• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How many Hydrocodone ( Norco ) should I take?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rc3mil

Bluelighter
Hi. I recently got some Hydrocodone Norco 5 - 325. I was wondering what dose I should take to get a nice buzz? Im also wondering what the numbers mean? Is the 5 the mg? What is the 325? If someone could explain this to me it would be appreciated.

I have no tolerance to opiates at all. Within the last week I have plugged dilaudid twice. The first time I plugged 2 mg and then an hour later I plugged another 1 mg. I felt myself nodding off on the couch while watching a movie but that was about it. A day later I plugged 4 mg and then an hour later i plugged another 2 mg. No effect whatsoever. Felt totally normal. That was on Friday 1st February.

How much should i orally take?

Thanks to all

5/325 translates to 5mg of hydrocodone and 325mg of basically tylenol.
try taking 3-4 for a little buzz.
i should also mention that taking opiates to get high is playing with fire. so easy does it.

also, as a general rule of thumb, you dont want to take more than 1500-2000mg of tylenol at once. someone correct me if im wrong about the numbers. but too much APAP can cause liver damage.

Last edited:
We can't tell you how much you should take, only what a safe normal starting dose would be. Everyone is different in how it affects them and besides that we are a harm reduction forum and aren't here to help you achieve the best high but rather to help you use drugs more safely.

The fact that you felt that plugging 6mg of Dilaudid did nothing to you does NOT mean you should take a lot of hydrocodone, it's impossible to predict how it will affect you. Also are you sure that you felt nothing from the Dilaudid? Opioids are very subtle. Keep in mind you can die without getting high when it comes to opioid overdose.

As far as dosage, as wharf-rat said, up to 3 or 4 of the 5/325 pills should be ok, for a total of 15-20mg of hydrocodone.

EDIT: I am assuming you are planning on swallowing the hydrocodone??

also, as a general rule of thumb, you dont want to take more than 1500-2000mg of tylenol at once. someone correct me if im wrong about the numbers. but too much APAP can cause liver damage.

Yes, it's not a good idea to take more than 1500-2000mg of acetaminophen (aka Tylenol or APAP) at one time and not a good idea to go over 3000mg in 24 hours (some people say 4000mg in 24 hours but I think it's best to stick to the lower estimate). Also if a person is taking it on a frequent basis these numbers should be lowered. The acetaminophen danger should be taken seriously as people do frequently have liver failure from overdosing on it.

Last edited:
I just wanna comment on this ...

The first time I plugged 2 mg and then an hour later I plugged another 1 mg. I felt myself nodding off on the couch while watching a movie but that was about it. A day later I plugged 4 mg and then an hour later i plugged another 2 mg. No effect whatsoever. Felt totally normal.

That time you doubled up on dosages, you probably had some "obstacles" that absorbed the drug so it never got into your bloodstream.

So now that you know the 5 part of the 5/325 is hydrocodone, a good started dose of hydrocodone for someone with no tolerance is 15-20mg. You should get a very nice high from it while being on the safe end with both apap and opiate.

If you plan to ever do amounts like 50mg and such, depending on the pills you have you'll most likely want to perform a CWE (cold water extraction) which basically removes the Tylenol from the pills and leaves you with just hydrocodone in a solution. APAP is terrible for your liver as others have stated and I honestly recommend you avoid it completely if possible. However, with such a small amount of pills a CWE would be a waste, you would have to much loss with such a small amount of hydrocodone.

15mg is a good starting dose. Maybe more. I recently took 40mg and it was a really good time :)

While 40mg was good for you, for an opiate naive person such as the OP it would most definitely be on the high side. He could possibly end up nauseous and vomit. While hydrocodone isn't as prone to nausea as other opiates, it still might cause a bit for someone with such a low tolerance. However I don't think he would be in any sort of danger of ODing at that dose unless combined with other CNS depressants.

Just adding for the sake of HR. I personally still have a rather low opiate tolerance and handled 35mg plugged easily last week. I've taken hydrocodone plenty of times though ranging from 10-20mg before then.

I just wanna comment on this ...

The first time I plugged 2 mg and then an hour later I plugged another 1 mg. I felt myself nodding off on the couch while watching a movie but that was about it. A day later I plugged 4 mg and then an hour later i plugged another 2 mg. No effect whatsoever. Felt totally normal.

