• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Hot flashes

Ih8mylife

Greenlighter
Hello friends. First I want to say I'm still doing good. December 22nd will mark month 3 clean. No methadone or subs.
But I still have friends who use and some who think they are ready to quit. Looking back, besides sleep, my worst symptom of wd would be sweating and hot flashes. I see remedies for a lot of symptoms, how do people in withdrawal deal with hot flashes? I rode thru them at a detox center and had 'comfort Meds" but I'm curious about this.

While I was at the detox center I road it all out with only comfort Meds no partial opiates or anything like it, I think the fact that I absolutely could not get drugs there took some of the edge off, as I remember not being as hot as previous withdrawals.

Just curious!thanks

I have no idea if WD hot flashes are the same as menopausal hot flashes but if they are you have my sympathy--they suck.;)

I wish I had some good advice for you but basically I've just learned to live with them and they have been going on for years now with no end in sight.

My worst symptom is RLS, but the hot flashes and cold sweats are a damn close second.

Hot, teaming hot, as hot as you can stand, baths really helped both for me as the bath soothes the body and then getting out cools it off.

I dunno, it may feel like the last thing you want to do, but it has helped me.

That RLS THO.

A beta-blocker may help with the hot flashes though I am not 100% certain. I am not an expert but I think it may be hormone related and you will probably have them until your hormones stabilize :/

Clonidine is the classic medication used to treat this kind of symptom. Generally one experiences something akin to what women experience during menopausal hot flashes during opioid withdrawal. Clonidine does wonders for treating that symptoms of opioid withdrawal.

I tell myself they are brief little flashes from my youth growing up in the tropics.=D