• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Homebrew kills 15, blinds six

this seems to happen alot in india, i read pretty much the same thing a few years ago.

orangescrewpen

It really is hard to say but with numbers like that I'd have to say pretty bad like an entire batch of whiskey was bad and a few hundred drank it at the very least, it really is a total shot in the dark though as it may not kill you the first shot or even 10, also some people may have died from it and not had this caught as C.O.D., or injured and not reported it. What I can say is that it is pretty bad to have killed 15 people and is probably because of it being spiked. It can also cause serious G.I. tract problems like liver and kidney damage as well as death and blindness. Remember these are just the REPORTED from this incident.

Last edited:
Given that people were blinded it is likely contaminated with a large % of methanol or consisted only of methanol.

The breakdown products of ethanol compete with the toxic breakdown products of methanol so slight contamination isn't a problem. (brandy) I believe the cure for anti-freeze and methanol poisoning is ethanol.

If the wrong ingredients were used methanol could be produced. Perhaps they typically "cut" their booze with methanol and just used a greater % than the ethanol could inhibit.

Man i need to be careful, ive been giv gallons of moonshine from a certain family member whos a brewing machine. I hope he aint drinkin it while he makes mine