• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids How much tramadol to withdraw

Willm121

Bluelighter
ive taken about 20 50 mg tramadol the past two days. I havent been sober since i got on it, i wake up and take more. well this morning i started feeling sick without it. can i get physically addicted to it that fast? any answers appreciated thanks!

Yes. For whatever reason withdrawal seems to manifest particularly fast with high dose tramadol when compared to other opioids, like hydrocodone (even in those who haven't experienced opioid withdrawal before). It seems to be a result of its complex mechanism of action (serotonin and norepinephrine reuptake inhibition on top of its opioidergic properties). If you've experienced opioid withdrawal in the past you are even more susceptible to this phenomenon.

I don't think that they are withdrawal symptoms. Two days is very short amount of time if you haven't been dependant on opiates recently. Tramadols cause people to get sick (mostly nausea and headaches) when taken in large doses; I think that you are experiencing these side effects, not withdrawal.

I don't think that they are withdrawal symptoms. Two days is very short amount of time if you haven't been dependant on opiates recently. Tramadols cause people to get sick (mostly nausea and headaches) when taken in large doses; I think that you are experiencing these side effects, not withdrawal.
Yes two days would be a ridiculously short time to become physically dependent, at least if you haven't been opioid dependent before.

But I've never taken tramadol everyday for any significant length of time so I can't say whether perhaps this is a specific problem with tramadols SNRI effects