• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Horrible mindset when in withdrawal

Hezman94

Bluelighter
Hi How can i stop being so lazy not wanting to brush my teeth just lie down and wish i had some pills.
I go on a oxy binge couple times a month and I get them prescribed and take 15mg 4 times a day.
But after the binges its not enough until about a week I cant keep doing ut but just recently
I feel depressed, dead, pissed off I have to fuck around cutting oxycontin up.
How can I get to where I just swallow the tablet no crushing, cos I wouldnt be going cold turkey..
The high lasts about 2-3hours so not worth it plus itdoes help my pain and fatique but would like to go on a different opiate from the pain clinic like tapentadol
or low dose methadone.
Also the extended pills when I was stable only lasted like 9hours doctors dont believe me!!
Deffo need to get pain clinic sorted but what do I do till then
How many days will it take me to get used to 60mg if i stick at it.
Should I buy some codeine to CWE just to add a bit extra first couple days or would it be worthless.
Ive got cbd oil and cbd concentrate they may help.

Also I cant take l tyrosine it makes me anxious even low doses, I have no energy, coffee makes me anxious even tea does I just dont wanna drink owt and sit there thinking best ways to die.

I have enough money to go sustain a heroin habit but i choose not too, so surelty I dont need to be on a methadone addiction script??
even tho I am addictedto oxycodone theres no way I get more than 60mg a day more than 5times.
But I noicce after the binge my mood is horrible aswell.
I just feel sorry for myself cos I got bipolar and locked myself away fucked my teeth up from really bad hygeine and tablets.

I want to quit all drugs mainly cannabis and opiates. I dont think diazepam is that great either, Pregabalin helps.

kratom before it is demonized and made public enemy number one. I dislike coffee or tea (unless on benzo) but kratom is different.
Worked for me and many others for the same and worse. Gotta be in that zone of really wanting that change more than anything and be willing to be patient until you figure out other shit to do.
Peace and best to ya

kratom before it is demonized and made public enemy number one. I dislike coffee or tea (unless on benzo) but kratom is different.
Worked for me and many others for the same and worse. Gotta be in that zone of really wanting that change more than anything and be willing to be patient until you figure out other shit to do.
Peace and best to ya

When you say it helps though, what's your opinion on the school of thought that it only helps because it's working as an opioid agonist and only helps because it is stimulating the same receptors as the drug you are withdrawing from did? Of course its far less dangerous than heroin or oxycontin, but can't really be classed as a drug to aid withdrawls any more than a traditional substitute such as methadone or suboxone can.

I must stress that I'm NOT looking for an argument or trying to bad mouth kratom, just wondering what your thoughts were as someone using kratom to treat/help with their opiate withdrawls?

Seriously, I'd value your opinion... Thank you and good luck with everything! <3

Hey man, I understand that opioid withdrawal is horrible and that you just want help, but you posted quite a few threads about the same topics lately. It'd be easier for us to help you if you could post all your questions etc. in one thread so that we have all the important info at one glance instead of reading through your multiple threads

Seriously, I'd value your opinion....
IMO, then: It would depend on how one treats kratom.
If one uses it as a replacement... that is what it is.
If one uses it as a way to stay sane through WDs, then use it for a few days (as WDs only last so long anyway) and jump off.
The choice is yours.
I have pains and have chosen kratom as a replacement for my meds so not much thought has arisen in my mind of how addictive it can be... don't give a sh** as it is a lot easier on my mind/body than previous meds.

Edit: There really is no avoiding going through some type of discomfort when one jumps off of a ride. Bout the only thing I could ever find were options to avoid serious problems when getting control of an issue related to serious abuse/mis-use. If the latter is not the issue then one should discuss this with your meds provider as too much of anything can be lethal in many an aspect.
Wish you well....

Last edited:
Opiate withdrawal sucks. The mental symptoms are probably the hardest to treat. There are drugs to help restless legs, diahrea, vomiting ect but I don't know of anything that will make you not feel like death is the preferred option mentally. If someone figures out a way they will be obscenely rich from it that's for sure.

I'm going to shamelessly plug the subforum I help mod Sober Living. We have lots of posters with extensive addiction history who can maybe help you get through all this.

Kratom a replacement for opioid? How is that possible?
Also using it for WD to stay sane for a few days is a probably good idea but what about if you are doin a slow taper?

Opiate withdrawls aren't fun for sure .. but a few tips from an old soldier who has been there and got the t-shirt.

