• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

How do I get back to normal after LSD

Had exactly the same experience as some of you guys: took some acid, then smoked a small joint, and even though I used to be super resistant to weed's effects since I smoked very often, it made me go very deep into some sort of panic attack. At that precise time, I really thought the eery impression it gave me on the world, on my friends and on my own thoughts would never go away. For several weeks after that day, I had some pretty intense anxiety about everything, and that anxiety made me even more anxious about myself. I really thought I'd fked myself up. I kind of spiraled down into an existencial crisis, questioning everything I was, everything I thought, even the very nature of reality.

I stopped smoking weed, took back on swimming, and went to see a therapist to do something about the latent anxietyHe gave me a very light treatment (Amisulpride), and the anxiety kind of went away. . I started meditating (Vipassana). I also experienced what one of you called "spiritual depression". I didn't have much will to live anymore. On my 25th birthday, like 3 months after that event, I was depressed to be "old", like all the good times were past me, as if I'd never go back to my "old, na?ve and careless me". But, slowly, the recurrent questions that kept on nibbling started to fade. It's been something like 8 months since that dreaded day and I'm slowly starting to be better.

I still have some "unfinished business" in my mind, some anxieties I haven't come to term with, but it's getting better. Reading all of this also made me feel better. I hope you heal bro, for your sake and mine.

so antipsychotics are a "light treatment"?

what kind of crap is that. sorry but antipsychotics are not light, they are serious drugs with serious side effects.

and i speak as someone who was prescribed them but didn't take them at that time

Its coming up to the 10 year anniversary of my first (and only) LSD experience. The exact date is 28th April 2008.

I don't think you ever return to 'normal,' you're not the same person you were before that's for sure, and you never will be. Don't resist this idea; accept it. Your life trajectory has been altered and as sure as you were born, you are changing into the person you were always supposed to become. Don't fight it.

Man I took lsd and mushrooms two weeks ago and I haven't been the same, it really has affected my sleeping in a way to where I'm afraid to fall asleep because 2 hours within I'm passed out I wake up in a straight panic with no control of my thoughts, thinking that this was was the end. It honestly still hasn't passed and tonight was the worst of all because it was overwhelming and I couldn't control a thought or why I was thinking the horrible thoughts that wear processing through my mind and it freaked me out. I literally thought I was dying. I happen to mix weed, alcohol and mushrooms with the lsd and now it feels like it was the worst idea ever.
I can't say this will past but I'll tell you what this trend has really helped me get through my episodes and Cudi has helped me substantially with his experience. I feel like I will never be the same I just hope me waking with panic & uncontrollable thoughts of some crazy stuff passes because it's the scariest thing ever I will never do what I did again, it changed my whole perspective and way of living. Wish you luck man, stay strong and always give back.

I hope one of you are still here that went through a similar experience to this guy because i would like to talk about mine as well because Im living this exact story and it's horrible
snapchat - greduin
discord - gσ∂#0420
you can find me on either of these

Anyway,
In life you need the ability to relax in the face of what triggers you,
use what ever is at your disposal to learn how to be deeply calm and aware.

there is no going back, life is ever getting more complex, but your emotional strength and ability to relate to the world and to people (including yourself) is very much tied to your ability to be honest, calm and sensitive.

begin to Practice it asap.

Hey there, welcome. Your symptoms are just exactly like so many have written here about. Basically you're thinking yourself into an anxiety disorder. From your initial post, you're talking about waking yourself up from anxiety, scaring yourself into thinking things are wrong. You're experiencing hypochondria right now. Your worrying is causing chronic anxiety, and anxiety causes all sorts of negative effects both physically and mentally. You gotta just chill. :) Tons of people have done LSD, I've done LSD (and a bunch of other psychedelics) hundreds of times, days in a row, in really high doses... you always come back. Some of my best trips have had periods of time feeling terrified and thinking I would never return to normal. But I always have, and so did you. Right now your brain is focused on "oh no what if I damaged myself" so you're feeling anxiety and discomfort. If you instead focus on "hey that was kinda freaky but I came down, time to move on", you'll be right as rain. You're fine now, the drug has worn off. You never have to do it again if you don't want to. Just focus on your life, do things you enjoy doing, do normal things. LSD ramatically changes the way you think temporarily which is why I love it, but it's not something everyone enjoys. It can make things feel a little strange afterwards but it's all about how you frame the experience. LSD doesn't damage you, it is physically among the safest of all known drugs (safer than tylenol even, physically). You're fine, before long things will seem totally normal again, unless you lose yourself in worry about it. The same is true of anything, some people develop an irrational obsession with the thought of being sick and end up derailing their lives. Some people experience something traumatic and develop anxiety disorders. Whereas some people don't. The mind is a powerful thing, you can create any reality for yourself that you choose. Don't let anxiety take hold.

so antipsychotics are a "light treatment"?

what kind of crap is that. sorry but antipsychotics are not light, they are serious drugs with serious side effects.

and i speak as someone who was prescribed them but didn't take them at that time

Antipsychotics can be a "light treatment" depending on the dose. There is a vast difference between being scripted e.g. 50 mg/day of quetiapine (a light dose of a serotonergic antipsychotic) and >10 mg of haloperidol (a schizophrenia-level dose of a dopamine-blocking antipsychotic).