That time you doubled up on dosages, you probably had some "obstacles" that absorbed the drug so it never got into your bloodstream.

This is an excellent point. If someone doesn't have good plugging technique/prep or is already "plugged up", meaning has not evacuated their bowels recently, which is very likely if they used Dilaudid the previous day, then the Dilaudid could absorb very slowly. I really think that the 6mg plugged Dilaudid having little or no effect has no bearing on how much hydrocodone they should take.

15mg is a good starting dose. Maybe more. I recently took 40mg and it was a really good time :)

I don't think it's really helpful to add that you recently took 40mg and it was a really good time, that could influence someone to take 40mg as a starting dose as opposed to 15mg. 15mg should be plenty for a first-timer with no opioid tolerance. 40mg could definitely be too much.

Thanks for all the advice. As for plugging the dilaudid, I researched how to do it. I used the syringe with water after crushing the pills etc. Took a crap and about 20 minutes later plugged it. I did this both times. Maybe there was still crap in my ass but how do I get that out then? I crapped all I can lol.

And ya im taking the norcos orally. I have 5 of em total.

You think taking all 5 ( 25 mg ) orally at once is a little extreme or should I just go for it?

Will I be able to socialize with my wife without her knowing?

Thanks for all the advice. As for plugging the dilaudid, I researched how to do it. I used the syringe with water after crushing the pills etc. Took a crap and about 20 minutes later plugged it. I did this both times. Maybe there was still crap in my ass but how do I get that out then? I crapped all I can lol.

And ya im taking the norcos orally. I have 5 of em total.

You think taking all 5 ( 25 mg ) orally at once is a little extreme or should I just go for it?

Will I be able to socialize with my wife without her knowing?

Might as well take all 5 to get any sort of 'high' as that is only 25mg hydrocodone (1625 acetaminophen) which is relatively low in terms of recreation. Also, when taking opiates you get constipated pretty badly, it can be pretty hard to tell if you're totally cleaned out. Enemas are recommended before plugging to get maximum effects, but that's kind of a bit much in my opinion for a high. Socializing with your wife, probably wont know if the lighting is dim, but your pupils will be constricted and you might appear more colorless than usual, possibly slurring time and again and perhaps even nodding a wee bit. Your sex drive will go down a lot too keep in mind.

bout 20- 30 mins you should feel effects. for some reason it takes me longer to feel the effects of hydromorphone which is why i snorted 4 mgs the other day and after 15 mins i figured it wasnt enough so i ate 4mgs and it hit me like a feight train. so wait at least an hour before you redose and only redose in 2mg increments

With no tolerance redosing can be dangerous. If you must do it, wait at least an hour and go up by tiny increments.

Well I took the 8 mg and didnt feel anything so after an hour and 20 minutes I took another 4 mg making the dose 12 mg total. I didnt feel much at all. I felt a little light headed and extremely itchy. Like all over itchy. Was annoying. Guess people where right about dilaudid having a terrible oral BA.

Oral BA is around 32%. Insuffated is closer to 60%. Either way, with no tolerance, you should have felt more. 8 will sit me down, and I use a fair amount of opes.

Yeah, oral hydromorphone isn't the best way to do it, although with no tolerance you should have definitely felt something after maybe an hour. Take this as an incentive not to continue with the opiates, or at least not with the strong ones...

^ This all the way. If you aren't enjoying opiates, that's really a blessing. Take it from the many people that have went down the path of dependence and addiction. It is NEVER worth it in the end.

What has your experience been with other opiates OP? If this is a fairly new habit end it now if at all possible.

^ This all the way. If you aren't enjoying opiates, that's really a blessing. Take it from the many people that have went down the path of dependence and addiction. It is NEVER worth it in the end.

What has your experience been with other opiates OP? If this is a fairly new habit end it now if at all possible.

I took 25 mg of Hydrocodone the other night and I felt a nice rush with occasional nodding and a warm happy sensation all over. Felt very nice.

Thanks to all who answered. I took the 25 mg and it felt amazing. Like all warm and cozy, comfortable. I was buzzed and felt very happy.

Hey man, in response to the new thread that got closed... 30mg now should get you high yeah. Hydrocodone orally is one of the most euphoric opiates in my opinion (which is often overlooked by IV users who forget what it's like), so don't start messing with the strong ones like hydromorphone. They will just raise your tolerance and not get you as euphorically high.

Status
Not open for further replies.