News House passes landmark marijuana legalization bill

thegreenhand

Administrator
Staff member

House passes landmark marijuana legalization bill​

Rebecca Shabad
CNBC
1 Apr 2022

The House passed legislation Friday that would legalize marijuana nationwide, eliminating criminal penalties for anyone who manufactures, distributes or possesses the substance.

Lawmakers approved the measure in a 220-204 vote.

The legislation, dubbed the Marijuana Opportunity Reinvestment and Expungement Act, passed in the House last year, but did not move forward in the Senate. In addition to decriminalizing marijuana at the federal level, the bill would establish procedures for expunging previous convictions from people’s records and impose a tax on the sale of cannabis products.

Full article here.

see the full text of the bill here

if it passes the senate i honestly doubt biden would veto. but that's a big "if"...

Yeah...in many U.S. states obvious have strong tendencies to decriminalised or legalazide soft drugs.-mj,kratom even mushrooms in Oregone,if I am not wrong.Right decision for me.....like the outsider,who lives in other continent...so your situation(U.S.&Canada) are quite interesting for me.Like I know theres always been strong contradictions in american society...civil war,mexican war,earlier conflicts with the native tribes.This kind is unique,cause in fact is an experiment..A lot of people find this soft drugs very helpful,it becomes legal industry,which generate money,taxes...but it comes from ordinary humans gwt together in groups and organizations....just some thoughts..nice day bluelighters ...

Sooo..Soon... what happens to all the "felons" in the U.S. who are/have been serving sentences that equal DECADES in prison~ for being in possession of / Sales of weed? What about them?

I like it, just removing the thing from the schedules entirely, leaving it to the states to decide the regulation.