Amisulpride, for example, preferentially binds to certain dopaminergic autoreceptors (which your synapse uses to check how much dopamine has been released; thus, blocking an autoreceptor will actually cause *more* dopamine to be released), so at carefully titrated doses, it can actually exert an antidepressant rather than merely sedating effect.

The question is; "How do I get back to normal after LSD"

Simply stop taking the substance or any other psychedelic substance. Marijuana is included.

Antipsychotics can be a "light treatment" depending on the dose. There is a vast difference between being scripted e.g. 50 mg/day of quetiapine (a light dose of a serotonergic antipsychotic) and >10 mg of haloperidol (a schizophrenia-level dose of a dopamine-blocking antipsychotic).

Amisulpride, for example, preferentially binds to certain dopaminergic autoreceptors (which your synapse uses to check how much dopamine has been released; thus, blocking an autoreceptor will actually cause *more* dopamine to be released), so at carefully titrated doses, it can actually exert an antidepressant rather than merely sedating effect.

its still not light, you can take less of something or a newer drug but antipsychotics cause atrophy of your brain

also the quetiapine can push you into type 2 diaetes- a serious disease with profound long term problems associated

There really is no going back once taken a psychedelic, really...

It's just if One does stop taking any psychoactive; You will get back to normal.

The psychedelic vs. non-psychedelic world is very different; especially in terms to of mental health.

The very nature of LSD and other psychedelics means that you will never 'get back to normal'. This can either be a good thing, or a bad thing, it all depends upon how you process what you have experienced. You have opened Pandora's box and it will never be closed again

Last Saturday I tried LSD for the first time, and ever since I've been a little off. I've been all over the place mentally and it's kinda starting to get to me.

The first couple hours hours of the trip was hilarious, my friend and I were telling jokes and laughing at everything, as well as walking around his house and recounting all the memories that we've had in the rooms we'd walk into. I should also mention the friend who's idea it had been to do LSD left us after about half an hour of taking it. Once it got to 3 in the morning, we headed upstairs to lay down in separate rooms while my friend played music. I noticed at some point that the music had stopped and my thoughts started to swirl. I was in a dark room and started freaking out, inside my own head, not out loud. I got up, turned the lights on, paced, nothing could help me from thinking that I'd never return to normal. I went to talk to my friend about it but he was alseep and I didn't want to wake him so I kept pacing and freaking myself out. I eventually woke him up and told him I was freaking out and that I felt as if I wouldn't be able to return to normal. He wasn't really much help, so we called my other friend, who told me I'd be fine after we woke up. I've since talked to both of them, one having done it multiple times before this occasion, and the other, whose house I slept over, was his first time using LSD as well. Both of us smoked weed while the trip was happening, if that makes a difference.

Its since been a week and 3 days and I'm still feeling off, scaring myself out of sleeping and into thinking I have all sorts of things wrong, from anxiety to derealization, and it's probably because I've been reading too far into the internet and I'm a natural over thinker so the combination isn't the best. I'm still a little scared, and I'm wondering if I should go see a doctor. I've read stories since the incident of people returning to normal, stating that all I need is to sleep, eat and maybe excercise a little. I'm just afraid that my irrational thinking has led to me creating more problems than I had before. The whole derealization thing has scared the absolute shit out of me and I know I probably don't have it, being that I'm not a doctor and I've been looking things up on the internet, but it's still a scary thought. I also kind of feel like I'm scaring myself into believing some of the things I've read, being an 18 year old over thinker. I've kind of been over analyzing things since that night, and I did it before but I'm more aware of it now. I guess the question is, is letting time build up the chemicals in my brain again the answer, or is there something else.

If anyone has any insight on what to do, or even if you've felt the same way and gotten through it, I would love to hear it because I feel as if I could use it right now. Also, I should add that this is the only time I've ever done acid, and to be quite honest with you, this is most likely the last. Thank you for any help you guys can give me, I really really appreciate it.
You dont ever come back to normal bro, you've opened the third eye

What are you people talking about? This is where the value of the dissociative experience comes into play. Dude's mind is in overdrive beyond his meditative skills, and although the best course of action is to ride it out if life allows it, if he really wants a way out without gathering white coats around him he is in need of disconnecting his mind from the fear that prevents homeostatic reorganization around the central void of the peaceful mind.

If we can't recommend this much, we can't recommend opioids for pain either.