• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids How do I make my pain pills the best?

xxsicknessxx

Bluelighter
I get 4 10mg Norcos a day. What I take them for is neuropathy however I just had sugary and so there not doing the trick ATM. Anyways my doctor's told me not to break my pills in half however i used to break them in half and take 5mg every 3 hours. ATM I take 1 pill and it really lasts 4-5 hours... So I wondered because I can't figure it out in my head would it make any sense instead taking 1 10 mg pill every 4-5 hours I take .5 mg every 3 hours....
But in amount of pain medication that's working in my body which way is more effective? Which makes more sense to you my ultimate goal is before my sugary I would manage to save .5, to a whole pill every day ... But my pains pretty high right now so I've been taking the full thing . I dunno just any ideas before I call by pain doctor about this same question. I hate to talk to her about stuff like this because I know in my mind she worry's about me already... She's happy with me but a year ago I brought up upping my pain meds and she really didn't like that. So now I'm scared to talk to her about anything that's not life and death.
Thank you.

My issue is recently I had sugary and I wasn't given extra pills. I didn't even ask. But I wake up at 2am sometimes and if I take a whole pill it lasts 4 hours into i feel like I need another however if I break them in half a half lasts 3 hours or longer. Now I've been trying to make taking a my pills whole work but it doesn't. Today I broke them into halfs and I only took 3 pills. Now maybe I shouldn't save up pills given in a drug addict however I feel better when I have extra pills and I felt more normal today and had a much easier day I seen to use weed more and drink more coffee when I take whole pills. Maybe because I had gastric bypass so the pain medication numbs me too much and I can eat more and drink more and want to use weed more. Maybe I'm reading more into it or maybe my drug addict brain is trying to kill me. I'm not sure. I want to listen to my doctor I really really do. But I work tomorrow and like I dunno I just don't understand how half a pill works like a whole pill except I crave Norco more when I take a whole.

Isn't it almost the same thing as taking 500s if I break my 10mg in half.
I mean I can't get the weaker pills because they contain to much Tylenol. So I'm looking for understanding because I don't understand what's wrong with me. 4 hours and a 10mg pill is half way out of your system. That's the half life. So why do I want to take another at 4 hours so bad. Shouldn't I be ok until 5-6 hours.

I dunno I feel like my minds just weak.
I have terrible time not using weed. I can wait until 2-4 pm easy but going all day bothers me into the next day then I'm good but the first day of not using weed sucks. I don't get why.

I seen to use weed more and drink more coffee when I take whole pills.
I am a true polyaddict, in that the higher I get off 1 drug, the more intense my urge to use all other drugs in my possession (including weed/coffee). I can't stop myself.

I feel better when I have extra pills and I felt more normal
Maybe I'm reading more into it or maybe my drug addict brain is trying to kill me. I'm not sure. I want to listen to my doctor I really really do.
I have terrible time not using weed. I can wait until 2-4 pm easy but going all day bothers me into the next day then I'm good but the first day of not using weed sucks. I don't get why.I have terrible time not using weed.

This is psychological addiction or habituation. Your mind is not weak, you and I just have a certain limitation when we have drugs. I have a constant need to alter my state of mind with chemicals, but there are other ways to satisfy this itch other than drugs.

There is nothing necessarily wrong with you my friend, you just need some healthier ways to occupy your mind/time/energy.

I think everyone here can relate to how easy it is to become 'obsessed' with drugs and what time to use them, a schedule, a habituation.

Maybe it's because I'm stuck doing nothing but watching tv right now. No working out is effecting my mood and my brain I think. Thank you for your points. It really helps. Hopefully when I see my doctor tomorrow he says I can start lifting weights again, I would take anything right now... I can't wait to start working out again and never stop. I'm dead set on on getting in good shape. It's been over a month! Work no work and no lifting weights.

I just had sugary and so there not doing the trick ATM. Anyways my doctor's told me not to break my pills in half however i used to break them in half and take 5mg every 3 hours. ATM I take 1 pill and it really lasts 4-5 hours... So I wondered because I can't figure it out in my head would it make any sense instead taking 1 10 mg pill every 4-5 hours I take .5 mg every 3 hours....
1. What is sugary?

