Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

How I Survive Meth Use

Bailey Ltd

Greenlighter
I'm a 18 year old male and have been using Ice for about half a year. By no means am I a veteran and in no way do I condone usage. Here is how I've survived thus far.

Be Mindful Of The Impact Meth Has On Others

Never, ever give methamphetamine to a non-user (even if they're seeking it) and never peer pressure a person, that's bullying and it's irresponsible because your potentially altering someone's wellbeing among other important aspects long-term. Secondly it's ideal to not affiliate yourself with distribution in any way, includes friends and other users. You want to protect yourself from any blowback at all costs. Iadd this because naturally being an impressionable young adult on a week bender while around the wrong people caused me to make the wrong decisions and I'd never wish the same on anyone else.

Research Methamphetamine: It's Powerful And Dangerous

From my experience after the initial use you may obsess about your new found recreation, take advantage of this and conduct your own research. It's important to learn about the impact on the body, mind, social life, financials and career. Bluelight plus unnameables are an excellent resource but beware of"broscience" and try to validate what you learn.

Addiction can happen to anyone who uses meth, meth has the capacity to release 1250 units of dopamine compared to food (150 units), sex (200 units) and cocaine (350units). Really puts addiction potential into comparison but from experience abstaining from cigarettes is harder than my two week break between meth use.Initially beginning meth regularly is when I found it most addictive and was at my most destructive period. Taking a month break after my first two weeks of use saved me from a full blown addiction and allowed me to compile a safe plan that I haven't broken in my 6 months of use thus far. In fact I've spent this year more sober than the previous two years and am managing my use better thanI could with cannabis or MDMA.

Transition slowly when using meth learn how it affects you. Overdoses can occur with a dose of just 50mg in a non-tolerant user, though a tolerant user can probably withstand doses of 1g +- a day. A common misconception about overdosing is a user becomes over amped and is riddled with anxiety and/or panic and think they're overdosing, though it's unlikely unless you're experiencing a fever, convulsions or cardiovascular issues. Observe for dangerous vitals and monitor your blood pressure and heart rate, invest if you don't have the equipment.

Getting spun is fun until it isn't. Paranoia and delusions plague the sleep deprived.Commonly you may hear the voices of family and friends talk about your every action leading you to look for recording devices and acting out. The same part of the brain activates that is responsible when hearing real external sounds and the hallucinations are essentially real sounds for you.
This May also indicate early stages of psychosis which is indistinguishable from schizophrenia due to do excess dopamine and hypersensitivity. Your brain will start finding connections in things that only make sense to you and you'll find it nearly impossible to not be suspicious of other individuals intentions, even your closest relative is not trusted.

Acquiring Antipsychotics of the dopamine antagonist variety is ideal for minor emergencies, potentially avoid aripiprazole as it's a dopamine partial agonist.Ingest an antipsychotic primarily and/or benzodiazepine secondarily if you suspect panic/anxiety/psychosis. This is the first line of treatment when visiting the hospital for meth induced panic and psychosis. Doses of 10mg olanzapine + 15mg diazepam should suffice though repeat doses after your nap if possible.

Seek immediate medical attention if you suspect overdose and apply the above as precaution. Make your house accessible in case of unconsciousness. If available go next door and say you think you've ingested a poison on accident.

Responsible Usage: Invest In Your Health, It'sImportant

Typically a session for me is a two and a half day binge resulting in the use of around 500 mgs once every two weeks. This works extremely well, creates minimal impact on day to day life and I get to unwind twice a month. A comedown for me consists of a slow ride to sedation and is generally not depressive at all, no pain or aches and is generally enjoyable. To this date I've never had a negative comedown and am back to normal after a 10-12 hour sleep, I don't experience excessive eating and tiredness at all which seems to be common. I Suspect my minimal comedown is part genetics, part metabolism and part self care.

It's common knowledge but still important to mention but it's necessary to eat,hydrate, change up route of administration, limit binge and supplement.Personally I have no problem eating but if that's difficult there a many liquid meals you can prepare. Milk is my primary go to thirst quencher, it's packed with goods, protects teeth, contains tyrosine and is a good hydrator.

I Think it's important to change up ROA every session so alternating every time after a period of break is a way to share the load equally. Oral use gave me the best high I've had, full on body high and orgasmic tingling for hours,don't disregard it! The next session I switch to insufflating and that is followed by smoking next time round. This method lowers the risk of damage to one pathway and allows time to heal.

Supplementing with 5-HTP and L-Tyrosine have benefited me and may also reduce any negative of a comedown you may suffer from. They should avoided 24hrs before dosing but preloading the week before has proven effective and I swear I get a unique high every session that doesn't decrease in intensity. 5-HTP is a serotonin precursor while tyrosine is the precursor to L-dopa then dopamine.

