• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants How bad for your liver is Adrafinil?

Mycophile

Bluelighter
I'm thinking of attempting to quit caffeine for the nth time because it gives me anxiety. However, I don't want to quit alcohol, even though I don't drink more than once a week max, and I'd want something to help me wake up when I have hangovers, or even just an occasional wakefulness aid in the event that I am able to get off caffeine and don't want to get addicted again and just need that extra boost for work or to be productive.

I only tried Adrafinil once, and I don't remember loving it, but I was on caffeine at the time. By itself I'd imagine it would not cause anxiety, so I was thinking of trying it again.

However, I hear it can be hard on the liver because it makes your liver produce Modafinil. So the question is: how bad really is it for your liver? Lets say you had a heavy night of drinking, which is already bad for the liver, and you used Adrafinil to wake up the next day. Are you basically asking for liver damage, or would you most likely be ok to do this once a week or less?

And is Modafanil safer than Adrafinil? From what I read it might be. My psychiatrist actually DID seem to be open to prescribing Modafinil, but I can't be sure he would, and I might want some Adrafinil in the meantime. I would think if I could convince him that in the long term that would be better??

I just read that Adrafinil should not be taken more than 3 days a week, so yeah, obviously not a daily thing.

And are Adrafinil or Modafanil physically addictive/can they cause withdrawal effects?

Thanks

Adrafinil - I'm not really familiar with this substance so can't exactly answer your question, but maybe this info in the link above is useful?

That does help a bit, even though I knew some of that. Seems it CAN stress the liver if taken too much, but I knew that. I still don't know HOW MUCH it really does stress the liver. I'd like more anecdotal reports from users.

Also, it says it can last up to 12 hours. For people who have taken either Adrafinil or Modafinil, do you find it hard to fall asleep at night even if you take it early? If so, I'd be much less interested.

Taken early enough, both modafinil and adrafinil shouldn't impact sleep. I think I've taken 900mg of adrafinil midday and slept fine.

I think if you're taking it once or twice a week you won't really have much to worry about, assuming you're medically fit and well.

I also think that if caffeine gives you anxiety there's a good chance adrafinal might too. But maybe not. See how you go, dose sensibly and adjust depending on how you feel.

It is a good drug imho and definitely less anxiogenic than amphetamine etc and as negrogesic says if you take it lunchtime you'll sleep fine.

Do let us know how you get on.

In my personal experience with fluorafanil and modafinil, I haven't been able to focus on them like I with amps, and I get allergic skin reactions. I've used up to 700mg modafinil in a day before and I definitely had some effects indicating liver strain, less so with fluoro. Just my 2 pesos.

That’s the question a lot of people have about it, but there’s no real clear answer. I’ve went down this rabbit hole before on the net and the conclusion I came up with which is entirely an opinion is that it’s probably as dangerous as taking Tylenol in regards to your liver.

That’s just an opinion. I have seen some redditors post some images of their liver function tests and they were not elevated after using daily for multiple months, but mind you everyone is different.

It’s not that costly have liver function labs done. You could always get a baseline and then check them again in a month after using it.

If you only want to take it once or twice a week I highly doubt you will have an issue.

Usually these kind of things take time to start causing problems and regular use….usually.

Again, all just my opinion.