• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Ketamine salts solubility

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like some guy who claimed he could make LSD from morning glory seeds. I know morning glory seeds contain LSA, but you can't just make LSD from that. Its much more complicated.
You can indeed make LSD from morning glory seeds but not directly - it's a bit of a roundabout synthesis.
This period book on home LSD synthesis (with beautiful hand illustrations) actually elaborates.
You just need to isolate the LSA from the appropriate seeds (e.g. I. tricolor or A. nervosa), then hydrolyse the alkaloids to crude lysergic acid, which then presumably needs to be purified, and can be coupled with diethylamine in the usual fashion.
This, however, needs time and skill, and a proper lab.

vecktor said:
chromatography free synthesis of APIs is where the real art is.
Truth.
Recrystallization can definitely seperate isomers if you get lucky.

fulmarate = stable
Fulminate is not stable for obvious reasons, and making an alkaloid salt of it would be silly.
Fumarate is pretty similar to tartrate actually. I would expect there are more stable salts than just tartrate.

I am happy to see such a garbage thread converted to productive discussions.

Last edited:
Well worth knowing. I know it's done where their are large amounts of crud but my own experience was that it takes quite a few attempts.

As I said before, while I would NOT accept 93% purity in most cases, with LSD I might be tempted to use as is. I don't think Kemp did ANY purification since the only products left were iso and lumo.

But I get why people seek perfection, especially for this molecule.

Truth.
Recrystallization can definitely seperate isomers if you get lucky.

8-methoxy-11-(1-methylpiperazine-4-yl)-5H-dibenzo%5bb,e%5d%5b1,4%5ddiazepine.png

ALSOTAPEREDSKAGJUNKIEANTIPSYCHOTICTACTOEHO

That looks close, but that's not the molecule we were talking about. Draw Oxcarbazepine and then draw a molecule of clozapine over it, but leaving the 8- chloro out. I'll tell you when you get it right.

Well the body is going to deprotect that methoxy to a phenol so the LogP will drop. That would reduce duration significantly. I THINK N-demethylation produces an active metabolite. In fact, it could be that quite a lot of the activity is mediated by desmethylclozapine.

It's worth running a minimum-energy conformation of demethylclozapine and dizocilpine. I have a suspicion that the secondary amines can overlay in a near-minimum conformation.

Using 'ye olde' way of thinking about drugs, that dibenzodiazepine could be considered as the 'address' while the piperizine is the message. So maybe if something is preventing the production of NMDA, desmethylclobazam either blocks it or, more likely, competes with it. Clearly exchanging the B-ring to a thiophene abolishes NMDA activity.

That 5-methyl in dizocipline is vital to selectivity. It can be considered an extension of the N substitution to an ethyl but one with a VERY specific bond-angle of 107.5°

The Imine is crucial to it's affinity to dopamine receptors but replacing it with anything else shows little affinity. Well it ISN'T very basic so either it's a lone-pair interaction OR it forms an amine when it binds to it's target.

Now if only someone could draw Oxcarbazepine with the (4-methlypiperazin-1-yl) attached to it. I think that wording it like that people could understand it better.

There ARE quite a few medicines with nitro groups. It's aromatic nitro groups one has to be especially wary of.

Formal charge of Nitrogen is 5. This one has 4 bonds (3 sigma and 1 pi). So, 5 minus 4 equals +1, making this functional group very electron withdrawing.

Formal charge of Nitrogen is 5. This one has 4 bonds (3 sigma and 1 pi). So, 5 minus 4 equals +1, making this functional group very electron withdrawing.

And how does N display a valency of 5? It IS known, it IS on the internet and easy to find and I will even give you the term to look for 'HOMO-LUMO'.... and it (partly) explains why heavier atoms can display MANY valencies.

Rolicyclidine is a Dissociative Anesthetic which has the hallucinogenic effects of PCP, but it has a more sedative effect than PCP. It has effects that are described as being similar to a Barbiturate, but with the Anesthetic and Hallucinogenic effects of PCP. Some of the Hallucinogenic effects are described as feelings of being in outer space, but the Hallucinogenic effects may very. Also the effects of Rolicyclidine are considered to be more euphoric than regular PCP. The only hard part in making it is obtaining the Bromobenzene to make it because it's a watched chemical. What are your thoughts on Rolicyclidine ? Oh, and if you have any other thoughts about new PCP analogs such as Methylene Dioxy Phencyclidine or Methylene Dioxy Rolicyclidine. Go ahead and post them. Thanks.

It's worth knowing that now there are multiple 'on-line digital libraries' and quite a few have got Sci Hub buried in them. I'm not quite sure how I did it but I found a directory in one which was a list of subdirectories that were ALL 22TB in size (think Seagate Server drives) and this directory had hundreds of these subdirectories. Pretty soon I was discovering that all the Sci-Hub stuff appeared in 1 block of these drives.

Put simply, someone transferred Sci-Hub to tape and just sent it to other groups.

A single tape holds 580TB.

I'm seriously thinking of getting one. People ask for an article and OK it takes 24 hours.... but that's still faster than when papers used to be posted (and I recall those days).

Status
Not open for further replies.