• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How much does constipation effect the opiate high

Patrickforsterter

Bluelighter
Because my stomach is complaining of being backed up and I just want to know before if it actually effects the high or absorption I don't have anything I could take apart from lots of water.

well, for me, if I take codeine, it (understandably) makes me constipated and if I take another dose of it after some time without emptying my bowels, it makes me feel horribly bad. so...for me, if I am constipated, it's no high really, rather an opposite.

but yeah, maybe it's just me, you need to cautiously try it yourself.

It never ruined anything for me, but I've always taken huge shits. Try Metamucil or another over the counter laxative and make sure to stay hydrated. Staying hydrated can keep a lot of the opiate constipation away. I would not recommend dulcolax as it will make you feel like you're shitting your soul.

I've never had constipation effect a high. I don't see how it could but, of course it depends on the person.

Some people might be really in touch with their tummies? I've heard of having to shit after doing coke or meth, but that's on the other end of the urgency scale.

That being said, opiate constipation CAN be fatal (in rare cases) and it's good to try and stay semi regular if you're using a lot.

Man, just wait a bit to take the next dose of the opiates. Your bowels will gladly empty naturally and you'll be done with the whole constipation thing. Personally with the amount of pain meds I take daily around the clock, the only time I do go is right before I redose. Please give it a try and you may be able to avoid any extra drugs in your system.