• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Hoping to try DMT to trip for the first time - Advice, what do you think?

Make sure you use a lot of ash. yes do not let the flame touch. regular lighter has always worked well for me

Ok, will probably smoke through a 15" glass bong, water or no water inside? I was thinking water may result in a loss of DMT vapour? It's a decent sized bong so it should mean I'm able to get it all in fewer hits.

Apart from my smoking technique I feel everything else in perfectly in place and I can't wait, looking forward to this experience.

Ok, will probably smoke through a 15" glass bong, water or no water inside? I was thinking water may result in a loss of DMT vapour? It's a decent sized bong so it should mean I'm able to get it all in fewer hits.

Apart from my smoking technique I feel everything else in perfectly in place and I can't wait, looking forward to this experience.

No, you won't lose anything to the water...DMT base isn't water soluble....just like you don't lose THC to the water either.

Ah cool. Possibly even trying it tomorrow, depends on if I get some time to myself in the house, work the next day should not be a concern, right?

I'm thinking of recording it, so I can look back and see what happened. I'll write up my experience and share it on this thread.

Ah cool. Possibly even trying it tomorrow, depends on if I get some time to myself in the house, work the next day should not be a concern, right?

I'm thinking of recording it, so I can look back and see what happened. I'll write up my experience and share it on this thread.

Work one hour after your first hit shouldn't even be a concern... they don't call it the business man's lunch trip for nothing ;)

99.9% chance I'll have time to myself tomorrow evening.. I'm currently coming down from mdma, mostly feel good but feeling a bit cloudy & ever so slightly achey still so I want to make sure I have a clear head.

No, you won't lose anything to the water...DMT base isn't water soluble....just like you don't lose THC to the water either.

The water is relatively cold though so isn't condensation of DMT vapor being encouraged? Although I am not sure how the physical properties differ from those of say THC, not sure how quickly THC condenses...

I'm just wondering really, I've never been able to figure this out.

The water is relatively cold though so isn't condensation of DMT vapor being encouraged? Although I am not sure how the physical properties differ from those of say THC, not sure how quickly THC condenses...

I'm just wondering really, I've never been able to figure this out.
You're right...possibly.
I hadn't taken condensation into account...???

But that is probably only a little DMT, other than that you are right - a bong with water can be used with DMT. If the smoke is harsh for you without the water you might just wanna use the water yes (although that may be a sign you are applying a bit too much heat!), but if it is not entirely necessary you might wanna leave it out.

Personally I have used a bong most of the time with DMT, but usually without the water.

I've made up this device a friend was telling me about last night... 2L drinks bottle with the bottom cut off, doubled up foil on the bottom with tape around it... DMT is placed on the foil and heated up from the other side without the flame touching it. I may well just try this because it should allow me to get the biggest possible hit.

I've made up this device a friend was telling me about last night... 2L drinks bottle with the bottom cut off, doubled up foil on the bottom with tape around it... DMT is placed on the foil and heated up from the other side without the flame touching it. I may well just try this because it should allow me to get the biggest possible hit.

I've heard of this and seen videos of it but never tried it... my guess is it would work well used correctly... my vape pen does the job extremely well though, as long as the inhale is long, light, slow, smooth and steady, until it turns off itself at the 20 second mark or whatever.

And yes, I have a different coil for DMT than for other things... it would be quite the surprise for someone to take a hit of oil and get some DMT in there unexpectedly... 8o 8(

Cracked open the bag for the first time... Smells perfumed, quite pleasant actually, nothing like the 'plastic' smell I've heard about.

Tonight may well be the night....

Ok...

.33 on foil under a bottle, heated it up and panicked a bit because I seen some vapor coming out the edge of the foil on the outside of the bottle, caused me to take off the lid and suck it all in, taste was weird (not keen, but I can tolerate), I laid back... should of taken more really... a bit disappointed in myself but it's not the end of the world.

10-15 secs and the ceiling started twisting majorly, like really warping, I had candles lit, the room was dimly lit and it became this really deep, beautiful red colour, I felt sort of numb, especially my mouth, I wasn't thinking of much but I was very very relaxed, nothing when I closed my eyes. What I did get was somewhat enjoyable though.

I'll be going again, but I'll definitely get more into my lungs, and probably using more DMT so that it vaporizes more.

Went again.

Wow. Still feeling a bit wavey... I'm really relaxed and happy although I've came down. That was the most beautiful thing I ever experienced, I'd go harder but unfortunately it's time for bed, I have work in the morning.

