• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

How long to 'lose the magic'?

I think it depends on the person and how heavily they use.

For me, "losing the magic" was the slow realisation that what I was taking was only a drug, not a gateway to other people or the universe or my inner self. I realised that me sitting around taking e with my friends wasn't changing anything. We weren't finding out any more about ourselves or each other or our relationships anymore. E failed to wipe out all problems.

Basically, I stopped believing in e. I could still get high and have a good time, but that magical feeling wasn't there. The newness has worn off and I've stopped expecting great things from it.

Oh yeah, I was one of the lucky ones, it took me about four or five years of occasional use to lose the magic. Most people I know lost it alot sooner.

ive neva lost the magic but none of my rolls will eva compare 2 that first pill and id say thats bn the case with most drugs

I've been using for about 7 years and as far as I'm concerned have not lost the magic. Some of the rolls I've had this year have been some of the most intense and special ever.

I have never been a heavy user though there have been sometimes when my use was more frequent than it should of been. I could feel at those times the effect and specialness was starting to wear thin and it was time for a good break.

I think the key to keeping the magic is to moderate your use and to be sure that you taking the drug to enhance a good time not for a good time and definitely not to escape a bad time.

Beatlebot said:
I think it depends on the person and how heavily they use.

For me, "losing the magic" was the slow realisation that what I was taking was only a drug, not a gateway to other people or the universe or my inner self. I realised that me sitting around taking e with my friends wasn't changing anything. We weren't finding out any more about ourselves or each other or our relationships anymore. E failed to wipe out all problems.

Basically, I stopped believing in e. I could still get high and have a good time, but that magical feeling wasn't there. The newness has worn off and I've stopped expecting great things from it.

That strikes a chord with me. I for a long time took e thinking it would deeper my connection with people around me.. that I could somehow satisfy a spiritual need to connect more with people and get to the point where everything around me felt perfect. But that never happened apart from the 2nd time I did E which was the cleanest, most natural and complete high I've ever had. Nowadays it's been more of just feeling good and more receptive to others. No real intensity. Still got incredibly mashed, tripped out on occasion etc. but no pure intense euphoria which may or may not be down to biochemical changes in me (natural change or damage).
The 2nd time I did E, I was also new to clubbing so the whole environment I expect added to how I felt. After a while you can become used to the environment you pill in and your roll is worked less. You have to really work it to get the most out of it.
Loss of magic probably means different things to different people. Perhaps loss of it feeling special would be another way to describe it.

If u have only taken pills clubbing or in urban environments and think you have lost the magic, you are wrong. Get some good pills, and go out to some beutiful nature place and drop and u will feel the magic.

vancbc said:
Yea, somehow I just know when it's gonna be an amazing night. For example, my partner and I are going to a 'glow party' on Boxing Day.

It's basically a house party and there are only two rules: You must wear one and only one piece of clothing (including any undergarments) and it must glow under dark light.

As I understand there are about eighty guests invited. I only know four of them, so I asked the host if it was E-friendly. He laughed and told me that everyone there would be rolling. They have some wicked DJs lined up for all night with a couple of the rooms decked out as chill rooms.

This is going to be my first time in a setting like this and with my current mindset I know it's going to be absolutely killer.

pm me the address plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz