• Guest, Welcome to FESTIVUS

20th Anniversary How has Bluelight had an effect on your life? On those around you?

This is my internet home! I wish I'd come across BL sooner.

I love the fact that I can talk about anything and everything relating to my drug use, even the worst bits, without people going 'shock horror' or being instantly judgemental.
Now that I'm out-of-the-loop as far as 'the scene' is concerned I don't really have any contact with any fellow druggies (also tbh, 98% of the druggies I had contact with at the time weren't the type you can have decent conversations with - just score together, slam that shit in you, then split).

This place has a genuine sense of community that most internet forums lack. There's so much combined life experience here ; and many of us carry a few burdens that are unique to this type of experience, which I think leads to a higher than normal degree of mutual tolerance & understanding.

I look at BL first thing I pick up my phone in the morning and often last thing before going to bed as well. It's almost like casually checking in with some distant relatives I've never met. It makes me feel less stranded in this world.

Oh, and extra super bonus, I made a couple really good friends here, that I'm actually planning to visit in person out here in the real world at the first opportunity. For someone who is very slow to make connections and can count the number of friends on the fingers of one hand, this was extremely unexpected!