• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

How long to 'lose the magic'?

Pingu

Bluelighter
I've been thinking about this for quite a while now. People talk about 'losing the magic', and how MDxx just doesn't feel the same after you lose it, but how long does it take to lose, in terms of number of times you do it/how many you do. I know everyone says it's different with different people, but what is the average amount? Anyone here lost the magic already? After how long?

The magic went away for me after about my 10th time dropping. I was using heavily at the time, though (several pills a night, several nights a week). It was very stupid on my part and I came out of the binge HORRIBLY depressed.

I recall one day in particular where I was sitting in a hallway and thinking nothing was real. That nothing existed and that I was just some part of someone's imagination. That was my life for months until I started to rebound to the land of the living.

I've taken a long break and just started again recently. The magic has come back, as far as I can tell. Sure, it's not as good as the first couple times, but it's still pretty good.

- Jeebes

Ive been doing it for a couple of years and the magic is still there for me. Its not as great as it was the first 3 or 4 times, but i have made sure i have left long gaps between rolling, and its not that often i get hold of any really good mdma.. I reckon ive got quite a few more left in me before the magic is gone and its time to move on..

i been doing them for 5 years with a 1-2year break in the middle. I use it sparingly, maybe once every few months, and i take a high dose most of the time.
Magic is still here for me.

If your talking about the "magic" you feel your first couple of times, the "oh my god i never knew I could feel like this" you may never get that back without a long break or for some out of the blue reason like what i experieced last weekend http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=173995&r=2 . Or the "magic" where you still feel the effects of MDMA, which you could still acheive for as many times as you want to as long as you dont dose really high and do it in moderation.

i believe i almost lost it about a month an a half ago,, as i took 8 pills. after that night i realised, wow, i need to chill out alot. as i look back i know i was losing it but, now that ive been clean for over 2 months, that same anxiety is returning an i can tell next time i roll will be awesome,
I was dropping at least twice a month, an sometimes 4 times a month, that is by far too much

The 'magic' of MDMA is very subjective and depends on many things. I am a moderate user and after about a year and a half of use I thought I had lost the magic. Then I changed the set and setting where I used it and it was one of the best nights of my entire life.

True enough, that 'oh my god i never knew i could feel like this' feeling that indianaroller talked about fades after the first couple of times.

Also, many people who feel they have lost the magic realise they didn't lose it at all when they finally get a hold of some good pills.

I also think too many people underplay the psychedelic properties of MDMA. Much of the magic depends on set and setting, and as with any psychedelic there are really no guarantees of a great time. Although the unpleasant or undesirable experiences may be few and far between, I believe MDMA to have mild psychedelic properties. Once in a rave setting I found myself in a scary situation. The panic and fear I felt for a minute or two was just as profound as the bliss of the high.

If you get to the point where your not even excited about rolling then you have lost the magic. 2 hours before i even look at the pills im gonna take im bouncing off the walls. Also its good to change your set and setting like vancbc said. I have to watch my parents house sometimes and that place is an e-tards paradise.

Yea, somehow I just know when it's gonna be an amazing night. For example, my partner and I are going to a 'glow party' on Boxing Day.

It's basically a house party and there are only two rules: You must wear one and only one piece of clothing (including any undergarments) and it must glow under dark light.

As I understand there are about eighty guests invited. I only know four of them, so I asked the host if it was E-friendly. He laughed and told me that everyone there would be rolling. They have some wicked DJs lined up for all night with a couple of the rooms decked out as chill rooms.

This is going to be my first time in a setting like this and with my current mindset I know it's going to be absolutely killer.

catch a grip ive been doin them almost every week since february and the magic is still there:D
am takin a long break after new year tho, probably about 2/3 months

It really depends upon the person. I think it took me about a year and a half or so of rolling pretty much every weekend before it was gone.

Use in moderation now. I didn't even start to feel any different about rolling. One time the magic was still there, and the next time it was gone. :(

It's been over 3 years now since I have rollled and I would like to roll again in the near future. Hopefully the long break will bring some sort of magic back for me. :\

I think it's mostly based on usage and psychology. The more you use and the more frequently the quicker your mind becomes use to the sensations. IMO with moderation your can go for many years and have great times every time.

I've been using for almost 8 years, 2 - 6 times a year, and my X-periences are great each time I roll. But I view each time as an event in itself and not as just something to do. I think that those that "need" to roll when they go out are more likely to "lose the magic" than those that do it because they want to roll.

... 5-6 times and ive never gotten it back. For the most part i still roll hard, but the main difference is, the first 5 or so times i did MDMA, the roll lasted a good amount of time, and i still felt good for hours after the peakage, and then come down. Now it seems like the roll hits me hard for an hour, then for an hour im energized, and by the third i dont really feel anything. By the fourth hour after popping my jaws are usually aching, i have a headache, and feel the general comedown. Whenever i pre/post load however, i generally dont feel the comedown. However, the point of this post was just to say that after my 5th/6th roll, they seemed to last a lot less time.

^^Have you taken any breaks? If so, for how long?

Last edited:
To me, "loosing the magic"(sounds as tardy as 'rolling' imo :p )
is only a combination of
-non mdma pills(if you'd compare all your rolls to a good mdma dose they all won't have 'the magic')
-tolerance
-mindset
-expectations

just like ANY other drug.

Look i concider myself a baby to Ecstasy, but ive found that my eating habbits have changed alot since i started my usage. I am aware that the foods you eat replenishes (sp?) serotonin, so could peoples eating habbits play a role?.

I had a pill (i had bought 2 of them) a while ago, and it was good, but it was just an average pill that really wasnt worth my time, then i had my ussual month or 2 break and this time i had noticed a change in eating, so i decided to eat healthy, exercise and keep myself healthy, and then i had the other pill, and it was Alot times better.

Could also people stressing about it that forces themself to lose the magic?

Is losing the magic anything like what happens to people in day to day lives with things? Such as: I remember getting into Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2, i played it everyday, for hours and hours, then one day i got bored of it, needed somthing new. Or do you actually eat a pill, and it just dosnt come on?

As im writing this, i think that alot of things contribute towards it, its a wonderfull feeling, have it as a treat. every now and again. dont abuse it.

Well, I used to roll at least 4 times a week at one point and sometimes it seemed that the magic had gone away, but then I got locked up in 2003 did'nt roll again till June 2005 (yay!!) and the magic is still there in all of its glory. I've only rolled 4 times since I've been out and I've enjoyed every time like my first.:)

ive dropped 25++ plus beans over a 5 day span. I experienced psychosis after i quit heavily using cocaine and e. I lost my magic, i waited a long time and popped again but its nothing like it used to be

I just always worry that when I turn 40 I won't be able to find MDMA anymore thats why I do it when I get a chance. Hopefully MDMA will not change in the next 14 years