• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

how long before drugs made you go broke?

falsifiedhypothesi

Bluelight Crew
I've managed to keep my small addictions small for the past four years, I am always saving more money. There has never been a time when I spent obscene amounts on drugs. Anybody else in my same position? If not how quickly after you started using did you end up in the red?

I don't understand the point of this thread. You been using drugs for four years and have never spent obscene amounts, and you are always saving up more money....That's good I guess.

You don't have to go broke, to see red. And that's what sucks about certain Drug Addictions. You realize you have not bought any new clothes in two years, you have been driving the same car for almost a decade, you need new sneakers, etc*

Even spending only $10 a day on a daily drug habit adds up to about $4000 a year. Daily drug use might not make you broke, but you will see the quality of your life degrade as the years pass by.

Umm maybe a month and a half.
All I know is I was basically purchasing .15 - .3 of heroin a day, typically in the middle, when I first started out. $20 a day, every fuckin day is not cheap for a 20 year old making $10 an hour. I kept that lifestyle for 4 months until I was in serious financial trouble.

Well, I've been pretty broke the whole time but i can definitely say drugs began to really fuck me over when I spent a week banging meth with an old so called "friend" who got my phone stolen and I ended up maxing out both my credit cards (luckily they only had $1000 limits!). Then I had to use money from UI to pay for what I owed, and ended up staying on UI after getting a job and they found out so now I owe the gov like a grand.... It was my first and last time smashing meth, i stayed up for almost a whle week doing more and more, on top of countless 2mg clonazepam pills... It was a nightmare, I went into psychosis and lost my job.

This all happened in Feb of 2014, and I'm still trying to fix it... but since then I've gotten pretty addicted to IV hydromorph, and have been battling that demon from dragging me down to rock bottom. So I've basically been broke since then, hopping different jobs trying to stay on my feet. Barely managing to pay my rent...

It only took a week.
Meth will fuck you up.

Since I started?? I don't have my own place, same car forever, same cloethes forever, never buy anything I want such as albums/movies because I will have a relaspe on opiates and, there goes my money.

Gone legitimately, flat out, no money broke from drugs? Never. I have spent a huge amount of money on drugs that I'll never get back, though (and I'm only in my mid 20s)

Then again that money probably would've been wasted some other way, if not on drugs...

Ummm within a year of using IV opiates I had racked up a lot of debt, sold my car, etc. Spent the next four years working two jobs at a time (one of them really good-paying/professional type) and still being broke enough that I often couldn't pay bills on time. I just moved away from my hometown 5 months ago to try and get back on my feet, get my finances on track, and all that good stuff.

But as Ignot said, it's not always that black and white...you just start to realize how much stuff you're not doing, or able to do, because so much "disposable" income is going toward dope. It's fuckin scary to think about how much $ I have spent on drugs in the last ten years.

I have two times. In my earl y twenties, I worked but spent every extra penny (and sometimes more) went to X and coke. And then in my late thirties, every dollar I could get from my check and not have my husband notice went to whatever opiate pills I could find. Now, just turned forty and all I spend on is red wine and my suboxone script and have money left over to buy more shoes and clothes now!

Intermittent heroin chipper for almost 2 years while I was in school->graduated and unemployed for a bit, weekend heroin use->got a good(ish) job, started accumulating savings->girl and I shooting dope every day within a couple months, started accumulating tolerance->broke ~9months later but managed to get on Suboxone and keep the job so it could be a lot worse.

At my worst I was $20k in debt with a 500ish credit score, repo men knocking on my door, behind a month on rent, no way out. I finally came out to my parents who amazingly helped me get back on my feet. That was approximately 5 years ago. Today I own a couple businesses, drive a new WRX STI financed @ 1.49% and have a credit score of:

fico.jpg

Not bragging, just want people to know it's possible no matter what your situation is to rebuild your life.

I blew threw $15,000 in a bit less than two months, this is why I don't do drugs anymore and why I would I advise people not to develop similar habits to my old habit. So you can end up broke way fast. I know peoples that blew through way more than I did in way less time, be careful.

This is just an experience thread ignot. the only reason I made this thread is because I've only recently started to make decent money and I'm realizing how easy it can be to get carried away. Nice turnaround pinpoint, you must have great parents.

if i had all the money i spent on dope .....at age 57 i would be a very wealthy woman.:\

I personally believe that drugs don`t make anyone broke, a lack of financial planning does.