Finding this a little hard to describe so I apologize if this is confusing at all.

I loaded up 0.045g into a waterless bong, I had some ash on the bottom of the bowl, then the DMT, then another thin layer of ash. Slowly moved a lighter across the bowl in a circular motion, sloooooowly breathing in, the bong absolutely filled with vapours, it looked quite milky, I breathed it all in very very quickly and then lay down on the sofa with my head on a cushion. I started to feel it... The comeup was very intense at first, all I was thinking was 'oh shit, this isn't for me', then I just relaxed and let the high take me away, my breathing felt weird, I swallowed and it felt SO weird. I could hear the buzzing/high pitched noise.... it was like a flash bang in a game... or maracas, a bit hard to describe, it wasn't extremely loud but it was definitely noticeable...

I could hardly move, my body was locked down and going very slowly, as I felt the comeup stop I was waving my arms above my head, they were trailing and going very slowly, the ceiling was noticeably twisting and warping, getting bigger and smaller, the chandelier was doing the same but it was much more noticeable.... Felt as if I was sweating a lot.... I started crying, I was so happy. Everything looked cartoon like in a way and strange... I'm not sure how to describe it, but it was beautiful.

I closed my eyes and seen patterns, triangular, going from the edge of my vision inwards, I think blue in colour, quite pretty, I seen some visuals that looked something like these:
http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/x/psychedelic-fractal-970296.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/JoE7j.jpg

I started to come down, things were still twisting, but nothing was quite a vivid or apparently.

I was still feeling disorientated but I sat up and tried the bong... there was some dmt left but not much, maybe around .01, hit it anyway and the effects came back a bit, heard the buzzing again.

I can't wait to smoke DMT again.

Last edited:
Next time try a breakthrough dose. :)

I'll go for 60 mg next time maybe, does that sound like a good dose? I really felt myself going after the hit, now I think about it I think I could of got another hit in before laying down..

What I'll dobis fill the bong slowly to get it nice and thick with dmt, then rather than hitting it all I'll breathe out so I have a n empty set of lungs then carry on until either all the dmt is gone or I feel like I can't take any more. Should this allow me to get it all?

Thank you to anyone who had gave me guidance.

Last edited:
Yes 60mg is good

Went again.

Wow. Still feeling a bit wavey... I'm really relaxed and happy although I've came down. That was the most beautiful thing I ever experienced, I'd go harder but unfortunately it's time for bed, I have work in the morning.

Finding this a little hard to describe so I apologize if this is confusing at all.

I loaded up 0.045g into a waterless bong, I had some ash on the bottom of the bowl, then the DMT, then another thin layer of ash. Slowly moved a lighter across the bowl in a circular motion, sloooooowly breathing in, the bong absolutely filled with vapours, it looked quite milky, I breathed it all in very very quickly and then lay down on the sofa with my head on a cushion. I started to feel it... The comeup was very intense at first, all I was thinking was 'oh shit, this isn't for me', then I just relaxed and let the high take me away, my breathing felt weird, I swallowed and it felt SO weird. I could hear the buzzing/high pitched noise.... it was like a flash bang in a game... or maracas, a bit hard to describe, it wasn't extremely loud but it was definitely noticeable...

I could hardly move, my body was locked down and going very slowly, as I felt the comeup stop I was waving my arms above my head, they were trailing and going very slowly, the ceiling was noticeably twisting and warping, getting bigger and smaller, the chandelier was doing the same but it was much more noticeable.... Felt as if I was sweating a lot.... I started crying, I was so happy. Everything looked cartoon like in a way and strange... I'm not sure how to describe it, but it was beautiful.

I closed my eyes and seen patterns, triangular, going from the edge of my vision inwards, I think blue in colour, quite pretty, I seen some visuals that looked something like these:
http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/x/psychedelic-fractal-970296.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/JoE7j.jpg

I started to come down, things were still twisting, but nothing was quite a vivid or apparently.

I was still feeling disorientated but I sat up and tried the bong... there was some dmt left but not much, maybe around .01, hit it anyway and the effects came back a bit, heard the buzzing again.

I can't wait to smoke DMT again.

Did you keep it held in for awhile? Thick layer of ash next time

Yes, I probably held it in for between 6 to 12 seconds.

Attempting it all in one hit next time using a waterless bong, should this be possible?