• 🇺🇸󠁿 🇧🇷 🇨🇦 🇦🇷 🇲🇽 🇹🇹 🇨🇺
    The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

how and who we boot with and habits

I truly never understood this one. How can there be anything left once the plunger is completely despressed? I'm not calling you out man cause trust me I've done stupid shit myself, but I really just don't understand the thought process. The plunger is at zero units and that's it; where is the hidden substance that registering blood again is going to allow access to? I saw them do that in "Reindeerspotting" and I've seen people do it in real life. I can understand cotton shots because of the chance that there actually could be a small amount of substance left if you don't suck them dry and I myself have gotten some insane rushes from (stupidly) doing coke cottons.

Prolly because there's still something left in the needle and the bigger the needle the more left behind.When I did/do it I always draw back 10 or 20 units after the initial shot to get it all because I don't like using too much water in my shot(30 units).This makes the shot more concentrated than if you used more water so theoretically the leftover in the needle can still have dope in it.Next time you finish a shot and before you rinse it pull in some air and plunge that onto a tissue and see how much blood come squirting out. There's also a long held myth among some coke shooters that mixing the blood with the coke in the syringe makes for a better bioavailability.I seen people make up a 30 unit coke shot and when it registers they draw back and practically fill the syringe with the mix,wait a couple seconds and then hit the plunger.Then they'll draw some more blood out and reboot that.They claimed it made a better shot but even for me,it was gross just watching it.

I hate using the word "boot" to refer to shooting drugs, I don't know why...it seems more like the word that people who don't shoot use to describe it....It's a pet-peeve....anyway..carry on!

I hate using the word "boot" to refer to shooting drugs, I don't know why...it seems more like the word that people who don't shoot use to describe it....It's a pet-peeve....anyway..carry on!

I hate the word "geeze" to describe hitting up...and "slamming"......to tell you the truth I dislike "hitting up" too, but "shooting drugs" sounds kinda narc-ish to me.

I call it "Shoot" or "Shots"

'Boot' is something I'd expect a brit to say.

I have one good friend who uses that works full time, would never rip someone off, so is basically the same as before he got into dope. I think that this may partially be because like me, his addiction was very gradual which allowed for us to adjust to functioning in society with a habit. I have one other friend that uses that I can trust and he looks out for me, but he's been on this current dope run for at least 3 years now (daily heroin use with no breaks other than a few days of methadone / xanax instead of dope), so although he's chill and we can hang out and do normal stuff sometimes, he has some people that he's dicked over during these runs (not so much anymore) and I don't see him quitting shooting dope in the foreseeable future.

Anyway he's got the best connects so me and my first friend I mentioned will cop through the second one mentioned whenever we are sick of our own connects and are willing to spend a bit more to get from the other friend who usually makes daily runs for other people to help support his own habit, and he usually charges a 2 bag tax which isn't all that bad considering it's the best stuff around (its pretty much twice as good as other bags when you take into account that the bags are fatter and more pure) so it pays for itself.

Those 2 people and a few dealers are the only people that I associate with in 'the game' since I mostly chill with people that don't use so they don't know that I do. The first friend I mentioned has dealt with some shady characters that he had met in rehab and they were taking advantage of him until he finally cut them off since I gave him my connects. When I was in his car he showed me these bottles of lemon juice that one of the young scumbags that were middlemanning him were using to break down crack for IVing, and when I told him how dangerous it was and to warn the kid he said there's no getting through to him and he will be dead soon anyways so he won't bother with lecturing the kid.

I find that it's these younger punks that try middlemanning everyone that are the ones with horrible IV technique and who become shadows of their old selves. Yes we deal with our one friend that middlemans some people still, but hes got the flat rate of a 2 bag tax when he makes a run for you, and it's worth it since as I mentioned it's really good so pays for itself, and also because he goes to a really shitty part of Queens to get it (I got arrested there for being white) so there is a lot of risk involved.

I think that 2 bags is a fair tax (as long as you are getting 4+ bags, and if you are only getting 1 bag then he will just tax you 1 but he will only get that for you if he's already making a run for other people) and that's probably what keeps people dealing with him since he's not too greedy and the stuff is always top quality so even if you have your own connects like I do it's still worth it to go through him especially for bigger purchases.

I truly never understood this one. How can there be anything left once the plunger is completely despressed? I'm not calling you out man cause trust me I've done stupid shit myself, but I really just don't understand the thought process. The plunger is at zero units and that's it; where is the hidden substance that registering blood again is going to allow access to? I saw them do that in "Reindeerspotting" and I've seen people do it in real life. I can understand cotton shots because of the chance that there actually could be a small amount of substance left if you don't suck them dry and I myself have gotten some insane rushes from (stupidly) doing coke cottons.

For me personally, I've always flushed the shot out of mental cravings to get every tiny microgram into my vein, I've mostly stopped doing this by now and really, flushing doesn't do shit except for help with my needle fixation.

^^I sometimes do it just a tiny bit to make sure I didn't miss even though it's too late at that point. It's just an OCD thing I do but not all the time.

The word Boot or booting is an older term along with bangin,slamming,whacking etc. Fix and fixing-up is a term made popular by the anti-drug crowd and mostly in movies. In over 25 years of junkie life I have never used or known anyone to use the word fix. The word has become popular as of late by kids who watched too much television.

Never met anyone who says "fix" either.
I'm either alone or with my girl 98% of the time. Every now and then I'll have a buddy around to get high with which is cool. The other day I was with a coworker who's never shot up but is on subs for opiate addiction and I just said fuck it and did a shot in front of him. I think it freaked him out a bit and may not have been the best idea but I also doubt he'll ever say anything, he knows there would be consequences haha

Yea i guess people have their terms, it just seems like something someone who is new to drugs would say, i mostly hear banging, or just straight shooting, they dont care enough to be more desecrete about it.

Its more of a fixation for me and everyone i know that does it, i know a bunch of people who do that only one thinks it makes a difference in how high hell get, me i just like doin it an theres like such a small amount that doesnt matter though between the tip of the needle an the bottom of the inside, like if you draw up water afterwards you see blood, that was a dot left i guess

I have a friend that changed alot an doesnt even know how to do it right, he says his veins are sooo fucked up like crazy an he was only shooting for a month, meanwhile my friend whos been shooting for 4 years uses the same veins over and over. So one day i wanted to see him do it an see how he gets it ready, we both started at the same time, i was done in a minute an a half shooting the whole thing an getting it all ready, he didnt finish for another 45 mins, he didnt hold it right or pull back right or even put it in in the right angle, he went straight down. I couldnt believe how uninformed he was on how to do drugs, and wouldnt take tips, ive been doing it longer than him but hes been doin opiates longer than me. His veins look so easy to hit hes just so stupid, hell do a whole bun but do one after another an use a new rig each time an say there dull from usin it twice, talk about a waste of a rush an good rigs that can be used again atleast once if not way more lol

I started carrying around a small quantity of bleach with me wherever I went. Taking dope any way other than through the needle was not an option at that time. I've grown up ever so slightly since those days.

The word Boot or booting is an older term along with bangin,slamming,whacking etc. Fix and fixing-up is a term made popular by the anti-drug crowd and mostly in movies. In over 25 years of junkie life I have never used or known anyone to use the word fix. The word has become popular as of late by kids who watched too much television.

Hahaha!...
Been sayin all of the above plus "fixin some shit" since the mid 90's when my IV use began. I'm in my mid 30's now.