• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

how much dilaudid should I IV?

rollin_stoned

Bluelighter
I'm getting 8 mg dilaudid's tonight and plan to IV them. I don't know how much i should do though. I'm opiate tolerant, though I haven't done pills in a while so I don't know what my tolerance is in mg's. I've been doing heroin lately and i'm up to IVing 1 bag. When i first started i was able to get a rush off a quarter bag and that was when i could eat 120 mg's of hydrocodone easily...probably could eat 150 but never got that far. These are the same bags, same dope, so maybe it will help. Does anyone know how much dilaudid I should IV?

You can start with 2mg or 4mg. Tolerance builds fast so you want to start as low as possible and may find yourself working up to 12mg. A bag of heroin varies greatly in quality and doesn't mean much so that could be the equivalent of 12-18mg or 1-2mg. The shitty thing about hydromorphone is you have to wait like 3-4 hours between doses to get a rush. Also I found when I had low tolerance and could get a rush of 2mg it was one of the best opioid highs ever and that rush just sort of lingered for hours. When I used to shoot 12mg as my usual dose I would get a rush and then no high. Weird drug.

When I tried dilaudid, I had 1mg and it was perfect. I had no opiate tolerance at the time but was using buprenorphine on a daily basis.

You can start with 2mg or 4mg. Tolerance builds fast so you want to start as low as possible and may find yourself working up to 12mg. A bag of heroin varies greatly in quality and doesn't mean much so that could be the equivalent of 12-18mg or 1-2mg. The shitty thing about hydromorphone is you have to wait like 3-4 hours between doses to get a rush. Also I found when I had low tolerance and could get a rush of 2mg it was one of the best opioid highs ever and that rush just sort of lingered for hours. When I used to shoot 12mg as my usual dose I would get a rush and then no high. Weird drug.

i agree. 2 or 4 mg, probably 2 just to be safe. then you will have more for later!!

with your tolerance I think you should try at least 4mg, that should provide a nice rush. When I was using oxycodone (200+mg a day), the first pill I ever shot up was an 8mg dilaudid, and it felt awesome.

For little to no opiate tolerance, 1 to 3 mg would be perfect. For moderate tolerance, 4 to 6. For heavy tolerance, 8 mg and beyond (whatever you can handle, hopefully you are aware of your own tolerance and what you can take).

Oh and I know this thread is somewhat old, but I just wanted to throw in my pearl of wisdom: when IVing pills, the more water the better. When I used to shoot Dilaudid pills, I'd use a full 1cc of water for like 1 1/2 pills. The more water, the more dilute the solution, thus generally safer to IV (though of course not PERFECTLY safe).