• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

how much can we fight against tiredness?

bookshelf1

Bluelighter
i know after getting so much tired finally we fall unconcsious.
but i was thinking what if we always try to fight tiredness?like a practice.can we get stronger in not being tired?or being stronger in not falling sleep?
it was always hard for me to wake up from a sweet dream.what if we put more pressure on our selves and don't hesitate about waking up or doing other things when we are tired?does it make any harm to our body?or maybe it can help us not to nod out when using opioids?does it make our will more powerful?
is it possible for this practice to be a way of strengthening ourselves for fighting against overdose?

I used to stay up for a couple three days without stims (other than coffee) when I felt in a good place as it seemed to stretch time and could hold to the time longer (perception of course).
Now on the other hand not getting sleep for days from withdrawals is just the opposite: It stretched time in a haze of agony.
We can naturally stay awake if there are stressors (battle, worries, homelessness and general head fuckery) but none of it is healthy in the least as we do in fact need our rest and quality sleep to keep from turning psychotic at some point.
is it possible for this practice to be a way of strengthening ourselves for fighting against overdose?
I would imagine it to have the opposite effect. Because the mind/body is already exhausted from no rest/sleep this practice may exacerbate and/or leave us open for an easier overdose.
All just opinions of course from past experiences but have no medical/scientific sources to quote on this ATM.
Treat yourself as well as possible is my suggestion, but who am I to sway public opinions, yes?
Hell of a question but thought provoking imo.
Peace

albeit i didn't mean to revoke sleep.i see some confusion here as always.
i know sleeping cant get removed from our lives.
i was asking if we use more energy and not have any kind of laziness what happens?is there some improvement if we fight our tendency to move slower and don't save our energy unlike most people.
everyone loves to listen to what their body want and do as their body says.
i was saying what if we go harder and be harsh with our body?not in the sleep subject only,but in everything.

There are some hardcore sleep schedules, like sleep for 45mins every 6h or so, I forgot their name unfortunately and a quick Google search didn't reveal anything of interest. But it seems to be possible to exist with very little sleep as long as one sticks rigidly to the schedule. Wonder how many people manage to fall asleep quickly on command as needed and to live with such a sleeping schedule. Certainly incompatible with drugs which interfere with sleep, like dissociatives or stimulants.

i was saying what if we go harder and be harsh with our body?not in the sleep subject only,but in everything.
To a certain extent, yes, you can train your body to go harder for longer, just the same way you train for anything such as weights training at the gym in order to build muscle strength, or training for a marathon for example. So you can train your body to work harder on laborious tasks and rely on less sleep (but not NO sleep at all, as mentioned above, your body needs sleep and your brain and body will simply shut down and go to sleep when it finally needs to).

However I do not believe that you can train your body to fight against the effects of certain drugs like opioids. If you take a large dose, or an overdose, there's nothing you can do to fight the effects of the drug. The only thing that will counteract the effects of an overdose of opiates is naloxone (Narcan). It is not a case of mind over matter.

Is that more what you were getting at?

To a certain extent, yes, you can train your body to go harder for longer, just the same way you train for anything such as weights training at the gym in order to build muscle strength, or training for a marathon for example. So you can train your body to work harder on laborious tasks and rely on less sleep (but not NO sleep at all, as mentioned above, your body needs sleep and your brain and body will simply shut down and go to sleep when it finally needs to).

However I do not believe that you can train your body to fight against the effects of certain drugs like opioids. If you take a large dose, or an overdose, there's nothing you can do to fight the effects of the drug. The only thing that will counteract the effects of an overdose of opiates is naloxone (Narcan). It is not a case of mind over matter.

Is that more what you were getting at?
thats the best answer
.i've thought about that but i usually don't get certain about anything until someone other than me tells like that.

thats the best answer
.i've thought about that but i usually don't get certain about anything until someone other than me tells like that.
Be safe, please. If you are toying with larger doses of opioids please have Narcan on you at all times, and do not dose alone. Make sure that the person(s) with you know how to administer the Narcan if they need to revive someone who has overdosed on opioids.

Be safe, please. If you are toying with larger doses of opioids please have Narcan on you at all times, and do not dose alone. Make sure that the person(s) with you know how to administer the Narcan if they need to revive someone who has overdosed on opioids.
here where i live they don't give narcan to anyone other than emergency staff.
i have talked about it to my doctor and he told me no one can find narcan easily here.so i use other methods such as active charcoal,believe it or not currently i may go into an overdose.
becuase i took a dose before another dose start,it used to start sooner because i took it with empty stomach thats why i took another dose sooner but after couple minutes i realized the high started(peaked).
i drank active charcoal so i guess nothing bad happens.
i am trying to come off opioid for awhile but because i have multiple doses it is hard to do a proper plan.and doing exactly as the plan is harder than planing.
i guess i am safe now because i don't feel opioid high on my body.even if another dose start it will not take me into an overdose.
edit: danger has been resolved.the time for kicking in is passed and didn't affect me fortunately.

Last edited:
Quite on the contrary, my man...just from pure observation alone, you can see that no matter your amount of training, not getting enough sleep is simply counterproductive to your wellbeing. I have purposely tested the limits and I failed every single time. No matter how confident you are that you can beat physiology at its own game, you will likely just end up in the psych ward more and more often..dying is inevitable, and as we get older, our abilities will degrade across the board..if you are young, practicing staying up may make you "good" at staying up compared to others, but you will never 'benefit' from not getting enough sleep. It will only do you harm. Getting too much sleep can be just as harmful.

