• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc How do I acquire and consume Kratom?

pax-antebellum

Greenlighter
The "hardest" drug I've ever done was marijuana, so I'm kind of a noob. I have to start looking for a job (in the particular sector I'm looking at, recurring drug tests are the norm). I considered trying synthetic marijuana, but I've heard some horror stories. I'm thinking of trying out kratom (as I understand it, it provides a quasi-opiate high). It is legal where I'm at and probably won't show up in a urinalyses. While I understand it's common to orally ingest the powder via a liquid, I am unsure what quantity is needed to effect my mood without giving me a seizure (etc.). I don't have a scale and my guesstimating skills are abysmal. For a first time user, is there a recommended dose? If so, can you put it in relative terms (e.g. half a spoon worth).

My other question pertains to the acquisition of Kratom. There is a popular smoke shop down the road that sells it, but I'm guessing I can probably get a much more potent (and cheaper) powder online. I'm not looking for a specific website to buy from, but I'm just wondering how most of you go about getting it (i.e. online or in person).

For dosage it really depends on what strain you are going to use to determine how much. A red vein bali will probably work best for an opiate-like effect. 3-5 grams would probably be a good start. That's about 1 1/2 tbsp. Look online for quality vendors, im pretty sure sourcing isn't allowed here.

I'm glad you are asking questions pax-antebellum! Without necessarily sourcing, I would suggest you just purchase it online. I have heard nothing but disappointment from people buying in smoke shops.

gsquared81 provided a decent dosage. Maybe try about 3 grams. I think that would be more than reasonable to give you an idea of whether it works for you or not.

Lastly, I really really want to stress that while kratom is indeed legal and will not show up in a urine analysis, it is a completely different beast from marijuana. Please be aware that kratom is indeed an opioid. As such it can and will become a physical dependency if used too often. There will be rough withdrawals once tolerance and abuse has set in that you are not yet familiar with. I speak out of personal experience where I was up to 30+ grams per day after 18 months of dependency.

Anyway, just stay safe!

I'd probably buy it online vs a headshop. But, it just depends on how well you know this particular headshop.

Be aware, like mentioned, that you will build a tolerance, and your body will become dependent upon it IF you take it daily. It's not like good old marijuana. Smoke for years, multiple times a day, and stop cold turkey with little to no noticeable side effects. And at worse, you'd just be a little grumpy and may find it hard to sleep. But when you start playing in the opiate game, you quickly find out it was never a game to begin with. It's just all a trap. Bah, that's not what you asked.

Can we list websites on here? I've used one before that was reliable and has good deals. It's illegal in my state, now, sadly. But if it's not against the rules to give someone a website address for this legal product, and I don't get back soon enough in here, send me a PM for the website, then you can ask others' opinions of it.

If ur in Australia or a few other countries is illegal n hard to obtain

If ur in Australia or a few other countries is illegal n hard to obtain
"It's legal where I'm at"

That's what the op stated in his post verbatim.

Iv had Kratom seized coming from Cuba and it scared the hell outa me. I think it must have been a quarantine issue bcus it was 5 g iirc (I'm from aus).

It sucks because I love it the most outa the opiate class, probably the least self-destructive of them for me aswell.

I just got kratom and tried eating it. Horribly disgusting. Even in yogurt n OJ

It's easiest to drink it in a small amount of water (1 gulp) ;)

To reiterate what others have said: online vendors who specialize in kratom is the way to go. The leaf sold to headshops and legal-high websites are generally bottom-of-the-barrel stale leaf. It will make you sick at best. If you find a vendor or herbalist who exclusively sells kratom it's usually safe to say that they have good stuff since their entire business depends on selling kratom.

I've tinkered with different ROA's and the most convenient & painless way to consume that I've found has been parachuting by taking a single-ply piece of toilet paper and dumping 3-5 grams on it. Proceed to grasp all four corners and gently twist so that you have a ball of kratom contained with the toilet paper. Be cautious not to put too much pressure as to not tear the toilet paper. You then take a swig of a flavored beverage (NON-carbonated!!) and drop the parachute into your mouth and CHUG.

If you get kratom in your lungs or nose YOU WILL REGRET IT. Vomiting kratom is quite possibly the nastiest shit ever plus you'll look like a god damn human lawn mower.

To reiterate what others have said: online vendors who specialize in kratom is the way to go. The leaf sold to headshops and legal-high websites are generally bottom-of-the-barrel stale leaf. It will make you sick at best. If you find a vendor or herbalist who exclusively sells kratom it's usually safe to say that they have good stuff since their entire business depends on selling kratom.

I've tinkered with different ROA's and the most convenient & painless way to consume that I've found has been parachuting by taking a single-ply piece of toilet paper and dumping 3-5 grams on it. Proceed to grasp all four corners and gently twist so that you have a ball of kratom contained with the toilet paper. Be cautious not to put too much pressure as to not tear the toilet paper. You then take a swig of a flavored beverage (NON-carbonated!!) and drop the parachute into your mouth and CHUG.

If you get kratom in your lungs or nose YOU WILL REGRET IT. Vomiting kratom is quite possibly the nastiest shit ever plus you'll look like a god damn human lawn mower.

lol so true. The first time I vomited off kratom was after having a couple ounces of vodka an hour or so after consuming a tablespoon mixed in some V8, that sure was an interesting sight in the toilet.

I mostly use V8 and/or "000" capsules.

Message me with help please guys. I too need to find a reliable vendor... But I can't make a PM from the mobile version of BL for some reason.. However once u msg me I can reply