Don't just lay in bed and think about how bad you feel.. you wont want to but get up and do something...anything, it will make you feel a bit better

Don't forget to eat and drink....whatever you can get down, if you don't eat and drink, you will feel much, much worse.
Take whatever you have to help you sleep but don't try and force it...if you can't sleep, get up and move around
Exercise helps a lot but it will be the last thing you feel like doing....do it anyway...
Stay away from to much caffeine... it will make you feel much worse.

Remember, all you have to do is get through a week or so and it's almost over, laying in bed makes it seem so much longer

Opiate withdrawls aren't fun for sure .. but a few tips from an old soldier who has been there and got the t-shirt.

Don't just lay in bed and think about how bad you feel.. you wont want to but get up and do something...anything, it will make you feel a bit better

Don't forget to eat and drink....whatever you can get down, if you don't eat and drink, you will feel much, much worse.
Take whatever you have to help you sleep but don't try and force it...if you can't sleep, get up and move around
Exercise helps a lot but it will be the last thing you feel like doing....do it anyway...

Remember, all you have to do is get through a week or so and it's almost over, laying in bed makes it seem so much longer

Solid advice. One time I was in rehab withdrawing heavily from Suboxone. We went and rode go carts and for the hour or so we where there I forgot I was sick. I guess my body dumped enough endorphins to satisfy those hungry opiate receptors.

Thank you for this advise.

The withdrawal I experienced yesterday is on a whole different level than I have ever had before.
I guess after twelve years of pain management being prescribed MS Contin, I am now seriously dependent upon it.
I feel as if my life is dependent on it and that scares me so much.

I barely made it a day. I don't think I would last a week. My god it gets worse than death.

You are right about making sure you eat something and everything else you said.

I appreciate the help from you guys who have a lot of experience with this.
I'm trying to learn and am learning but it sure helps having some guidance.

Is there anything that helps the restless legs/ restless entire body thing? Just for future reference?
I'm going to be sure to keep some on hand in case of emergency if there is something that helps.

Sounds like you gotta sort it out yourself op learn to control your mind without using drugs the body is actually happier when you give it a rest from drugs etc you will get through it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Solid advice. One time I was in rehab withdrawing heavily from Suboxone. We went and rode go carts and for the hour or so we where there I forgot I was sick. I guess my body dumped enough endorphins to satisfy those hungry opiate receptors.

Yeah definately, I remember one time being in terrible withdrawls and a freind phoned me and we talked on the phone for an hour.. I literally forgot I was sick too. It's ratger disingenuous when people tell us that it's in the mind because it's very much physical but we can certainly use our mind to distract from the physical side of it.

When we just lay in bed, all we do is think about how ill we feel and there's just no relief (and it makes sleeping harder too). The catch 22 is that laying in bed is all we WANT to do.

The worst withdrawl I've ever had is from methadone tablets I got from the pain clinic one time as it went on for weeks and weeks (I hear suboxone is the same). Anyone can suffer for a week or so but months of it is too much for most to bear

Is there anything that helps the restless legs/ restless entire body thing? Just for future reference?
I'm going to be sure to keep some on hand in case of emergency if there is something that helps.

I dont really know about the RLS thing as I never really got that... some people get it terrible though. I hear the RLS over the counter medications are quite helpful and also, don't take diphenhydramine (benadryl) to help you sleep as this exacibates RLS terribly.

Clonidine and pregabalin/gabapentin help but I disagree with people who say they remove withdrawls completely as in my experience this isn't the case..

I think there are few conditions out there that are as painful as opiate withdrawl purely because the range if symptoms are so varied (but not everyone gets ALL of them).

I've always found the key is to take whatever comfort meds you have available in order to address as many of the symptoms you're suffering with as possible... but if you're actually trying to stop and don't intend to taper, reduce the temptation to use anything like kratom or loperamide as anything that prevents your opiate receptors and neurotransmitters from starting the healing process will only make things even more protracted.

Best of luck to you..

Last edited:
@PtahTek Dude what did you mean as Kratom a REPLACEMENT for opioid? How is that possible?
Also using it for WD to stay sane for a few days is a probably good idea but what about if you are doin a slow taper?

@PtahTek Dude what did you mean as Kratom a REPLACEMENT for opioid? How is that possible?
I probably should have said that I use it for dietary fiber but yeah: It gives me just as good or better relief from my pains as most opioids (at low doses ~2gr 4-5 times a day). Everyone is different as well as our chemistry. However... saying that; there are millions that have replaced their pain meds (and more) with kratom and feel like they have a new chance at life.
Slow taper? One shouldn't need anything afterward but the balls to go through what discomfort that will be left to deal with.

