• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc How much (Nitrous Oxide) is too much?

EerieSilence

Ex-Bluelighter
Hey guys I'm inhaling some nitrous oxide and I don't know what to do I keep putting the balloon to my lips and inhaling it not blowing it back into the balloon and i'm feeling kinda strange it's like really weird my head is going fuzzy and I feel dizzy I'm not dumb I'm not brain damaged I'm just inhaling the nitrous and I don't know where to go next or what's to become of me so please take note of that. What is the best thing to do while feeling like this how can you survive forever does taking vitamin supplements for the b12 deficency work while your doing it im just asking rn because i dont know if it will but hey i like the feeling and could i stay here forever nope you cant you can stay here for an hour but thats all good so just dont worry about yourself and chill bro so what is the best way to get high on nitrous should you blow the air back in idk and im very rushing up so any advice would be great

You need oxygen. You also need to exhale carbon dioxide.
Take some breaths between re-inhaling on the balloon.
As for the rest of your question.... I don't know how to answer that.
I will say, however, that vitamin b12 supplementation is essential if you're doing a lot of nitrous.

Go to your doc and get some bloodtests done. If you are low on b12 it will show, and the best way to supplement it is via IM injection (which your dr will do if necessary). Taking b12 supplements orally is not very efficient as it is not well absorbed by the gut.

^^^ this is why medical entanox is 50% NO2 and 50% O2......

As SJ points out breathing oxygen is pretty fundamental to keeping on living so be sure to have a break from the baloon.....

You can't stay high forever....

Im not sure myself, me and my cousin would do 2 or 3 boxes of 25 of them between us in an hour or 2, id always breathe in fresh air in between hits and after finishing the balloon so I wouldnt pass out from no oxygen

Do something like ,^^^that. The main thing is breathing oxygen. Follow the above steps. One thing I used to do was breathing in O2 while I kept hitting the nitrous. I think "subjectively" I enjoyed it better . You need to breath when you can. Between hits,balloons,etc.
As far as vitamin B12, all the other ideas make sense. They make liquid drops. The liquid hits you fast. YMMV.

short answer to the question is any nitrous is too much but that doesnt help because no one listens to someone telling them there habit isnt a good one, im sure you know about instant solvent death where you can just randomly die from one hit but take half a lung full of the nitrous and half a lung full of oxygen and it will reduce as much risk as possibe and also breath for 1 minute before redosing, it seems a shame for such a short lived drug that people would take so much but everyones got there poison and im not here to discriminate, the advice people have given is crucial, you need as much oxygen as possible, straight nitrous to the brain kills more brain cells then you think and when taking alot, even regular oxygen is not going to help a habit like that, i want to say just do it every now and again to enjoy yourself but its not for me to say, stay safe and remember to breath air inbetween hits, if you cant remember if you did do it anyway to make sure!
peace

Sudden sniffer's death isn't seen with nitrous oxide, thankfully. It's more of an issue with the halocarbons like CFCs used in air duster.

Nitrous Tolerance

I've been inhaling nitrous for approximately 17 years. The most I've ever inhaled at once was 50 whip-it cartridges in one 3 foot diameter balloon. The experience of fading reality and absence of mind, that usually lasts a few seconds, was - at the time of the 50 cartridges experience - about 3-5 minutes. Other than that, I can say that at this point nitrous has very little effect on me. If I buy it in whip-its the least I need is 100 and if I get in a tank I'll finish it within a few days with little to no effect. I no longer have any audio distortions and no visuals - not even behind the eye visuals. The only thing that remains, after 17 years of pretty much daily use, is a slightly warm feeling that will last as long as the nitrous does but immediately goes away when the supply is out. The way I use it is to breath it in with my mouth and exhale it through my nose, taking breaths of oxygen every 2-3 minutes. If I'm using whip-its, I use the standard cafe cracker (the largest one will typically hold about 5 cartridges,) and inhale it very slowly and start to "breathe" it in - after a few minutes, inhaling and exhaling. *This manner of use will limit EXTREME highs, but it will give highs that last considerably longer. After about the first 10 or 11 years, I started to feel the effects of nitrous tolerance. At 12 years of using it, I was diagnosed with Pernicious Anemia - which my Neurologist told me would be fatal if I continued to do Nitrous without a prescription of daily IM injectable Vitamin B (Cyanobalamin) which I had to use for about 5 years - both when I was doing nitrous, which at that point was more like weekly, but also had to inject daily at other times when I wasn't using. It was only at the beginning of this year (2017) that I was finally in remission from Pernicious Anemia. (In the interim I had one episode of extremely low vitamin B that landed me in the hospital for over a week and the experience was crazy. I couldn't remember anything - even my name and there were points when I would just scream even though I wasn't trying to.) I NEVER wanted to experience that again, so I limited my use after that. I've experienced a lot of drugs: MDMA, LSD, psilocybin, amphetamines - both crystal & prescription, cocaine, oxy, xanax, alcohol and nicotine and I never felt any kind of need or addiction to any of them. (I suppose xanax might be an exception if you count going several years looking for a way to detox from it and ultimately having to go inpatient medically to be hooked up to a feeding tube and unconscious for 3 days - because of an unrelated event - but one that finally helped me to detox permanently from it. But other than the need to prevent seizure like symptoms from setting in, there was never any 'feeling' I got from xanax that made me actually want to use it regularly.) When I first started using nitrous, it was in combination with other psychedelics and using it on its own just gave me a headache and never any kind of hallucinatory experience. After undergrad, I started 150mg/daily of Effexor (the chemical basis of which is the same as MDMA,) and it was at that point that nitrous started to have a desirable effect. And it was at that point that I started using it more regularly. I've had phases where I've gone 6 months or so without using it at all but the tolerance doesn't seem to change.

Last edited:
That sounds really scary and tough Sebastiana. Hope you're hanging in there. We have some good recovery oriented forums like The Dark Side, Sober Living and Mental Health if you want to explore recovery support.

^^^ this is why medical entanox is 50% NO2 and 50% O2......

As SJ points out breathing oxygen is pretty fundamental to keeping on living so be sure to have a break from the baloon.....

You can't stay high forever....

This Is true. The entanox we use at work is 50% NO2 and 50% O2 for the very reason that is you just constantly inhale NO2 you will go hypoxic.

However in my professional opinion entanox is next to useless as an analgesic in the majority if people....