2. If a pill is 10 mg (a Norco) a whole pill vs. 0.5 mg is a big difference. Maybe you ment 5 mg (1/2 a Norco)

Snaffy right on the money as usual, I swear you should consider a drug counselor career, I feel like that would be a perfect fit for you

My issue is recently I had sugary and I wasn't given extra pills. I didn't even ask. But I wake up at 2am sometimes and if I take a whole pill it lasts 4 hours into i feel like I need another however if I break them in half a half lasts 3 hours or longer. Now I've been trying to make taking a my pills whole work but it doesn't. Today I broke them into halfs and I only took 3 pills. Now maybe I shouldn't save up pills given in a drug addict however I feel better when I have extra pills and I felt more normal today and had a much easier day I seen to use weed more and drink more coffee when I take whole pills. Maybe because I had gastric bypass so the pain medication numbs me too much and I can eat more and drink more and want to use weed more. Maybe I'm reading more into it or maybe my drug addict brain is trying to kill me. I'm not sure. I want to listen to my doctor I really really do. But I work tomorrow and like I dunno I just don't understand how half a pill works like a whole pill except I crave Norco more when I take a whole.

Isn't it almost the same thing as taking 500s if I break my 10mg in half.
I mean I can't get the weaker pills because they contain to much Tylenol. So I'm looking for understanding because I don't understand what's wrong with me. 4 hours and a 10mg pill is half way out of your system. That's the half life. So why do I want to take another at 4 hours so bad. Shouldn't I be ok until 5-6 hours.

I have terrible time not using weed. I can wait until 2-4 pm easy but going all day bothers me into the next day then I'm good but the first day of not using weed sucks. I don't get why.
If using them in halves is what works best for you and it covers your pain, what’s the issue? Your doctor tells you not to take half. So what? You’re prescribed 4 per day. How you take those pills is up to you.

Norco doesn’t have a time release. You aren’t defeating some aspect of the meds by splitting them.
1. What is sugary?

2. If a pill is 10 mg (a Norco) a whole pill vs. 0.5 mg is a big difference. Maybe you ment 5 mg (1/2 a Norco)
DBAA dude. You know that they’re saying.

@Snafu in the Void makes some good points. What you probably need to do is make a schedule that works for your pain and stick to it. If you notice that you aren’t getting the right kind of pain coverage at hour 4-5 and you take a whole pill every 6 hours that’s an issue. However, if you are just starting to crave meds at that time maybe reevaluate why you want to take them.

Make a schedule and stick to it. That’s really the best thing.

DBAA dude. You know that they’re saying.
No dude i don't the only thing that i can think of is he or she is a diabetic (sugary) and has a problem with math. 10 mg is a whole pill 0.5 mg a 1/ 2 pill. Seems a bit of agreed.

It should be 5 mg and then the sugary part still coats the cake.

DBAA = Don't Be A Asshole?

No dude i don't the only thing that i can think of is he or she is a diabetic (sugary) and has a problem with math. 10 mg is a whole pill 0.5 mg a 1/ 2 pill. Seems a bit of agreed.

It should be 5 mg and then the sugary part still coats the cake.

DBAA = Don't Be A Asshole?
You would be correct! DBAA = don’t be an asshole. You can look at the rest of the post and know what the person is asking. A spelling and grammar error shouldn’t earn someone a response that is only criticism and zero advice. It’s not breaking the rules, it’s just not very nice. Also, it isn’t really helpful.

Could be about insulin. That did make me smile though. Thank you. You’re funny.

You would be correct! DBAA = don’t be an asshole. You can look at the rest of the post and know what the person is asking. A spelling and grammar error shouldn’t earn someone a response that is only criticism and zero advice. It’s not breaking the rules, it’s just not very nice. Also, it isn’t really helpful.

Could be about insulin. That did make me smile though. Thank you. You’re funny.
Cleared up. I am not funny, although you could perceive it as. But thanks for the compliment. I am rather a bit autistic and not English speaking from birth.

So Sugary is neuropathetic Surgery, not hyperglycemia or diabetes. I am not trying to be an asshole, carrying around one/ and using it every morning is hard enough.
That was a joke.

Sorry what you are going through OP. After looking up Neurophaty i learned how pathetic the medical practice treat it. Start with an SNRI's. Or the more old skool AD's. Maybe add some ant-epileptic's. In the same text they contradict themselves about the place and effectiveness of these drugs in treatment.

They aim on psychological approaches that make no sense, to me. And that is not even about surgery.

For Opoid's seem's to be no role in treatment, like Baclofen and Pregabalin. There effect's are kinda ridiculed, I know they are effective. But I did learn Diabetes Neuropathie does exist. So for all I know the OP ment sugary, and not surgery, after all. No fun intended.

After my last broken bone I was prescribed 84 5 mg Oxycodone tab's. And this an very conservative country. Men even Weed is still illegal for recreational use. Hope you have an understanding dr.

Last edited: