Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Home Brew Herbal Blend Recipes

siegex

Greenlighter
This thread is about sharing our members home made herbal smoking blends, I am hoping to gain some insight on the best remedies for a relaxing herbal smoke. This thread isn't about adding cannaboids to the blend, it is about experienced members with knowledge of a natural herbal smoking mixture. I expect to run into a few unfriendly and sarcastic posts, but I know some people have things to share. In saying so if you have something to share, please provide ratios and processes.

Cheers :D

Last edited:
Mr Kronik himself by the sounds of it, get real man, we're not telling you how to do this shit, look it up on youtube.

lol I can handle sarcasm....I would hope this thread turns out similiar to the MJ cooking recipe thread. It's ok chillax lol

hahaha

I got one and only one:

Green tea leaves

Dimethyltryptamine

try marketing that one to the miss-informed stoners ;)

At least mix it with B.Capii :p

I find a good mix of poo and wee burns very nicely.

IMO, caapii makes it last too long :p

poo and wee probably would burn nicer than most the smoking blends out there..

Ima leave this thread before I get sent to the naughty corner....

I'm very tempted to send this thread to the naughty corner >.<

Leaving it open only in the hope that someone can post something useful with regards to options for smoking materials and their health impact: damiana, wild lettuce, mugwort, b. caapi, etc etc. If the original poster is looking for recipes for adding synthetic cannabinoids to such mixes then the basics have already been covered in the synth cannabinoid thread. Hint: use acetone.

Try and avoid using any kind of stem/branch too, that shit is rough as guts and no doubt terrible for your airways. Damania seems to be one of the better mediums out there, but In saying that I have no personal experience

Leaving it open only in the hope that someone can post something useful with regards to options for smoking materials and their health impact: damiana, wild lettuce, mugwort, b. caapi, etc etc. If the original poster is looking for recipes for adding synthetic cannabinoids to such mixes then the basics have already been covered in the synth cannabinoid thread. Hint: use acetone.

Geez I'm out of touch, I thought this thread was going to be about legitimate herbal smokes... the thought of mixes for adding synthetic cannabinoids didn't even cross my mind! :eek:

Seems to be like I f....d this thread up lol I ask for herbal blends and this is the best it gets hahahaha

^ I think people are confused about whether you mean just pure herbal smoking or making a mix to add synthetics to.

If you use the search engine, there has been some discussion on smoking of damiana and opium lettuce, that type of thing, before.

^ yeh sorry siegex, I thought you were talking about synthetics too. I tried a heap of legal smoking blends a few years back and none of them had any psychoactive effect, all it got me was complaints from the neighbours that I was smoking weed (they smelled nothing like pot btw). I might still have the bags, I'll have a look and see what the ingredients were. I know there were the ones I mentioned above, perhaps passionflower, dagga extract, lotus leaves, or some other herbals. One that may be worth looking into is a plant from NZ called pukatea. Honestly though I think you're probably wasting your time and would do just as well to look at herbal teas and save your lungs.

^ Ha, I remember you posting about the neighbors complaining about the herbal smokes. I haven't ever heard glowing reports about them, but some do say they experience effects from them and there are reports on Erowid that are positive about some of them.

A friend of mine once added catnip to his marijuana joint; he said it definitely changed the high but whether it was placebo or not I don't know.

There's some fairly heavy threads around concerning the effects and usage of herbs (sorry I don"t have canaboids and if I did I'd not bother about a recipe to spray it on) My idea was to create a thread for some of the more experienced users of plant matter to come here and share their personal blends so we could use them. I have read many threads concerning recipes of herbs (no canaboids added) with great effects and have known of many natives that have ceremonial blends that trance these guys out. Personally I'm not looking for a trance just a nice euphoric herb smoke without the need to resort back to mj. Unfortunately I'll assume the more exp mmbrs on the subject may be less willing to divulge such information. Maybe the thread might work out for the benefit of those that are seeking a legal smoke blend (less the canaboids)

Lets see !!