I say this because I`m a heavy drug user but always end up spending all my money on electronics, clothes, or events like clubs, museums, etc.

I honestly never understood how someone can lose all their money to drugs. I personally think such people were simply manic and ended up blowing it on everything, drugs included.

I mean even with a heavy tolerance, there`s only so much drugs someone actually needs to get high and physically can take.

No, I think the person is either living in poverty and society blames class inequality on drug abuse, or the person is going through some mental health crisis and doesn`t have any sense... or just plain old live for the day attitude. Still, I think poverty is the problem, drugs the answer, not the other way around.

Never went broke from drugs personally. I made money on drugs for about a decade , never really spent my own money on drugs directly.

And you always hear guys saying they sell drugs just to survive out here while rocking a 2k gold chain and a 200k Benz. No man you do it because you're getting rich and your good at it.

After I got clean , that's when I went broke lol. Kinda a reverse effect financially.

That being said I was robbed of the time I could have focused on more proactive priorities. If I had just invested a fraction of that money back then I'd be set for retirement already lol. No I wasted ten valuable years getting fucked up.

So fast that I can't even stand to think about it. In a little over a year, I maxed out my credit card, wiped out my savings account and burned through my 401k.

That'll happen when you're buying 300-400mg of Oxy a day at a dollar per milligram (not to mention all the booze, benzos, speed and coke)!

Last edited:
And you always hear guys saying they sell drugs just to survive out here while rocking a 2k gold chain and a 200k Benz. No man you do it because you're getting rich and your good at it.

This one. I tend to look down on journalists who interview criminals, and accept the BS answer from the criminal, "I turned to bank robbery because I actually could find no other job."
Not so, the crook turned to bank robbery because he didn't feel like being an accountant or flipping burgers. Lazy.

Was finally digging myself out of a rut and had saved a bit over 10,000$ and the only drugs I was doing was mushrooms which were free and I smoked like a quarter of weed a week so I was saving good

I'm with you on this one. I enjoyed reading this thread, but I've had the *opposite* experience with drugs. During the big money days I tended to spend an unfortunate amount of money on....restaurant food? Doesn't seem glamorous but if you have $100 a day burning a hole in your pocket it's quite easy to spend on food.

If I have medium-level money, I travel. No regrets here, I love travel.

But if I don't have enough money to travel? That's when drugs enter the picture. Weed is cheap. Ibogaine is cheap. Wormwood is cheap. Caffeine is cheap. I turn to drugs, board games and video games when I don't have money because they make the time go by.

About 10 years of intense play and years of light play before that but I was very lucky

And I didn’t get broke cuz of drugs per se, I got broke cuz of girl that, hm, broke me; but if I wasn’t using drugs at that time I wouldn’t get broke and broken, probably

To get now into better position money wise I know good drugs would help me and make me way more effective. Not necessary for everyday use but even just for a jumpstart with some intense disso or psychedelic experience if you know what I mean.

Earning care free on benzo or focused on coke or relaxed on opiates isn’t hard for most people who have roof over their head.

Using illicit (not prescribed) drugs has always left me financially destitute. The more monies I had the more drugs I would acquire.
Even if I made money by selling drugs (and in the distant past this was common), the money seemed to always get sucked up with a quickness.
The only way I found to stem this being broke all the time was the realization that it did not only keep me broke but forced my family into the same from my selfish behavior.
I am still financially unstable after quitting many substances but this is mostly from making bad decisions made and not being able to find a sustainable/legitimate job.
Years later I am still struggling but do not hate myself from the "it's all about me" state of mind.
Unless one has unlimited funds it does not take long at all to go broke: I have witnessed doctors, lawyers and other high paying professionals go broke from drug use quickly and leave them so destitute that they could only focus on suicide as a solution. This has been quite some time ago as I left those circles so not sure where they are or how they are faring today. Hope they all found a way out of the chains that we find ourselves in with addictions.
The only sustainable way I have found to not stay chained down is to deal with the underlying causes of my addictions which is not fun and I know why most will not go this route and just keep trying to cover over the pains with whatever substance or actions that works for them be it sex, drugs, gambling, risky behaviors, eating disorders etc etc etc.