the way, feel free PM me if you have any other specific questions about DXM, as its quite an interest of mine and Ive had a good deal of experience with it.

I'ld suggest a high dose of insufflated 5-MeO-DMT. If that doesn't cause a spiritual journey, I don't know what would. At least it did in me :)

It also depends on your mindset though.

In my limited experience with DXM, I believe one could use it as a tool for opening up and exploring the mind, trying to attain a spiritual journey of sorts. Still it is probably the least appropriate psychedelic or dissociative for this purpose.

Mushrooms + rue is the way to go, if you're looking for a spiritual trip.

Last edited:
^I believe you mean Syrian Rue instead of Rye? ;)

DPT + Caapi is also quite spiritual, but be wary of the bodyload at times.

You can have a spiritual journey walking to the corner store - just don't go expecting a chemical to deliver it - free your mind and your ass will follow ;)

rollin_stoned, you can safely disregard everybody who suggests that DXM is not appropriate for spiritual exploration. It certainly is. In fact, I have found it to be more spiritual than anything else I have ever taken (except mushrooms). LSD is a toy in comparison.

Here are some basic suggestions that apply to most things, but DXM in particular:

- You get out what you put in. Approach the spirit of DXM (I like to call it Dexter) with the utmost love, respect, and gratitude. Dexter is intelligent, and you can communicate with it.

-Develop your meditation skills. By meditation I simply mean focusing on your breath. Slow, steady breathing. Your breath is like a rudder that can steer you in the direction you want to go.

-Work to bring what you've learned from the night-time world of DXM into the daylight world of 'ordinary' reality. Only use DXM at night.

-You can not use DXM every weekend, or even every 2 weekends. You will quickly lose the magic.

Again, this is pretty basic stuff, and I just woke up so my brain is sluggish. But if you have any questions, please do PM me or Mr. Tambourine Man, he knows what's up ;)

LOL you're not going to achieve enlightenment.
you can see the future? cool!
can i ask you a few questions? i'm a bit curious :)

(ps: some people achieve enlightenment by watching the sky. never say never)

dunno about DXM, but with LSD, these are a few things i use for this purpose:

-- the right music. in my experience, certain arrangements and noises can spark emotion and/or new thought processes. before i started using music in combination with LSD, my experiences could be summed up with "oooh, pretty." now that i'm using music to enhance the experience, there aren't even words to describe the visuals (oev and cev) and the things im able to do with my mind.

-- closed eye visuals. although i have most of my breakthoughs with OEVs, it seems as if most people i talk to don't experience the crazy OEV stuff that goes on with me. what i describe to them in OEV, they say they see in CEV. so perhaps CEVs are a route you should try to do some exploration.

--having a motive/goal. i find that concentrating on an end goal not only helps with acheiving that goal, but also splits off into many new things that i didnt think of before. going into a journey blind will likely just be chaos. have something in mind.