Last edited:
^ I don't think that members are keeping information on their blends to themselves, I just don't think herbal blends are that popular by themselves on this forum. There has been some discussion in the past though so hopefully there is something useful again. :)

Cheers for the input so far everyone. I'd like to start off with a post I found in my researching and maybe some one would like to add on from here (I have alot of info at hand but the majority isn't as clear as this one is) In saying this I find alot of Aussies seem to be less informed on the subject matter of Natural Herbal Smoke Blends (non canaboid) Please don't take offence, yet from the sites I trawl I see more UK input and USA input on this subject. To date though I have not come across too many threads indicating exact ratios etc. To assume that illegal weed is the ONLY mind/body altering plant on this planet is indeed *only* an assumption. So many herbs (aka Plants) provide percentages of stimulants that affect the human body. Depending on the herb/plant ingested/consumed by a human and the amount or the *Blend* effects can be obtained that produce varied effects on the human (so to speak) I myself will make an assumption here.

Mj is the one all and be all, of the plants on this planet that give a euphoric feeling without adding other plant materials. Mind you this plant is chosen due to it's lesser abilities to f...ing space you out to hard lol. So on that note I we can safely assume that other herbs/plants and a combination of mixes produce effects similar or maybe even worse lol

Please remember this thread is really about members input on ingredients that are available legally (legally is defined in your own country) But the fact of the matter is that the herbs/plants I am talking about are plants that would normally grow in it's correct geographical location.

So here is a recipe that I have found that I will post for the benefits of any one interested in this thread.

(Disclaimer: The below ingredients in no way have been tested by myself, it is merely an example of a person that has been willing enough to divulge his method and is *seemingly* successful with this blend.)

Ingredients

1 Gram of Indian Warrior
1 Gram of Skullcap
1 Gram of Wild Dagga Flowers
1 Gram of White Lotus
1 Gram of Red Clover
1 Gram of Sinicuichi
1 Gram of Damiana
.5 Grams of Kanna
10 Grams of Mullein
Isopropyl Alcohol/Everclear

Step By Step

1. Mix all ingredients together excluding the mullein and iso alcohol/everclear.

2. Put mixed up ingredients (again excluding the mullein and alcohol) into a glass container/hdpe plastic container.

3. Pour iso alcohol/everclear into the container and cover the plant material by about two inches.

4. Shake for 10 seconds every 10 minutes for 3 hours.

5. Strain alcohol through a t-shirt/coffee filter into another container.

6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 two more times (pour each extraction into the same container)

7. Evaporate 50-75% of the alcohol.

8. Put the mullein into the container containing the alcohol extractions. The point of this is for the mullein to soak up all of the alcohol (which contains all the plant goodies)

9. Leave to dry/evaporate until the mullein is completely dry. If it feels moist it is not fully evaporated! I left it uncovered for at least 24 hours.

Sorry if some people misunderstood the above lol but its a direct copy & paste The person sharing this method is a shop owner that creates his own blend (less canaboids) I guess the fact that the alcohol exists it can be debated as a chemical. DEBATED but fortunatley I don't think we are going to get that far lol

ADD YOUR HOME BLEND BELOW =D

Last edited:
Best material to use is marshmallow leaf, ive found that damiana is too harsh and makes a fuck load of resin
Also sinicuichi is not a smoking herb, you are suppose to make a tea with it.

Best material to use is marshmallow leaf, ive found that damiana is too harsh and makes a fuck load of resin
Also sinicuichi is not a smoking herb, you are suppose to make a tea with it.

Marshmallow ? Do you mean as the *filler* ? Is that the purpose ? As for sinicuichi lol yea...personally never heard of that I'll assume it smooths out any harsh elements or adds some kind of benefit

Marshmallow ? Do you mean as the *filler* ? Is that the purpose ? As for sinicuichi lol yea...personally never heard of that I'll assume it smooths out any harsh elements or adds some kind of benefit

My bad just noticed the Mullein ratio....

^Actually Sinicuichi smokes fairly well, I would expect extracts could prove rewarding.

As for the red clover, may as well take that out the extracts pile and add it to the mullein, its not psychoactive (in practical terms, may contain micro amounts of something) but adds body to any smoking mix. Traditional herbal tobacco is red clover, rose petals, raspberry leaf and marshmallow root. This is what the original Spice product used as a base. Newer blends seem to just use Damiana and Mullein, likely to save costs, but the OG Spice had a nicer, fluffier texture.

The Marshmallow root is a lung herb, so may help minimize some of the harm associated with smoking (not sure, its taken as a tea for lung conditions, not smoked).

The Rose petals are for taste.

Red Clover flowers and Red raspberry leaf will give a lovely, light fluffy medium that will soak up lots of the extracts.