Summary/TLDR

• Don't be an asshole and forge someone's addiction.
  • Keep it low-key don't supply anyone and don't connect anyone.
  • Stay strong about your values and don't submit to peoples influences.

• Research and understand what you're messing with, be cautious of misinformation and broscience.
  • Recognize the addiction potential and learn to manage it.
  • Start slow, learn symptoms of anxiety, panic, psychosis and overdose. Don't risk it if you're doubting your safety. Monitor vitals occasionally.
  • Home treatment of psychosis, panic and anxiety with antipsychotics and benzodiazepines.

• How I use without a negative comedown
  • Eat, Drink, Change ROA
  • Investigate potentially beneficial supplements such as tyrosine and 5-htp

Interesting read, I see you haven't been doing this long so what made you try it? Did you take on board all your own advice first? I'm only asking because I'm pretty certain that ppl who end up addicted to this probably wouldn't have tried it in the first place if they knew what would happen.
I've been using for 12 years or pretty close to it and I had no idea how addictive this drug is.
I've always injected it too so I've had the added stigma of the ROA being a bad thing in itself as most ppl will call me a junkie because of it.
I've overdosed once and had a dirty hit and both times got myself to hospital - and if it happens to you won't be thinking about what story to tell the neighbours - for one thing they most likely will not believe you and the other is that you don't want that kind of attention trust me I lived on a quiet street at the time and I'm sure most of them noticed that I was awake when most ppl were sleeping.
The longest break I had was 6 months but I still went back and used but one thing I have never done or will is use or show it to ppl who don't,
Anyway stay safe :)

I like your guide. There are a lot of really good sections and advice. However there are some really important bits that are missing. I like to visualise these drug guides as a bit like the drug being a tight rope and the OP is a disciplined tightrope walker. Bailey Ltd has trained himself using his well documented regime and can walk the walk along the thin rope. The problem of course being is anyone who lacks said discipline could easily read some of this, be lulled into a belief that following it is all you need to do to avoid meth addiction and then end up falling off the rope and becoming horribly addicted to amphetamines.

At the very least you need to expand your guide with an understanding of what are the root causes of amphetamine addiction. The causes of the comedown and the physiological causes of the misnomer we call withdrawals. Why? Because at present your drinking water, milk, eating supplements and preaching all sorts of good health techniques without appreciating if they have an actual neuroregenerative effect or if in fact they're aiding the chemicals and effects that cause addiction and amphetamine induced sickness.

Also I think there is a huge section missing on psychosis and sleep. The single two issues that are the prime cause of the violence and insanity associated with rampant methamphetamine use.

So psychosis.

A lot of people think that amphetamines themselves cause psychosis, especially after frequent doses. This of course is utter bullshit. There are three known factors behind psychosis. Genetics, cytokines and a lack of sleep.

Recently the primary purpose of sleep was discovered. It' removes the waste products produced by the brain during the day. At night when we sleep the brain is drained of blood and the circulatory system in the brain is filled with cerebrospinal fluids which are used to literally wash the brain of the huge amount of waste products that build up during the day.

So imagine what happens after being awake for several days because of your meth use? Your brain is literally swimming in shit which surely has major psychological problems. The other factor in psychosis is the relationship of pro-inflammatory cytokines have. This meta review showed in medication-naive individuals the following:

Highly significant effect sizes were found for elevated IL-1β, sIL-2r, IL-6, and TNF-α. Non-significant effect size estimates were obtained for IL-2, IL-4, and IFN-γ. Thus, we found significant elevation in pro-inflammatory cytokine levels in the serum of patients with medication-naive first episode psychosis. This adds to the evidence of a pro-inflammatory immune deregulation in schizophrenia and suggests these cytokines should be the focus for further research in biomarkers of progress and extent of illness.

There is a major link with cytokines and pyschosis which as you can imagine is not helped by the the fact that amphetamine cause the production of cytokines as shown here:

There are many indications that psychostimulant drugs such as cocaine and methamphetamine initiate immune signaling and the TLR4/MD2 complex plays a prominent role (Fig. 2). One of the first illustrations of increased immune response in the brain and microglial activation was shown with the administration of methamphetamine [63, 64]. Here, high doses of methamphetamine produce enhanced NFκB-DNA binding and induction of proinflammatory cytokine gene expression.

So lots of meth = Cytokines+lack of sleep+genetics = psychosis

The second problem with meth is the feedback loop that is particularly vicious with amphetamines. Otherwise known as addiction. A word that i believe a lot of people think they understand but in reality have no fucking idea about what it actually means.

