• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Home Brewing

I'm supposed to be getting a bottle beer and cider from a mates home brewing experiment to sample but have yet to see it.

got my kit and got beer brewing, was a lot easier than it looks. getting everything clean is the main thing then keep it at the right temp.

a lager kit came with the deal i got so that will be just alright, planning a stout or an IPA next.

found some good recipes for cider than can turn out between 10% - 15% alcohol

I used to do it, started out with one of those kits. First beer I made was a Pilsner, I was religious with the hygiene and all my equipment was new, where I boiled the wort and the cask for primary fermentation. It came out surprisngly good, I think I made 25 litres, it was gone in no time.

I made it carefully as it was my first time, used honey instead of sugar to bring the alcohol level up, I actually used some very nice expensive honey from the Alps, it's honey that bees make while eating a specific flower, it literally tastes like flowers, it gave the beer a delicious after taste.

Second time I sort of slacked off with the cleaning, I think some bad bacteria might have thrived in brew, it was a Stout, ended up tasting quite bad, I still managed to drink half of it, as it was alcohol after all, but then gave up, as the taste seemed to get even worst the more it aged. There's still like twenty bottles in my basement back home.

I did a lager as well at one point, I think it was from one of those Cooper cans, came out decent enough considering the price per litre is like 50 cents, I went very heavy with the honey in that one, added a couple of kilos of sugar too, as I thought it's a lager, fuck it, no one cares about the taste. It came out 6,8% in the final measurement I took. It was good cause I made that just before the 2010 world cup

got my kit and got beer brewing, was a lot easier than it looks. getting everything clean is the main thing then keep it at the right temp.

a lager kit came with the deal i got so that will be just alright, planning a stout or an IPA next.

found some good recipes for cider than can turn out between 10% - 15% alcohol

Any update on this bogman?

Any update on this bogman?

Quite interested too, I'll probably be starting off some fruity cider over Christmas mainly due to the fact if I leave it at home I won't be tempted to drink it before its all ready lol. Was talking to my cousin about it since he's made quite a few already. Takes a couple of months or more, longer you leave it the better the taste and higher the percentage, easily up to 10% with wine yeast apparently.

kinda vary it as I go, but for a straight apple I would do usually:

25-30L lidl cloudy apple juice (1.29 per L)
3 tea bags in a small amount of water (or apple juice) with the arse boiled out of them on a pot.
Sometimes (most of the time really) I'll add some raisins. Beernut pointed out that most raisins have some oil on them. The sunmaid ones seem not to. The sugar in the raisins increases the OG so you'll get a slightly stronger brew with them - just be aware of that.

Put it all into the fermenter, sprinkle yeast on top. Wait 2 weeks. Check FG (should be 1.000).

I then batch prime with either more cloudy apple juice (if I've added raisins) or apple juice and sugar, or sometimes just honey (dissolved in a small amount of apple juice). Up to yourself here. In the batch prime mix I'll add 4-5 sweetener tablets per half litre (probably 7 per litre if using splenda).

That's it really. It's pretty simple.

copied this from a site i use, this one not so cheap to make but the results are ment to be brillant = taste and nice high % of alcohol.

these lads know how to make cider http://www.beoir.org/community/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=8160

Last edited:
bottled a cider last week, will take about 3 months before it's ready for drinking.

20lts of Aldi cloudy apple juice
packet of cider yeast
4 tea bags boiled in 100ml of water
about 40 raisins

primed the btls with more apple juice and added some cheap sweetner tablets from lidl

all going well the cider should be between 12% - 14%.

next up a wheat beer

I am lucky enough to have a guy/friend who lived next door to me who brews quite seriously some boutique kind of shit, he's done all sorts, a sassong (sp) quite a few pale ales ( my faves) some I.p.a's ( trying to like them) & some Russian imperial stout which I hated but he has also educated me a bit along the way, I now appreciate hops & which 1's I like in particular, (galaxy) smells a bit like weed & taste Devine in beer & a few others I've forgotten but yeah think I might be getting more involved soon, think I could get into it as an alternative to my old favourite thing growing weed (harder when your a family man)

I brewed some alcoholic drink (around 20% abv) with turbo yeast, water and sugar. Didn't taste good, but if you're just looking to get drunk..

I like to brew my own ales. Started a few years ago with just kits using my old man's old fermenting bins and pressure barrels. Since then I've got myself a slightly MacGyver-esque mash tun made from an insulated picnic hamper, a big 7 gallon catering pan for a boiler with a gas burner to put it on and a wort chiller, which is basically a giant coil of copper pipe that you run water through, chills the mash from 100c down to 25c in about 10 minutes. With this kit and a bit of care with temperatures and timings, I can make a beer which tastes as good as any ale you'd get in a pub, for about 10-15p a pint.

Is the cider ready yet bogman?

Can't wait to taste it! %)

Was drinkin Stella Artois Cidre & Aspall Blackberry yesterday. Like me ciders but never had a home-brew before!