I will say this -- everybody is very different in terms of what we maximally benefit from in terms of number of hours we need to sleep every day. People like firefighters or MP's sometimes go 24 hours on and 48 off. How their sleep schedule actually is, who knows. Some people need to take periodic naps. There are supposedly individuals that have "never slept" in their life. Its possible i suppose. But on the flipside, there is a very extremely rare disorder that has only affected roughly two known families in human recorded history -- they physically cannot go to sleep, and they end up turning into hallucinating vegetables that cant form a coherent sentence or even a thought, and they can only describe their experience as pure hell on earth. They have nightmares while they are awake, and they purposely didnt have children because they didnt want to pass on the disease. It was a famous documentary on HLN. They were awake for 42 years at least i believe.

I will say this -- everybody is very different in terms of what we maximally benefit from in terms of number of hours we need to sleep every day. People like firefighters or MP's sometimes go 24 hours on and 48 off. How their sleep schedule actually is, who knows. Some people need to take periodic naps. There are supposedly individuals that have "never slept" in their life. Its possible i suppose. But on the flipside, there is a very extremely rare disorder that has only affected roughly two known families in human recorded history -- they physically cannot go to sleep, and they end up turning into hallucinating vegetables that cant form a coherent sentence or even a thought, and they can only describe their experience as pure hell on earth. They have nightmares while they are awake, and they purposely didnt have children because they didnt want to pass on the disease. It was a famous documentary on HLN. They were awake for 42 years at least i believe.
What you're saying is absolutely true and thank you for posting this great information and your personal experiences. However I believe the OP is in fact referring to being able to "train" your body in to overcoming the effects of an overdose of opioids. Forgive me if I am wrong, but that is what I have gleaned from the discussion.

What you're saying is absolutely true and thank you for posting this great information and your personal experiences. However I believe the OP is in fact referring to being able to "train" your body in to overcoming the effects of an overdose of opioids. Forgive me if I am wrong, but that is what I have gleaned from the discussion.
Oh, well that would be a silly question if thats what he is asking. I would say all that is called is tolerance Lol

yeah you're right.i guess you are a smart guy...i see wise posts from you.
Oh, well that would be a silly question if thats what he is asking. I would say all that is called is tolerance Lol
ow no it wasn't a problem in my opinion.anything can be useful someday,for someone.nothing is silly unless we don't see it from the right angle.

Well I like to take things that make me sleepy, and try to stay up , mainly because I'm slightly buzzed. If I can get the nods from eating too much fried chicken, that's a good day.

I love that almost asleep feeling.

I can't fight it anymore, that's for sure... days of shitty sleep and days of not really eating much at all have resulted in the horrible deflated state I've been left in all day. Sure, some Wendy's got me going again, but then I walked 6 miles and big surprise when I felt shitty again in no time. I feel like I'm gonna die right now, had to skip work today because it was so bad. I thought it must've been covid but I was negative, then I thought pre-flu, maybe still possible but I don't have a fever.

I knew something was off yesterday at work, figured i'd nap it off, but I felt just as shitty. Same today, I got extra sleep, then took a nap, and still feel like I'm about to drop dead. I can't focus at all, how am I even writing this? Had plans to do DMT tonight and that's out the window... I have Sunday, Monday and Tuesday night to trip though. Hell even all the trips lately have likely taken energy from me.

I can't fight it anymore, that's for sure... days of shitty sleep and days of not really eating much at all have resulted in the horrible deflated state I've been left in all day. Sure, some Wendy's got me going again, but then I walked 6 miles and big surprise when I felt shitty again in no time. I feel like I'm gonna die right now, had to skip work today because it was so bad. I thought it must've been covid but I was negative, then I thought pre-flu, maybe still possible but I don't have a fever.

I knew something was off yesterday at work, figured i'd nap it off, but I felt just as shitty. Same today, I got extra sleep, then took a nap, and still feel like I'm about to drop dead. I can't focus at all, how am I even writing this? Had plans to do DMT tonight and that's out the window... I have Sunday, Monday and Tuesday night to trip though. Hell even all the trips lately have likely taken energy from me.
thanks for visiting my topic,you said inside me i feel alone and unreal,what if its all a dream where you need to find a solution to wake from this nightmare?have you tried dmt before?have you ever tried to think out of box?
for me,i think i can ignore any pain i get,because i know it can be unreal and its just a sense,an information receiving to me by my mind,currently i am hearing loud ringing from my left ear,back in years ago i couldn't wait in this condition a single hour.but now i don't have any problem if this ringing stays in my mind for ever.and i got a bad stomach pain because of missing biotin dose(i am addicted) just found a reason for my existence and all of them solved on their own

The signature is from the song "Late Night" by Syd Barrett, the guy of my avatar. But yeah, I guess I feel that way. It's more of a deeply lonesome feeling, and yeah I do DMT a lot, at least 50 times past 2 months (ballpark estimate of times doing it would only be about 100 in the last 2 years). So I've done most of it lately, but I think I never felt like life was a dream really except when I started smoking weed at 17, it's always a dicey age especially when it was 12 years ago and the medical weed was being imported and I severely underestimated it. Lots of teens get derealization and shit these days because of how strong the stuff is getting.