Hopeless Situation

MeddieFrac

Bluelighter
I have a huge amount of pressure from my hopeless situation. I have $1 in change to last me the rest of the month, and not only that, I owe $2000+ plus in medical bills, cannot make my car payment that's due in 2 days, can't pay my phone bill, can't pay my car insurance, no gas money, no food money.

I won't be getting my check until the end of November.

I have been pleading with my family to co-sign on a personal loan so I can get this all under control, but they won't since they think I will default on the loan and ruin their credit.

This is a very hopeless situation, and the thought of suicide is more and more crossing my mind. I have Roxies, 150 Klonopins, 90 Xanax, (I only payed $20 at the pharmacy for these,) and combined with a large amount of alcohol I could forget all this pressure and worry forever.

Does anyone have any advice on what I can do to help this situation?

Last edited:
Have you tried searching for a job? If you had a job, you have prospects to pay the loan down, and your parents shouldn't be worried to co-sign for a loan.

Thanks for input! I currently hit up at least 10 busines per day, but unfortunately no business hire right on the spot, it will take a week or so before I could start which will be too late.

I mean, I get $1200 in disability each month which is enough to cover everything, they have no reason to be scared that I couldn't pay $100 a month on a personal loan!

Just so frustrating. Feel like I'm ready to die. It's been a long hard road, ya kno?

Thanks for input! I currently hit up at least 10 busines per day, but unfortunately no business hire right on the spot, it will take a week or so before I could start which will be too late.

I mean, I get $1200 in disability each month which is enough to cover everything, they have no reason to be scared that I couldn't pay $100 a month on a personal loan!

Just so frustrating. Feel like I'm ready to die. It's been a long hard road, ya kno?

If the $1200 in disability was enough to cover everything then you wouldn't be in the situation you are at the moment. Borrowing to pay off debt usually just ends with you being deeper in debt - it tends to be a downward spiral.

If you're not already in default on your payments then you have a bit of breathing space. While you'll get hit with late fees and reports on your credit, you're not going to get hit with judgments against you at this point so you do have some time to put things back in order.

While your family won't co-sign on a loan, they might be willing to help out with food for the rest of the month. That's really your most pressing need. There are also probably some charities which provide either meals or food parcels which you could approach and they often have financial counsellors who can help you rework your budget too.

Unfortunately you're going to have to nix any part of your life that isn't necessary. Is there public transportation in your area? If so, sell your car. Is there a cheaper place to live? If so, you need to move. Do you absolutely need a cell phone, cable, internet, etc.? Probably not. You need to purge the unnecessary things from your life immediately and cut back tremendously. Unfortunately a lot of us have had to do this over the past few years given the current economical situation =/

It's good to hear that you're currently looking for a job. For now your "job" should be finding yourself a job. Keep looking every single day. Scan your local classified ads, Craigslist, and apply in person for as many positions you can possibly consider. Eventually you will find a job. It's hard to right now but it will happen if you keep looking.

Until then, keep your lifestyle simple. Unfortunately it sounds like you're about to lose a few things and I hate to hear that but you know what, it could be worse. You're not exactly horribly in debt at the moment and there's still plenty of time to get yourself out of this situation so please don't lose hope.

Also, call your bank and any business you make payments to (the car dealership and whatnot) and explain your situation. I can't even begin to tell you how far this goes. These businesses *really* appreciate when people are upfront and if you are forthcoming they will often times work with you in order to set up a plan. They want your money, you know? They're going to work with you in a way so that they can get it at some point. They would much rather work with you than against you, so keep your head up.

Lastly, write down all of your expenses on a piece of paper and then order them from most important to the least. List the pros and cons of axing the least important expenses and this will help you clarify what you absolutely need and what you can live without.

One more thing: Don't lose hope and cut back on your drugs! Plenty of people are experiencing this right now, and plenty of them are getting out of this situation... I know I have. Don't make a decision like suicide because it's a permanent solution to a temporary problem. Basically what I'm saying is that things will get better, don't hurt yourself over something that will only last for so long! Things will get better if you keep working hard and get responsible.

<snip>
please don't do it!

Last edited by a moderator: