• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc How long can you use gabapentin with no fear of withdrawals?

Rio Fantastic

Bluelighter
Hello,

I've been using gabpentin for 12 days, and plan on using it for another day before stopping. In this time I've only had one day off it, as I've been using it as a heroin withdrawal aid but have lapsed twice. I've been using 1200-1600mg a day - will I get withdrawals when I stop the day after tomororw? It would fucking SUCK to have just gotten through heroin withdrawals and then have to withdraw from the shit I've been using to combat the WDs. I've only just found out withdrawals are even possible, and have no idea what to expect. Any advice would be great.

I've never had the wd's last more than 72 hours (And I've used them up to 6 months in a row, at around 1500-1800mg's. If you /can/ just taper your dose down a bit every day/every other day, and you should have no problems. Best of luck staying off everything my friend. I'm currently in the "chipping" mode with Heroin. Which is me taking it... maybe once a month or so. Though I didn't take it for a very long time before I trusted myself to chip... Best of luck my friend. I know how it feels. And I hope my answer made you feel a bit better. If you have /any/ benzodiazepines to take for say... 3-5 days, then take them, you /shouldn't/ have withdrawals from that length of time. (Benzodiazepines)

EDIT: Sorry I slightly read your question wrong! I /doubt/ you'll get wd's from only 12 days of use. I didn't feel wd's when I got say a month's work or three month's work. You should be completely okay my friend :)

Last edited:
I've never had the wd's last more than 72 hours (And I've used them up to 6 months in a row, at around 1500-1800mg's. If you /can/ just taper your dose down a bit every day/every other day, and you should have no problems. Best of luck staying off everything my friend. I'm currently in the "chipping" mode with Heroin. Which is me taking it... maybe once a month or so. Though I didn't take it for a very long time before I trusted myself to chip... Best of luck my friend. I know how it feels. And I hope my answer made you feel a bit better. If you have /any/ benzodiazepines to take for say... 3-5 days, then take them, you /shouldn't/ have withdrawals from that length of time. (Benzodiazepines)

EDIT: Sorry I slightly read your question wrong! I /doubt/ you'll get wd's from only 12 days of use. I didn't feel wd's when I got say a month's work or three month's work. You should be completely okay my friend :)

Awesome. Be very, very careful with heroin buddy. We all started as chippers, but it didn't last long. I know you've probably heard this before, but I'd run a mile will I still can if I were you. Thanks for the encouragement :)

Awesome. Be very, very careful with heroin buddy. We all started as chippers, but it didn't last long. I know you've probably heard this before, but I'd run a mile will I still can if I were you. Thanks for the encouragement :)
I will be man, I promise, it's been over 2 year and a month since I've IV'd any opioid, I only sniff it now. I have a girlfriend now, have to take care of both of us, can't do that if I'm living in the past. Best of luck my friend. And no problem with the encouragement, I know how hard it is to stop heroin, and I'm glad I used Gabapentin the last time so I could help you out.

Hello,

I've been using gabpentin for 12 days, and plan on using it for another day before stopping. In this time I've only had one day off it, as I've been using it as a heroin withdrawal aid but have lapsed twice. I've been using 1200-1600mg a day - will I get withdrawals when I stop the day after tomororw? It would fucking SUCK to have just gotten through heroin withdrawals and then have to withdraw from the shit I've been using to combat the WDs. I've only just found out withdrawals are even possible, and have no idea what to expect. Any advice would be great.

You will be 100% fine after only 12 days of use...some people take gaba for years and just quit with minimal wds.

Was in the same boat. Took neurontin, phenobarb, and klonopin to get of suboxone. Had NO problem w the neurontin (gabapentin) ...but the barbs & benzos were an issue. Anyway, you'll be fine!

I took gabapentin for a period of 7 weeks at doses ranging from 1200mg-2100mg. This was prescribed to me by a doctor.

I got off it almost 8 months ago and have been living in an unimaginable hell. Gabapentin withdrawal has been the WORST thing in the world.

Ummm, I'm not sure...it sucks though, mine was probly a combo of things...when I lost my one of my klonopin hookups and my Gaba hookup I had AND had to go to my Sub doctor once a month again after going every 3 months, during which I ate a lot of Gabapentin and benzo's...it was mentally awful for months and months and months but I can't tell if it was from Gaba or benzo's, prob both. I shall let ya know when I run out this month, I have 9 klonopin and 40 Gabas,so yaaay. I was gonna take my benzo's sparingly this month and have been it's just there has been a day here and there where I took 6-8. Just know phenibut w/ds suck but gaba helps with that, I was barely able to leave my room and drive to my appointment the anxiety was so bad from that damn phenibut(though it does help, I was only taking 2 grams a day, never re-dosed) but didn't realize I had been takin it so much the past month or so. Anyway, I heard it's shitty, I can't really say cuz my gaba receptors were kinda confused during that 6 months of mental hell, dunno if it was benzo's or Gaba