• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Home detox from 70cl+ a day of vodka - Seizure history

blackstorm

Bluelighter
Hey,

I am drinking a minimum of 70cl of vodka everyday (Sometimes close to 140cl - Id say on general around 90cl)- I really have to do a detox but I need to do it at home.

I have done detox at home before but I wasn't using so much - I have done it 3 times in hospital previously.
I have had a seizure twice - Once when I did a home detox ( I didn't have any Librium ) and had a seizure, another time I had a seizure while in hospital, I was taking Librium there but I can't remember what dose I was on.

Ive Librium at home and wanted to know what level would be safe to take to come off the drink - Should I be cutting down using some librium and something a lot lower like 4-5% cider - Maybe 4 cans through the day - Just to make sure I don't get a seizure - I don't want to go down that route again.

I know alcohol shouldnt be mixed with librium but if I am having a seizure with just librium I think it will help.

Any advice would be appreciated

On a side note, is there any indication of when I could be getting anywhere near the stage of a seizure - Previously I had no idea at all until I woke up on the hospital bed..

some useful info here. i started cutting back half a beer every night i was at 6 beers a night im currently down to 1 to 2 beers a night
very little issues here except some anxiety and insomnia but trust me its a small speed bump on the road to being sober
http://www.hamsnetwork.org/taper/
i strongly advise NOT to CT you can run into trouble without a good game plan
well if you have to CT and dont think you can taper take a week off of work/social life and talk to a doc to get you set up with a plan with the librium
but stick with it and dont drink
and most importantly have the mindset to quit if you have any doubts youll just end up relapsing or youll end up back where you are right now...trust me ive been there done that
i went into detox and really didnt wanna quit drinking about 2-3 weeks sober and i went back to the same old shit

what is the longest you have gone recently without drinking?
and what symptoms are you exp?
and take what i say with a grain of salt but i was told anywhere from 24 to 72 hrs after your last drink is the time period where if something is gonna happen it is seizures etc

I get strong visual indicators - swimmy lights at the edge of my vision, hallucinations starting - any of that indicates more advanced dts and at that point I would drink a beer and/or dose a bit of a benzo, using minimally and writing down all doses so as not to confuse amount/time.

I get strong visual indicators - swimmy lights at the edge of my vision, hallucinations starting - any of that indicates more advanced dts and at that point I would drink a beer and/or dose a bit of a benzo, using minimally and writing down all doses so as not to confuse amount/time.

i would honestly go to the ER if that was me they will detox you in there and if anyone is the wiser just say you were sick
DT's are not a joke and can kill you
you need professional medical help i wouldnt attempt a taper if that was me
honestly youll thank yourself later for going or drink that you are comfortable and get into a detox ASAP they will take care of you also