Edit: The title of thread is "Horrible mindset when in withdrawal"
Kratom was suggested as it may not be what one wants to sub but it freakin' works for this. That's all I have as I am not a scientist but an addict.

Last edited:
In my humble opinion and (lengthy)experience, pregabalin/gabapentin + clonidine + a benzo (preferably something long acting for during the day such as clonazepam and something shorter acting and more hypnotic such as temazepam for bedtime... but that's not 100% necessary... Just what you can realistically obtain is fine) is pretty much as good as it gets in terms if comfort meds to help make withdrawls bearable... There are perhaps a couple of other things you could add to that list but IME they won't significantly help above and beyond what the three aforementioned drugs will. Some people.like to take amphetamines or some other stimulant drug to help combat the terrible lethargy that opioid withdrawls cause, but this is a tough call since stimulants tend to seriously exacabate the anxiety, insomnia and general restlessness that opioid withdrawls cause... It might be that this can be avoided by taking more of the benzos, but you're starting to get into the realms of pharmaceutical overload there which can end up causing you even more problems.

Just my 2 cents on the matter.

I drank alcohol everyday when I ran out of ativans. I think this is not recommended haha, but drinking did help somewhat in lower doses.

It sounds really ironic... but go treat yourself to some nice food. WD is like the flu I suppose, so nutrients can definitely help. Something that can knock you out cold at night like tylenol PM or sleep supplements are vital if you want to heal faster. I don't think it is possible to be in a good mood during withdrawal. I have always been uptight every second of it and quite nasty to some folks around me.

Kratom will severely help your withdrawals but I guarantee that like me you'll end up eating it everyday ;/ It has withdrawals that aren't as bad as oxy but somewhat comparable. It's a relief route that stalls time but it is kind of its own addiction more or less.

I'm surprised nobody ever mentions this on the message boards... but GOOD music helps your brain heal faster and promote those endorphins to come back. I remember listening to Led Zeppelin and chris cornell for hours over last summer when I had gone through a monstrous one. It did help. One good thing about opiate withdrawal is that I've always felt that time moves too fast in life, and for once it's painfully slow ;)

Last edited:
Yeah I hate that, the hyper-focusing on the discomfort, the apathy and malaise... After long years of addiction I learned that for myself, the mental state will make or break your ability to kick. Times when I knew I couldn't/wouldn't relapse and genuinely accepted the situation, it wasn't bad at all. Other times when I wasn't committed and was making reservations and pining to get well, the mental state amplified the withdrawals. When I kicked I didn't have interest in anything, not video games, not my guitar. The only thing that helped was Netflix/Binge watching shows, its a mindless activity that can help distract you from the pain.

For you I'd get on methadone/suboxone and get off the painkillers. Of course, your doctor will most likely find out if you do get on those and is likely to stop prescribing the painkillers, which is probably a good thing. Kratom is a mixed bag, some people swear by it and others say its worthless. It can help as long as you go in it with low expectations, it wont get you high but its likely to make the kick less agonizing. Also poppy seed tea can get you wrecked, and completely halt withdrawal. But most high quality seed vendors are online, and they aren't cheap. And you wouldn't actually be kicking the opiates, probably just make the addiction worse. Forget that suggestion.

Wish you the best my friend, hang in there.

And you wouldn't actually be kicking the opiates, probably just make the addiction worse. Forget that suggestion.

THIS.

Whenever people recomend poopy pods or seeds, kratom or loperamide to lessen the intensity of a rattle, it's totally counterproductive... You may as well have continued with your DOC as all you are doing is continuing to use but switching to a different opioid agonist.

Thank you for this advise.

The withdrawal I experienced yesterday is on a whole different level than I have ever had before.
I guess after twelve years of pain management being prescribed MS Contin, I am now seriously dependent upon it.
I feel as if my life is dependent on it and that scares me so much.

I barely made it a day. I don't think I would last a week. My god it gets worse than death.

You are right about making sure you eat something and everything else you said.

I appreciate the help from you guys who have a lot of experience with this.
I'm trying to learn and am learning but it sure helps having some guidance.

Sorry to be so base but personally, when I get to that awful stage of 'restless entire body thing' I wank like a spider monkey - like it's going to be made illegal. Quite honestly, it is about the only 'exercise' I can manage.
Peace & Harmony to you all ?