• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

How often do you dose?

I guess I should let my body and the psychedelics tell me what is right. But I’ll try to stick to one psych/disso a month still.

Ddigital that’s a lot of dmt! Makes sense though, it’s so short. Though the last time I did it it was powerful enough to push me away for a while. Next time I get some though…

im kinda all over the place too - sometimes every weekend and that'll go on for a month or 2 - and then it starts to lose the magic - so then i start taking longer breaks - i think i most prefer once a month factoring in tolerance - without factoring in tolerance, i prefer once a week - so if my tolerance didn't go up, i would probably stay at once a week or every 2 weeks, as long as i have the time

and it certainly is tied into my cannabis use - the less i smoke, the more i trip - and right now, i haven't smoked weed in over 3 months - so im full steam ahead on the psychedelics - which i prefer - so it might be a while that im in this mode, since for me, the benefits of psychedelic use is far greater than the benefits from weed

and i don't do any other drugs

:tunein:

im kinda all over the place too - sometimes every weekend and that'll go on for a month or 2 - and then it starts to lose the magic - so then i start taking longer breaks - i think i most prefer once a month factoring in tolerance - without factoring in tolerance, i prefer once a week - so if my tolerance didn't go up, i would probably stay at once a week or every 2 weeks, as long as i have the time

and it certainly is tied into my cannabis use - the less i smoke, the more i trip - and right now, i haven't smoked weed in over 3 months - so im full steam ahead on the psychedelics - which i prefer - so it might be a while that im in this mode, since for me, the benefits of psychedelic use is far greater than the benefits from weed

and i don't do any other drugs

:tunein:
Always figured the krinkle was an acid man
👍

The amount I dosed has changed over 45 years. Way more in my younger days. Could eat a sheet of acid in 6 months or eat 10 grams of mushrooms in a go. Years later as I age it is much less, a few times a year. I do count DMT as a trip too. It always gives me something to digest.

Put it this way, I am past my time to try something like DOC but I am ok with just reading reports.

Screenshot-2023-03-17-at-6-39-26-PM.png

^ LOL thanks ninja. I have to study that chart. I love the corporate level charts that pertain to psychedelics. I'll piece it together. ;)

Yeah man, I'm extremely comfortable with it and I pretty much have endless amounts. I used to smoke 5 meo dmt every day too but I've slowed way down w that one.

How long have you been smoking DMT at the frequency you have?

I’m the same. I seem to be comfortable with DMT in a way many can’t understand. I personally feel it comes down to living in line with what is true to one’s self. I know that doesn’t sit well with a lot of people but the only times DMT has ever been rough to me were times I wasn’t doing what I deep down knew I should be.

That’s just my opinion from personal experience, it could just be the truth of my reality, not others..

I’d have to say that probably does over estimate tolerance. For me it’s more like a 50% increase. If I took a single dose the first night I’ll do good with 1.5 the second.

-GC

I've been liking the idea that dosing frequency for psychedelics is best on a kind of fractal and/or chaotic pattern. Not completely random, what I mean is semi self repeating but unpredictable cycles with doses that range from small to large, large ones happening less frequently. Sometimes doses clustered closer together in time, sometimes very spread out. Sometimes very small followed closely by very large, and then maybe a long gap until a medium dose, and then another medium dose the next week, followed by 3 consecutive days of microdoses a month later.... riding the ebbs and flows of your personal muse, and staying away from the extremes of abuse and refusal.

I think most of us probably end up following patterns like these quite naturally. The idea is that psychedelics are naturally fractal, wild, and chaotic, and by trying to put them into a strict dosing routine is a castration of their wild magic.

I trip about once every couple months on psilocybin for my CPTSD and that's all I need. However they tend to be heavy doses around 8-10gs that's where I get the most benefits.

It brings me back to my center and I am able, from there on our to live a normal life free from my symptoms

I note that the base line dose that relates to this tolerance view is 100 mics. I agree with that totally.
However I am a much lighter dose-er.
eg. yesterday (monday) I had 25ug 1pLSD and was pretty twisted, enchanted and what not. If I did it tomorrow (wednesday) it would not be as good as if I waited for thursday or friday to roll around.

I note that the base line dose that relates to this tolerance view is 100 mics. I agree with that totally.
However I am a much lighter dose-er.
eg. yesterday (monday) I had 25ug 1pLSD and was pretty twisted, enchanted and what not. If I did it tomorrow (wednesday) it would not be as good as if I waited for thursday or friday to roll around.
I envy your chemistry, @pupnik

So economical with regards to LSD. My body is the opposite for some reason, or is it my mind. I'm still not sure after all these years but I'm inclined to believe it's my chemistry. I don't seek to go further and further with regards to dosage, but it's consistently higher that others who are dosing from the same sheet.

I envy your chemistry, @pupnik

So economical with regards to LSD. My body is the opposite for some reason, or is it my mind. I'm still not sure after all these years but I'm inclined to believe it's my chemistry. I don't seek to go further and further with regards to dosage, but it's consistently higher that others who are dosing from the same sheet.
but you did at one time do a thumbprint I think I recall, you may just have more dimensions overall in your life experience. (edit: I was wrong about identity - sorry)
We can hardly compare that - just appreciate from our temporary stations what it must be like over there.

keep well!

Last edited:
@pupnik

I think you have me confused with someone else. I rarely go above 500ug, usually 350 ug.

I think I commented in a "thumbprint thread" but not as someone who had the experience of a "thumbnail".

☮️

Last edited:
I trip about once every couple months on psilocybin for my CPTSD and that's all I need. However they tend to be heavy doses around 8-10gs that's where I get the most benefits.

It brings me back to my center and I am able, from there on our to live a normal life free from my symptoms

How long have you been doing this regimen? I have a feeling in time your PTSD may resolve if you continue.

I also HIGHLY recommend integrating MDMA in, at least one experience if you haven’t given it a try yet. MDMA combined with talk therapy to relive the experience/s in a safe setting and mindset. It’s amazing the results I’ve seen from it.

-GC

How long have you been doing this regimen? I have a feeling in time your PTSD may resolve if you continue.

I also HIGHLY recommend integrating MDMA in, at least one experience if you haven’t given it a try yet. MDMA combined with talk therapy to relive the experience/s in a safe setting and mindset. It’s amazing the results I’ve seen from it.

-GC
I'm curious whether it's true that you'd feel shitty for the next week or two if you take MDMA (I guess due to serotonin depletion). I have heard people say it often (and that's the reason they say to take it only every 3 months or so). I've never done MDMA so I'm not sure if it's true. This fear of feeling shitty/down for the next few weeks or months keeps me away from trying MDMA; makes me think that a few hours of "happiness" isn't worth a week or two of feeling shitty. Like it's not like LSD or even (therapeutic dose) meth (which I only feel a lack of motivation on the next day if I don't take it) that'd give weeks of aftereffects.

Is this true? I'm also concerned MDMA after effects might fuck with my ADHD stimulants (which I rely upon to get through my day). Assume it's around the range of 90mg-120mg of MDMA crystal taken orally via a capsule.

Last edited:
Mdma effects everyone differently, with some having minimal after effects and others more. I think the benefits greatly outweigh the 1-3 days of blues I get, even though the last two times it wasn’t the case (just because I took slightly too much and the trip itself was subpar because of it).