• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos How can I increase effectiveness of Zopiclone and avoid any tolerance?

WiddlyDee

Greenlighter
Hello Bluelight forums. :)

So I was going through a rough period and got prescribed zopiclone 7.5 mg. Take note that I'm very small (5'3'', 105 lbs) so 7.5 was OK. I decided to take slightly more (I was stressed out) 10 mg at first it KO'd me in 30 minutes, the second time 3 days later (this time 12ish mg, hard to tell since I was biting half tablets) I was on an empty stomach, stayed awake and that's when I noticed the effects. I began having waking dreams and feeling like someone was there, and I felt in such a state of bliss like nothing bothered me anymore. The room seemed to be waving around and all my thoughts were abstract. I felt like I was sliding down a twisted slide and began seeing stuff. The 'presence' I felt was strong. I used to take amitryptiline for pain then found out it worked as a sedative so I requested it again and again, and it didn't give me these effects just made me slightly tired and sleep longer.

I remember my head feeling like it was going to drop off because it was heavy and like my arms weren't even attached to my body. My stress and anxiety were GONE. I felt relaxation for the first time in like forever since I'm always tense and irritable. Didn't mind that I walked like a drunkard.

I haven't taken one since the 24th but I'm wondering if I should go for 15 or 22 mg with no tolerance + empty stomach but I'm scared of becoming tolerant.
One person here said when they became tolerant they didn't get the metallic taste in their mouth anymore. Will taking a big dose (15-22mg+) at once increase or decease the risk of tolerance as opposed to a smaller dose?

Do I sound like I have low or medium natural/base tolerance to these kind of drugs?
I'm only allowed 10 per month, so I don't want to waste these, but I find sleep doesn't 'restore' my mind (depression, I think), I find the stuff that I feel while on these does.

Last edited:
first off, welcome to bluelight!

I haven't taken one since the 24th but I'm wondering if I should go for 15 or 22 mg with no tolerance + empty stomach (plus amitryptiline?) but I'm scared of becoming tolerant.
One person here said when they became tolerant they didn't get the metallic taste in their mouth anymore. Will taking a big dose (15-22mg+) at once increase or decease the risk of tolerance as opposed to a smaller dose?

Do I sound like I have low or medium natural/base tolerance to these kind of drugs?

z-drugs are basically benzos so you're right to not want to become addicted to them - not sure if z-drug wd shares all the characteristics of benzo wd but considering that withdrawing from etizolam was one of the most harrowing experiences of my life if zop shares even vaguely similar then you do not want that shit hahaha.

i get the metallic taste in my mouth bad but not everyone does so i don;t think that can be taken as a definitive indicator for tolerance.
not too sure about the dose question...
i guess that a larger dose in place of many smaller doses would actaully lower the risk of dependence as its the constant re-dosing that gets you addicted, but i;m not sure..

and i guess you've got a medium tolerance? this doesn't sound like your first rodeo hah

the safest, surest way to increase effectiveness and avoid tolerance is to take breaks between dosing, the longer the break the more effective the next dose and lower the risk of addiction.

Last edited:
I haven't taken one since the 24th but I'm wondering if I should go for 15 or 22 mg with no tolerance + empty stomach but I'm scared of becoming tolerant.

I'm only allowed 10 per month, so I don't want to waste these, but I find sleep doesn't 'restore' my mind (depression, I think), I find the stuff that I feel while on these does.

It sounds like you have a pretty normal/average tolerance to these kinds of drugs. I remember when I enjoyed zopiclone I'd normally take 15-30mg (probably more like 30mg...). To be safe I'd suggest you try 15mg before 22.5mg. And I don't believe the metallic taste side effect has anything whatsoever to do with tolerance, as I can remember that being totally hit or miss (it was always an issue when I took it as a teenager, but when I used the medication again in my early 20's, with no tolerance, it never was a problem).

You won't become tolerant from taking a drug two or three times. Tolerance requires sustained, repeated exposure to the substance in order to develop. Taking this stuff every day for three months? You'll become tolerant and experience a withdrawal to some degree. But taking them ten times a month, tolerance will take longer to develop.

Be careful using these kinds of drugs. They can really lower inhibitions and are known for leading to blackout adventures. Have you ever tried something like ketamine? I have a feeling you'd get an even more profound release from depression from ketamine, compared with zopiclone.