Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

How do I get rid of the hicc upps ?

Hugs For Drugs

Bluelighter
If this is not harm reduction

Then idk what is

I literally have a huge hick up on me right now and the admins decided to lock my thread and prevent other members fr sharing tips

I already tried punching myself in my chest as I hard as I can and I only hurt my self more

I hope admins have a heart and let this thread live

Instead of locking.

If I get banned then this might not be the forum for me since I did a drug and I'm asking for help .

Admins please don't lock this thread if money is what your after, I can send you money in cash app, I just want an answer

Take a glass of water
bend over at the waist
put your mouth on the opposite side of the cup and drink while bent over
tipping the cup up from the bottom forward
take a couple decent swallows
Then stand up

this always works for me

Take a glass of water
bend over at the waist
put your mouth on the opposite side of the cup and drink while bent over
tipping the cup up from the bottom forward
take a couple decent swallows
Then stand up

this always works for me
Holly crap this a actually worked

Admins can lock this thread as much as they want now

My hick ups are GONE 😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎

Edit on post, sorry for lashing out at moderators that was never my intention.

I was just at a public place enjoying some ice cold beer having a good buzz

And I was trying o get rid of the hic upps really bad, they where messing up my vibe.

Heck I even made that post a day before I went out drinking

Carry on guys

The upside-down water thing always works.

For people who struggle to do that, try this:
Swallow a spoonful of sugar. No water, just a heaping teaspoon of dry sugar. It's not easy-- but force yourself to swallow it and your hiccups will disappear.
I guarantee it.

I get hiccups often. What works for me nearly everytime is a spoonful of sugar. No kidding. It's been a pleasant and effective treatment.

I used to get crazy hiccups lasting 24+ hours at a stretch. Nothing worked that well, or at least not consistently. . . but I never did try the sugar trick. I didn't get the hiccups because I was drunk, yet once I stopped drinking heavily everyday, they subsided dramatically.

My strategy for curing a hiccup attack is to take a few deep breaths and then hold my breath as long as I can, until I can't anymore. Sometimes it takes a few tries. But it always cures hiccups for me.

Different people seem to have different strategies. The glass of water thing has never worked for me before. But some people swear by it.

I used to get crazy hiccups lasting 24+ hours at a stretch. Nothing worked that well, or at least not consistently. . . but I never did try the sugar trick. I didn't get the hiccups because I was drunk, yet once I stopped drinking heavily everyday, they subsided dramatically.

Wow, that sounds awful :oops:

My strategy for curing a hiccup attack is to take a few deep breaths and then hold my breath as long as I can, until I can't anymore. Sometimes it takes a few tries. But it always cures hiccups for me.
I'm not the only one, there is sayin in my region that someone is gosipping, talking about you when you have hic upps. haha, maybe we should stop
I remember that when I was taking xanax extended 2mg, was having them, and from alone beers also, or bread...
Just wanted to post that,
Jtemperance-Yeah 24hrs that's like f....now there are plenty of people that have like cronic hic upps
We went to the moon, but hic ups are still debatable mystery
Op how are you?

Wow, that sounds awful :oops:
Yeah, it was unpleasant. Nowadays, my hiccups are less frequent & shorter-lived, but it's still not uncommon for me to have them for 6-8 hours at a stretch.

I've only met one person who had a similar issue – a guy sitting next to me on a plane who was, by his own admission, an alcoholic, but said he had the prolonged hiccups before he began drinking & that his sister also had them.

That was what I always thought about when I had epic hiccup sessions— "What if this never ends . . . ?" It was a little terrifying, honestly.

IIRC, though, I read back then that a big shot of Thorazine is used as a last resort to cure terminal hiccups. So hopefully that's effective, at least, though God knows how it's supposed to achieve it.

Ok thanks for the advice guys, so to put everything in a summary.

Next time I have the hiccups I can drink water upside down, then take a test spoon full of sugar, and hold my breath as long as I can. For it to be most effective?

Is there anything else I can add thanks in advance

Ok thanks for the advice guys, so to put everything in a summary.

Next time I have the hiccups I can drink water upside down, then take a test spoon full of sugar, and hold my breath as long as I can. For it to be most effective?

Is there anything else I can add thanks in advance
you forgot!
Tell people to not talk about you or gossip...

id get drunk hiccups at my bar and best trick was putting bitters on lime and take a bite, hell maybe even just lime/lemon bite

being chased by a chainsaw wielding teenager helped