• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Horrible panic attacks and anxiety that won't go away what can I do?

It could be a combination of all of those, plus your diet.

I can't tell whether it will or will not happen again, but you need to take it easy with that. How often do you smoke?

Drewg - the only person who can accurately anwer that question is a Doctor who is number one, qualified and number two, has access to your medical records. Please consult a medical professional. :\

Quit weed, throw it away.
Its no good for you and you will now have to accept the fact that you can't smoke anymore ever.

In 2008, I was smoking weed everyday and one day got weird feelings and real anxious and kept trying to smoke for a week cos it was normal for me to smoke everyday, but they kept coming. So I manned up and quit and most of my friends thought I was a freak and I said "wait til it happens to you" and it has to 3 of them.

If you dont smoke from now and then in 2 months try to again, you will fuck your self up, I did it because it was hard to just throw away weed like that cos it is awesome haha.
But I had a major panic attack, called an ambulance and my heart rate was at 170bpm and they didnt believe I had only smoked some weed and was in hospital for the night.
Tried again 2 months later, same thing happend and was in the hospital, so after that I just accepted that I couldn't smoke.

It left me with anxiety everyday and a panic disorder triggered by certain things and the fact that i'm a hypochondriac made it worse so i've been to the hospital plenty of times thinking I was having a heart attack or something.

panic attacks came every night at some stages triggered by different things like I had lost contact with a girlfriend and I saw her again and it was fucked up and then every night for a month between 1am-5am the panic attack would start and then calm down and just be full blown anxious for the remaning 4 hours and my routine was Bath > Adam sandler marathon and always had a friend with me, I couldn't eat or smoke ciggaretes in that time frame either.

they went away and only came every few months and then i witness my dad collapse and pass away from blood clots in his lungs and that sent me off the rails, being a hypochondriac i thought i would get DVT/Blood clots aswell and anxiety shot through the roof and panic attacks everyday again.

And it was the first time i went to a doctor, all he did was like YUP YUP, HERES 50 VALIUM TABLETS.
which didnt really work for me and i didnt even want to be on benzos, so I saw another doctor who really listened and helped me, sent me to counseling which taught me to control my panic attacks and anxiety better, he gave me 10 xanax's that i still have today which are for like a break-glass incase of an emergency type thing.

But also put me on propranolol which is a beta-blocker which they are used for blood pressure amongst a huge list of other things.
but this type is used for anxiety and panic attacks (propranolol).

it basically stops the physical effects of anxiety so you wont feel these oh im having a heart attack feelings and such and it slows your heart down and you take it everyday.
you won't even know your taking it either because there isn't any side-effects on the mind/drowsiness or anything.

and its fucking excellent, i was on it for a few months and just simply ran out of them 100 pills and havent went back to get a second prescription because i simply don't need it and its been 7 months since I was on them.

So head down that road mate and you should be fine.
I dont suggest the benzo road because they are not good for you at all, in my opinion people with this certain anxiety (health, fear of death, panic) don't need benzos and they only take them to get munched off there face and are in denial when there are alot better options.

But I cant say for other anxiety's because I haven't experienced them.

Good Luck.

Werts :)

and now i feel like a complete fuckwit for writing something that long and noticing that now that someone had only dug this thread up and the OP is probably fine these days..

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't feel like an idiot - someone will find our advice useful in the future, and even now I'm sure. :)

don't smoke weed or crack (especially weed, probably worse for anxiety than crack) work out every day. i lift weights 3-4 times a week, play basketball almost every day and walk a couple miles a day and it helps with anxiety. i smoke weed and if i do it any time other than late at night at home by myself i get social anxiety problems. i need to quit weed myself. also doing downers contributes to anxiety, they provide quick relief but it bounces back stronger assuming you're doing them more than once a week or so.

I take lorazepam and although I know everyone is against it, I have no more anxiety, this is coming from a guy who had nothing but anxiety. I also take a TCA and a SSRI, so who knows? Just hang in there and figure it out yo!

The best thing you can do is increase your exercise, as well as eat healthier.

I believe the diet is the key to reducing my anxiety. Especially reducing my caffeine.

I'm a firm believer in green tea abstract and guarana, so I take a mood and energy supplement snip.

Last edited by a moderator:
If your problem started with MDMA, it's a good idea for your solution-seeking to start with piracetam and choline. They're not much for ordinary depression or anxiety, but they can work wonders for MDMA-induced problems as well as restoring the "magic".

Melatonin is underrated as a sleep aid. It won't knock you out, but you don't develop a huge tolerance in a month the way you do with benzos.

SMoke more Indica strains (smells dank not fruity).

Google "Pranayama."

Nuff said.

The anxiety is a common side effect - although after one days non smoking is unusual.

i think everyone gets to a point where doing drugs just don't work anymore. If your one of those people maybe its time to think of quitting. Someone put it to me this way. Everyone gets a certain amount of drugs in there life time, some of us use up all those drugs in a short amount of time and once your out you don't get anymore..

What im saying is, you used enjoy them you clearly don't anymore if you quit all drugs you will get back to normal sooner or later so why don't you try that.

No more weed. Just remember that any time in the future you might feel the same way again if you use again, so maybe its better feeling normal. ""?

I suggest giving Recovery International a chance. It really helps a lot of people, and although it is a bit 'cult-like' it's better than a lot of the alternatives. Here is the website for it, and you can find meeting in your area through the website.

I only recently went to a meeting, and I found that a lot of what they practice is what I have been practicing and has helped me. If I continue to go I might start a thread on it, or if anyone else is a member they may want to start one.