• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Hospital Case

Oi!Punk

Greenlighter
So I broke my jaw in a fight getting smashed with a steel cap on 10 months ago. The way the break was , to the lower right jaw, offered the option of mouth wiring for 6 months or surgery severing a nerve and implacing metal plates & screws for life. I chose that as I wasn't fond of drinking liquor and beer through straws and not being able to talk.
May have been the wrong choice. After the surgery I developed permanent neuropathy across my chin. Had to get my remaining molars ripped out. Then the problems. Irritation, pain swelling in the cold and when bumped hit or slept on.
Yesterday morning I woke up and it was swollen and very painful gradually getting worse throughout the day. I came to the er where it continued and continued to balloon painful like an abscess in a bad spot.
Cat scan blood work, turned out to be an infection around the broken bone/ metal.
Admitted for Iv antibiotics, pain management and possible removal or metal.
Anyway I'm getting my normal meds, phenobarbital, klonopin& inderol . As well as 1mg Iv Hydromorphone every 2 hours with a powerful NSAID(which does more for the pain than the narcs I've tried-not that I tell them all that-. Was on fentanyl Iv the first half day which obviously worked its 1 hour wonder, had to play their morphine game before kicking that shit to the trench. Now it's the Hydromorphone, a steroid and some antipsychotic for whatever reason.

Just curious , was I wrong to expect 1mg Iv every 2 hours to synergies with my klonopin and phenobarbital and keep me decently buzzed as I have no current opiate tolerance.
Man I fucking love that full body warmth after a shot though. Would love to do an 8mg bang. There I can see potential, 4-8.
Oh well I definitely ain't feeling too bad and do got a bit of euphoria.
Oh yeah and obviously the reason I'm here FUCKING IV ABIOTX. who knows how be long I'll be stuck in this hole. At least I got my evape.

That's the probably unneeded story.
Now the question.
Would you expect an opiate high from this combo without an opiate tolerance and what is a sufficient euphoric Iv dose

Added 10 mg hydrocodone to the hyrdromorphone which works a bit better. When I get transferred to my original hospital in 2 days for operation my operating doc will treat me right I'm hoping as he did before.
Who am I kidding, I'm lusting a bundle of fentanyl cut heroin & when yet at that point the only way a hospital will suffice is if you break yet fuckin back.
It is nice to get yer thoughts together and write, research in a mist at the hospital though. Maybe I'll bite my big toe off and eat it as I'm still on a shit soft diet for some dose uppage...and a trip to the asylum.
Question : on higher IV doses of Hydromorphone how intense does that initial bang/ warmth / euph get. I suppose all the way to the grave. Time for 80mg saved hydrocodone and a 2 mg shot of Hydromorphone with my Kpins, pheno and inderol. To the original nightmare on fucking elm st! Oh yeah, and some saved up jello. Fuck a big toe sounds good.

Hahaha, cheers to addicts in hospital! When I was in hospital last 3 years ago I would save up my 10mg Oxycodone every 4 hours til I had 6 to 8 then chomp with my hydromorph IV hit...yeah if you were to get a 4mg rip you'd be rushin proper, it also has to do with how slow or how fast the Nurse pushes the dilaudid into you...some nurses just fucking turtle that shit in, 1 mg over a 40 second push and you aren't feeling much, but even 2 to 3 mg some nurses just bang down the plunger and wham bam thank ya ma'am! Hey bro, might as well a make the most of your hospital vacation while ya can! You are safe as hell there! EZ bro!

Dude when you said "because you don't want to drink beer threw a straw" was that seriously a major reason you based your choice on???

TBH, if I was your doctor and it looked like you where just trying to get buzzed I'd be kinda annoyed. I don't have a problem with using drugs recreationally but it sounds like focusing on the short term buzz instead of just pain relief. And I think what kind of treatment you get now can have permanent effects beyond a few hours opiate buzz and the doctors likely have too many patients and if they think your just trying to get hydromorphone they'll prob just give you a small dose and focus on someone else. And,I think what you really should be riding them on is that your infection is going away and that you are serious about repairing your jaw.