• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

How long will the withdrawals last?

Brooki_cookie

Bluelighter
Hey everyone. I am normally prescribed hydrocodone 7.5 for chronic pain from an illness. I ended up in the hospital a few weeks ago and they gave me a two weeks worth of 2mg dilauded pills for home. I didn't abuse and somedays I took just one. I stopped taking them last Sunday and all hell broke loose. I've been through withdrawals before when I was a teen and got into bad things. I'm now 24 and hate this pain and I can't believe I'm back in this place. I didn't think I would get withdrawals taking as directed for that short time.

I have one pill left. I cut it into a half a two quarters. I also have some benzos to help. I feel ok today just some Stomach upset and agitation. But I am forcing myself to eat and drink water. How long do you think this will last? Yesterday I ended up taking one bc I felt like I couldn't breathe and had to be somewhere. My boyfriend says don't take anymore don't taper off with the last pill. Others are saying to taper. I should also mention I'm on a 15mcg butrans patch for pain. Any advice please and thank you. I hope I'll be ok and don't need to taper. I hope the worst is over.

I would suggest just using a short-term benzo to help with anxiety.
Gabapentin is amazing for helping combat withdrawals too if you can get a hold of it.

I know the feeling, if I use for even just two days in a row I get withdrawals.

Hello thank you for the response. I'm prescribed a low dose of Xanax my dad is going to pick it up now. I guess maybe listen to my body. If I feel so bad maybe take a quarter.... Idk. I don't have that tightness in my chest feeling as bad today. I just want to feel "normal" again and eat and sleep and everything.

I meant quarter of the hydromorphone. Idk what really to do I'm just trying to listen to my body and stay strong

Oh I know the feeling my friend.
However, you're getting relief by taking small amounts, but you're also prolonging your withdrawal.

I would suggest turn on some Netflix, take some of your Xanax, drink some broth and try to relax.
It's hard, but keeping your mind busy helps a lot with the anxiety.
Soak in a hot bath, watch some funny youtube videos, eat small amounts of chocolate.

Just know the only way you're going to feel normal again is time.
You have to get thru the initial withdrawals which should only lasts about 3 days from the usage and time you're telling me.
After that you may have some depression and anxiety but that goes away soon enough.

Much love to you my friend!

Also my physcistrist prescribed prazosin for awful night mares I haven't taken any I'm nervous bc it can lower blood pressure and I guess it helps block adrenaline. I read somewhere that, that drug helps but I don't wanna have severely low blood pressure. He said take at night and if I wake up feeling dizzy and stuff to not take it.

Thank you I'm watching tv as we speak um just curious why do people say eat chocolate? My dad is also getting me frozen yogurt because I'm a type 1 diabetic and I need to eat something and I do have soup

Prazosin can decrease the occurrence of somatic symptoms associated with opioid withdrawal.
Withdrawal increases blood pressure so it may help, also it may help with the anxiety too.

Thank you I'm watching tv as we speak um just curious why do people say eat chocolate? My dad is also getting me frozen yogurt because I'm a type 1 diabetic and I need to eat something and I do have soup

Chocolate is said to help release dopamine.
It may be just a placebo, but it has helped me in the past.

Sweets are a god-send during withdrawal for me. :)

I have a favorite chocolate the white peppermint kisses but they are seasonal and usually I order them off Amazon. I wish I had those. I also have essential oils and I've been diffusing lavender and peppermint and putting lavender in my tea and on the soles of my feet. Hope my dad gets back soon with the Xanax. Hope my bf calls me for support like he promised even though we are on a break.. I just need support and that it will pass and I will make it and I am telling myself that too.

Hey everyone I took some Xanax and was able to sleep for a bit. I'm feeling sort of agitated. I just took 1mg and my hydrocodone. I have a small piece of the hydromorphone in case it gets really bad. 2mg pill so around .5mg? I don't want to set myself back. Anyone else's input and support would be appreciated. Thank you

If you're feeling awful take a piece (0.5mg hydrocodone?). It won't make you feel worse. You just have to be careful you don't end up taking more later if this helps.

Hello toothpaste. It's the hydromorphone I'm having withdrawals from so I cut the last one into quarters. They are 2mg. I'm also wearing a butrans patch and I've taken my normal Vicodin but my body hurts like hell from wanting the dilauded

I just don't wanna be set back? My boyfriend says I will only prolong withdrawals by taking even a small amount. Idk

I really don't think that is the case. I mean, the withdrawal will take longer, but they will be less intense. It seems like the intensity of the withdrawal is causing you problems. I could be wrong.

Is your boyfriend in recovery and did was he a junkie?

No he has never had and issue he says he knows what withdrawals feels like but who knows. I didn't know him back when he possibly could of gone thorough this. I just took half so 1mg I guess. I'm hoping I can just stay strong and get through. My bf keeps lecturing me I told you that shit was no joke but I had never been on dilauded before and i was having severe pain I could not walk. I just need comfort right now also he lives 45 min away and won't come see me to be supportive. My dad is rubbing my feet and legs now. It's just my dad my mom passed away from breast cancer when I was 10

Brooki -

I am inclined to agree with toothpastedog (this does seems to be a consistent trend) - slightly lengthening the withdrawal is a fine trade off for lessening the withdrawal. Especially since you are feeling so awful. My vote is to take the .5 hydromorphone, for what it's worth!

Hang in there. You should be feeling better in no time!

- VE

LOL VE, good man ;)

It doesn't sounds like your boyfriend has any idea what he is talking about. I am so glad to here your dad is supportive, at least you have someone in your corner. "Tough love" type confrontation (what your boyfriend is doing) is shown to promote relapse, not recovery.