• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants How I Brew My Morning Cup..

G_Chem

Moderator: OD
Staff member
Over the years I’ve tried to perfect the art of making a hot beverage that can wake me up and keep me going for a long time when it does it. For years I swore off coffee but then I found Maca and my life changed. Maca gave me that extra boost without causing a crash when mixed with caffeine.

These days I don’t brew up coffee often but when I do this is how it goes. I highly recommend others try this “recipe.”

You’ll need...

-Whole High Quality Coffee Beans (the most important part of course, low quality equals nasty flavor and jittery effect)
-Maca Root, whole or powder
-Cacao nibs
-Cinnamon
-Coconut oil, unfiltered
-Ghee
-Whole milk, or milk alternative
-Honey or some banana

You’ll also want a pour over coffee maker and an immersion blender. I also use an electric kettle to get the water hot.

First things first take the exact amount of beans you need for your cup and toss into a grinder. Add in a pinch of cacao nibs. Grind to your liking.

Place the ground material into your pour over, add a 1/4 teaspoon of powder yellow Maca (or more but I find this amount is perfect). Get your water to a good rolling boil and then take it off heat and count to 50 in your head to allow it to cool.

Pour the water over the material, as you do so never allow the filter and ground material to completely drain of liquid. The oils will float on top and so long as you keep some water in there this will minimize the oils getting down into the brew.

I typically do three pours and discard before it fully drains on the last pour.

Now while you were doing this get yourself a cup prepared. Nothing worst than pouring your hot drink into a cold cup and losing that warmth. Get your sink running hot water and run the cup under it to get it nice and warm then fill it with the hot water and let it sit.

Once brewed dump the hot water out and you have a nice warm cup to pour your fresh brewed coffee in. Pour it in. Add a whopping tablespoon of coconut oil and the same or a little less of ghee. Add the cinnamon, a dash of milk, and the honey and/or half of a banana for sweetness.

With the immersion blender go to town and blend the whole mix together. Then enjoy...

The reason this drink is so good on energy. You’ve got optimal amounts of coffee, cacao, Maca, and cinnamon all which have stimulating properties, which is then blended with all the fats and possibly banana if you go that route to give it a slower onset and longer duration.

A normal cup of coffee might last me 1-4 hours. This drink will have you going all day.

-GC

Reactions: CFC
I personally find good coffee is tasty and enjoyable without any need to add ghee, cinnamon, and cacao. It's coffee, not chai tea ;)

I personally find good coffee is tasty and enjoyable without any need to add ghee, cinnamon, and cacao. It's coffee, not chai tea ;)
It is more like a coffee based wellness drink and I am all here for it

Sounds yummy! Does the bitterness of the cacao remain after adding milk?
My go to in the past was black tea with cinnamom and ginger, yogi tea is the brand.

Right now I am all about chamomile or sleepy time sinus soothing tea (menthol, peppermint, ect)

I made an immune system booster (honey, garlic, turmeric, ginger, red and black pepper, cinnamon)

I add this honey mixture to my tea and add a large squeeze of lemon. It is divine!

In the fall, I make my coffee with extra cream, cinnamon and brown sugar. 😋😋😋

Reactions: CFC
Over the years I’ve tried to perfect the art of making a hot beverage that can wake me up and keep me going for a long time when it does it. For years I swore off coffee but then I found Maca and my life changed. Maca gave me that extra boost without causing a crash when mixed with caffeine.

These days I don’t brew up coffee often but when I do this is how it goes. I highly recommend others try this “recipe.”

You’ll need...

-Whole High Quality Coffee Beans (the most important part of course, low quality equals nasty flavor and jittery effect)
-Cacao nibs
-Cinnamon
-Coconut oil, unfiltered
-Ghee
-Honey or some banana

You’ll also want a pour over coffee maker and an immersion blender. I also use an electric kettle to get the water hot.

First things first take the exact amount of beans you need for your cup and toss into a grinder. Add in a pinch of cacao nibs. Grind to your liking.

Place the ground material into your pour over, add a 1/4 teaspoon of powder yellow Maca (or more but I find this amount is perfect). Get your water to a good rolling boil and then take it off heat and count to 50 in your head to allow it to cool.

Pour the water over the material, as you do so never allow the filter and ground material to completely drain of liquid. The oils will float on top and so long as you keep some water in there this will minimize the oils getting down into the brew.

Now while you were doing this get yourself a cup prepared. Nothing worst than pouring your hot drink into a cold cup and losing that warmth. Get your sink running hot water and run the cup under it to get it nice and warm then fill it with the hot water and let it sit.

Once brewed dump the hot water out and you have a nice warm cup to pour your fresh brewed coffee in. Pour it in. Add a whopping tablespoon of coconut oil and the same or a little less of ghee. Add the cinnamon, a dash of milk, and the honey and/or half of a banana for sweetness.

With the immersion blender go to town and blend the whole mix together. Then enjoy...

The reason this drink is so good on energy. You’ve got optimal amounts of coffee, cacao, Maca, and cinnamon all which have stimulating properties, which is then blended with all the fats and possibly banana if you go that route to give it a slower onset and longer duration.

A normal cup of coffee might last me 1-4 hours. This drink will have you going all day.

-GC

That looks like it would be delicious and filling :coffee::coffee::coffee:

Though I'd leave out the coffee for myself as coffee's yucky :D

Sounds yummy! Does the bitterness of the cacao remain after adding milk?
My go to in the past was black tea with cinnamom and ginger, yogi tea is the brand.

Yeah, cacao's still bitter even with milk, but there's honey and/or banana in there for some sweetness. I like Yogi Tea too.

In the morning I'll generally have two cups of coffee, with a little half-and-half...at night I usually have a chamomile/lemon-ginger mix tea (and, separately, a cup of kratom tea lately)

But thanks for sharing that post OP. I thought it was interesting, I've never heard of maca root before.

Here's mine:

Wake up feeling angry because it's another day and apparently I still exist. Eventually drag myself out of bed and go into the kitchen.

1) Add water to coffee mug until 3/4 full.
2) Place mug in microwave and heat on full power for two minutes.
3) Take hot coffee mug out of microwave
4) Add two heaping spoonfuls of cheap freeze dried coffee crystals.
5) Stir
6) Drink

I tried getting into coffee crystals...feels too much like you're drinking coffee in some remote outpost or research facility tho ;)

Oh regular freshly ground beans are the way to go definitely. Way better taste and aroma. I only use the freeze dried crystals because it's really quick to make. I am not a morning person so the easier the better. If I'm in a huge hurry, like I over slept, then I can even just deposit a spoonful directly in mouth as I run out the door...

I followed your directions down to the letter, but when i got to the maca root, i discovered i was fresh out.
So i just used 1/4 tsp of metalphetermine instead.
You weren't kidding, best cup of coffee evar.
:coffee:(y)

You’ll need...

-Cacao nibs
-Cinnamon
-Coconut oil, unfiltered
-Ghee
-Honey or some banana

-GC
Peruvian maca ftw brooo :)