• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids How badly will I kick? (kratom)

Oh one more thing I never did mention, after the survival of the unfair OxyContin game and I vowed never again I finally found the time release med Morphine and it’s been a god send so far. Again it’s the pill form and it’s tome release.

Glad you got out of oxycodone use. The morphine tablets tend to be less euphoric and less prone to abuse because of the time release mechanism (unless you plug them lol), but many have said that they are the best for dulling pain. I've used opiates only to get high and I have had those before and found them to be underwhelming for abuse. Just be careful if you come off morphine one day because the withdrawals are longer lasting and a little bit more dangerous in terms of dehydration for some reason. Cold turkeying off morphine seems to cause way more dehydration than shorter term opiods.

The physical changes from longer term use cannot distinguish the difference from someone who uses them recreationally or for pain release. The consequences and brain chemistry changes are still the same. Good luck!

Glad you got out of oxycodone use. The morphine tablets tend to be less euphoric and less prone to abuse because of the time release mechanism (unless you plug them lol), but many have said that they are the best for dulling pain. I've used opiates only to get high and I have had those before and found them to be underwhelming for abuse. Just be careful if you come off morphine one day because the withdrawals are longer lasting and a little bit more dangerous in terms of dehydration for some reason. Cold turkeying off morphine seems to cause way more dehydration than shorter term opiods.

The physical changes from longer term use cannot distinguish the difference from someone who uses them recreationally or for pain release. The consequences and brain chemistry changes are still the same. Good luck!
Thank you for the info. Have a good day!!

This section really should have a sticky with the proper explanation of loperamide use for any type of opiate wd's. As soon as you start to w/d badly, you swallow a box of these and in less then an half-hour your body will be reset. No more W/d, no more addiction.

aeon, perhaps you should read some of the lope horror story threads on here before you suggest that. search for the lope diaries by user skodeo. not only does lope not work for everyone, but the dose needed to curb most peoples WD is extremely unhealthy and often causes dangerous cardio issues... and there are plenty of people who have gone through the long and painful process of lope WD

This section really should have a sticky with the proper explanation of loperamide use for any type of opiate wd's. As soon as you start to w/d badly, you swallow a box of these and in less then an half-hour your body will be reset. No more W/d, no more addiction.

If only this were true (ie, it's not).

I'm sorry. I was adviced this by someone, after going through heroin withdrawl for two weeks after using exactly 100gr by myself over a few months time I estimate and as soon as I tried it I was cured. I took 10 2mg melt tablets and within 20 minutes I was no longer sick. It is sad to hear that it doesn't work for everyone according to you...Different brains don't work alike neccesarilly, I guess.

I'm sorry. I was adviced this by someone, after going through heroin withdrawl for two weeks after using exactly 100gr by myself over a few months time I estimate and as soon as I tried it I was cured. I took 10 2mg melt tablets and within 20 minutes I was no longer sick. It is sad to hear that it doesn't work for everyone according to you...Different brains don't work alike neccesarilly, I guess.

It will definitely alleviate some withdrawal symptoms, but "no more w/d, no more addiction" is a strong statement.

Like I said, it worked for me like a charm. A light dose of certain opiates can stop the w/d easily (but only for some peope?) It is the same technique with transtec bandaids, i used these for three days and these contain a microgram dosage of buprenorphine with a slow release. And I would be completely of the dope again without any problems. I cannot even imagine how people would have w/d of weak stuff like kratom (which isn't even an opiate?) or loperamide (ffs how many boxes did you eat?).
I guess everyone reacts different to certain substances.

Kratom is a short to intermediate acting partial agonist, which makes it an attractive candidate to withdraw from. It's complex pharmacology does however reduce this attractiveness, since you are withdrawing from its multiple mechanisms of action.
The above is sooooo fu**ing true.
Tomorrow I get back on my kratom after 3 days off (my first break in about two years).
Grabbed some oxy (for the pain) and use alp for general ugliness (<--- haha) and I cannot wait to dose in the AM.
Not only does the oxy seem inefficient for the pain but it seems edgy... no like.
The alprazolam even seems "fake" without the krat... IDK: Maybe it's all in my head.
It took 30 mg oxycodone minimum a day to keep the pain at bay enough to function (basically no tolerance as I seldom splurge). My base before the break was maybe 8 grams total of krat a day... but as inferred above; there is more than pain killing going on with kratom... more than I knew.
Kratom can and does replace my meds very effectively... and more. May not get "high" but damn if it isn't more efficient, IMO.
Hope it isn't scheduled in the US....