Take meth and although the first dozen occasions don't present any problem after awhile the inflammatory response to the amphetamines begins to build up.

This is felt acutely in the "comedown" experienced in the week after your last dose. These inflammation chemicals have a half-life of at least 5-10 days. If you take meth again without reducing the elevated levels of cytokines in your body you'll simply increasing your bodies load.

So you end up feeling worse and worse. Thus you take more meth. Not only to get high on party nights but during the week when your working/at school. You do this albeit at lower doses in order to feel "normal". Trying to get back to the baseline you were at before you started down this adventure called drugs.

But of course this frequent dosing cause greater and greater build up of these cytokines and other chemicals, to the point where the come down is now referred to as "withdrawals" (which aren't really withdrawals) but the effective of the toxic build up caused by the drug itself. Of course the only way to avoid this sickness is to continue taking more amphetamines.

The only way to avoid this is either suppress the mechanism which is causing the inflammatory products or go on a break of at least 10 days between doses. Something of which only disciplined individuals could ever achieve.

A comedown for me consists of a slow ride to sedation and is generally not depressive at all, no pain or aches and is generally enjoyable. To this date I've never had a negative comedown and am back to normal after a 10-12 hour sleep, I don't experience excessive eating and tiredness at all which seems to be common. I Suspect my minimal comedown is part genetics, part metabolism and part self care.

Genetics plays a big part. People with a a history of childhood abuse, or suffering pre-natal exposure to stress hormones is all it takes to become primed. Imagine if you were suffering from unnatural levels of proinflammatory cytokines as a child. Its like having a headache. You'd never be able to subjectively explain that you had it. It would be as normal to you as evreything else.

Taking your first dose of meth, heroin, alcohol or cocaine is going to give you a far better "high", a massive sense of relief compared to an individual not primed in this way. This is why only some of the population become drug addicts whilst many others can avoid it. Your comedown (the amount of inflammatory chemicals in your body) can be widely different to those who have a malfunctioning glia.

Addiction can happen to anyone who uses meth, meth has the capacity to release 1250 units of dopamine compared to food (150 units), sex (200 units) and cocaine (350units).

Can i see your references for this. That looks like an interesting subject. I didn't know they were able to quantify it so.

Acquiring Antipsychotics of the dopamine antagonist variety is ideal for minor emergencies, potentially avoid aripiprazole as it's a dopamine partial agonist.Ingest an antipsychotic primarily and/or benzodiazepine secondarily if you suspect panic/anxiety/psychosis. This is the first line of treatment when visiting the hospital for meth induced panic and psychosis. Doses of 10mg olanzapine + 15mg diazepam should suffice though repeat doses after your nap if possible. (350units).

Look, these are powerful drugs, especially the anti-psychotics. Perhaps you should reduce the forthrightness of your comment here to tell people to use these drugs especially considering the addictive qualities they hold and the withdrawals are dangerous. They also have a host of problems in their own right, some can cause anxiety etc.

Or edit it and list some of the issues with these drugs. The problem is that if your taking these drugs, which are no better then bandaids (they really aren't fixing the psychosis) the user might be lulled into the belief that they keep using amphetamines.

Like I said, regular sleep, and a long period between doses is the only way to avoid addiction and psychosis.

Unfortunately sometimes people get into a bad spot in life and if they are already using or have used meth in the past socially it can become an emotional crutch for them to feel better and cope with their issues.

The line of becoming completely dependant and a social user becomes obscured when use gets more often.

The addict themselves might not be able to distinguish the difference and not realise they have become addicted to the point of ruining their life. Telling a meth addict they are an addict and need help is not easy and is usually not listened to.

In Aus there is no way at all for a family member or lover or friend to physically make an addict get treatment without the addicts consent and many of us addicts do not want to or cant admit to needing help.

A small example being: The Swan Valley mental health service in Perth can not help unless the addict themselves goes in for assessment by themselves and shows 6 months drug free.

Getting to 6 months drug free IS the hard part. If you do that on your own then you dont need them really :\

Unless you end up in hospital or jail its very hard to pull out of freefall.

Stopping yourself going over the edge is the only way to easily get back on track.

If you feel you have to stop for a long break and wont consider getting help you can do it by yourself at home. You need at least a week off ( or long weekend if you cant get leave), a peaceful relaxing environment and turn phone off. Get seroquel and valium from a gp and either tell thrm the truth or say you are going through a very rough patch and need to regulate your sleep and mood.

This worked for me after inpatient did not.

So if you are a regular user you have to be mindful of your use and just keep it under control for your own self. Not using it for periods of time is essential and makes the occasional use actually better.