• ✍️ WORDS ✍️

Welcome Guest!

• Words Moderators: Mysterier

How can i create a novel without worries of theft?

done juan

Bluelighter
ok im about 3/4 way through a story that i have created. its all saved and backed up etc. the thing is im wanting to hopefully get it published. any ideas of the best/safest way to do this. im not after big money but i dont want to get ripped off either. any advice would be greatly appreciated

It depends where you are located, as I think every country has its own Copyright Institution, but I'm sure there is also an international copyright authority. I know there's the Writer's Guild in the USA where you can find more information.

I heard somewhere that if you mail a copy of the finished version to yourself with using certified mail and keep the envelope unopened it constitutes copyright technically, as the date is postmarked after its sent establishing you as the original owner.

Like a ghetto form of patenting your stuff. I'd look into it further though don't trust my word, it was the vocalist in my former band who mentioned it to me. We're in the States.

yeah ive heard of that method for music too, not sure how it stands legally though.