The above is sooooo fu**ing true.
Tomorrow I get back on my kratom after 3 days off (my first break in about two years).
Grabbed some oxy (for the pain) and use alp for general ugliness (<--- haha) and I cannot wait to dose in the AM.
Not only does the oxy seem inefficient for the pain but it seems edgy... no like.
The alprazolam even seems "fake" without the krat... IDK: Maybe it's all in my head.
It took 30 mg oxycodone minimum a day to keep the pain at bay enough to function (basically no tolerance as I seldom splurge). My base before the break was maybe 8 grams total of krat a day... but as inferred above; there is more than pain killing going on with kratom... more than I knew.
Kratom can and does replace my meds very effectively... and more. May not get "high" but damn if it isn't more efficient, IMO.
Hope it isn't scheduled in the US....

Today is day 4 for me after cold turkey quiting a short lived 3 weeks of ~35g a day of red veined kratom (i foolishly blew threw 10g of tianeptine sodium in a week and used the kratom for landing gear -- i used the kratom for longer than necessary as the timing didn't fit my schedule). Today in feelinh better, but during evening #2 the RLS was bad enough to necessitate benzos (which i avoid due to a previous benzo habit). It was worse than i thought but not unbearable.

* then again, if i had to resort to benzodiazepines (which causes a surprisingly unpleasant rebound for me even at a single dose) then technically it was unbearable. Provided you don't have a medically warranted reason for taking, I'd recommend quiting if I were you as the withdrawal from that dose wouldn't be too bad. For whatever reason (perhaps that 10g of tianeptine) i felt like 6g would only hold me over for 4 hours or so, then withdrawal would start. (Strangely I feel like kratom can precipitate withdrawal from itself somehow, meaning an initial dose would make withdrawal worse before eventually making it better.) I used to have an insane opioid addiction so perhaps my receptors are shot. By tomorrow i expect to be 85%.

Last edited:
That is the exact question to ask yourself i agree with that!

Asking the right question and being honest with yourself is the first step to recovery.
After so many fail your ego get used to being a loser and it never the right time to make the right decision.

At some point i just see myself as a junky and i know i can't handle to use a product just Once! So to get my mind to look in an other direction i am just looking for an other addiction cheaper and better for me. The last time i quit, i turned to a long lasting opioid (tramadol) i did not know about Kratom) and i started pushing myself to the gym.

3 month later i stopped Tramadol quite easily and i was addicted to the Gym, all my friend was saying "It too much you are getting to big blablabla" but it was my way of getting hight and it was making me tired so i was sleeping like a baby.

Clean-up your mind and see what option you have..

I too am addicted to the gym and working out now. I look forward to it like I used to look forward to my first drink of the day, after work. It's like there is no moderation with me. It's all or nothing. Had my shirt off last week on a hot day and my wife wanted to take pictures and post it on Facebook. Ha. I said no way. Ha. But I DO look OK for a guy in his 50's. I can stand next to the neighbors 20's year old sons and hold my own.
I do Kratom though. I'm glad it's still legal. If it becomes scheduled, I don't know what I'd do.
I sure as hell won't be risk getting arrested for it.
Probably would just go to harder stuff. Or start drinking again. Unfortunately.
Hope the government understands this as I'm not alone feeling this way.
I've kicked Kratom and it's definitely bearable to quit.

Thanks for the support and I'm glad that my withdrawals will not be as bad (planning to get completely off it in a couple of days). The thing that's not often talked about is how much opiates even benign ones like kratom benefit our lives. Most opiate addicts struggle with chronic pain, depression, or anxiety. The hardest part is adjusting back to the way life used to be. I'll post in a little bit after I'm totally off everything.

I have struggled with adderall addiction--strangely it is the only other substance I have found to be addicting. As well as oxy but that is well in the past at this time. Anything that beats depression and gives me confidence has been addictive in my experience. However adderall compared to the consequences of opiate addiction is not even comparable imo.
So you have/take adderall? In a sense that is meth.. I was a relatively big heroin junkie and would use meth the first 3-4days of WD and the rapid metabolism & thought process worked wonders for me. The amount Iwas using i shoulda been throwing up and cold chills.. but all I had was a little back sweat and as long as I had something to keep my mind busy I was good to go... be careful tho cause meth is the heroin of stims. Also curious if you have a dr that can prescribe you suboxone or subutex cause this time around that is the path i took and while yes it may be an opiate it doesnt cost me anything and i dont have the desire to abuse them and ihave a life now.. but if u wanna get off it all man...you gonna have to accept theres gonna be depression and PAWS will hit like clockwork...and if the depression is what takes you out... go to dr and get a script for anti-depressants.
Best of luck from Humboldt Co, California