• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

History: Pre-prohibition images of psychedelics and and medical research materials

SteamboatBillJr

Bluelighter
Sandoz Delysid (LSD 25)

856500481-Box_of_empty_Sandoz_bottles.jpg

000246189-Sandoz_LSD-25.jpg

lsd_article2_sandoz1.jpg

delysid.jpg

Literature from the manufacturer:

Sandoz Pharmaceuticals said:
SANDOZ LTD., BASLE, SWITZERLAND

9792*-Z1540 e.-sp./d.-fr.
Printed in Switzerland.

Delysid (LSD 25)

D-lysergic acid diethylamide tartrate

Sugar-coated tablets containing 0.025 mg. (25 ug.)
Ampoules of 1 ml. containing 0.1 mg. (100 ug.) for oral administration.

The solution may also be injected s.c. or i.v. The effect is identical with that of oral administration but sets in more rapidly.

PROPERTIES

The administration of very small doses of Delysid (1/2-2 ug./kg. body weight) results in transitory disturbances of affect, hallucinations, depersonalization, reliving of repressed memories, and mild neuro-vegetative symptoms. The effect sets in after 30 to 90 minutes and generally lasts 5 to 12 hours. However, intermittent disturbances of affect may occasionally persist for several days.

METHOD OF ADMINISTRATION

For oral administration the contents of 1 ampoule of Delysid are diluted with distilled water, a 1% solution of tartaric acid or halogen-free tap water.

The absorption of the solution is somewhat more rapid and more constant that that of the tablets.

Ampoules which have not been opened, which have been protected against light and stored in a cool place are stable for an unlimited period. Ampoules which have been opened or diluted solutions retain their effectiveness for 1 to 2 days, if stored in a refrigerator.

INDICATIONS AND DOSAGE

Analytical psychotherapy, to elicit release of repressed material and provide mental relaxation, particularly in anxiety states and obsessional neuroses. The initial dose is 25 ug. (1/4 of an ampoule or 1 tablet). This dose is increased at each treatment by 25 ug. until the optimum dose (usually between 50 and 200 ug.) is found. The individual treatments are best given at intervals of one week.
Experimental studies on the nature of psychoses: By taking Delysid himself, the psychiatrist is able to gain an insight in the world of ideas and sensations of mental patients. Delysid can also be used to induced model psychoses of short duration in normal subjects, this facilitating studies on the pathogenesis of mental disease.

In normal subjects, doses of 25 to 75 ug. are generally sufficient to produce a hallucinatory psychosis (on an average 1 ug./kg. body weight). In certain forms of psychosis and in chronic alcoholism, higher doses are necessary (2 to 4 ug./kg. body weight).

PRECAUTIONS

Pathological mental conditions may be intensified by Delysid. Particular caution is necessary in subjects with a suicidal tendency and in those cases where a psychotic development appears imminent. The psycho-affective lability and the tendency to commit impulsive acts may occasionally last for some days.

Delysid should only be administered under strict medical supervision. The supervision should not be discontinued until the effects of the drug have completely worn off.

ANTIDOTE

The mental effects of Delysid can be rapidly reversed by the i.m. administration of 50 mg. chlorpromazine. Literature available on request.
https://www.erowid.org/chemicals/lsd/lsd_faq.shtml

Sandoz Indocybin (psilocybin)

DSC05679.jpg

Literature from the manufacturer:

Sandoz Pharmaceuticals said:
p. 45, from A Magic Mushroom Unmasked in Sandoz 1886- 1961: Jubilee Volume

The existence of the "sacred mushrooms" fell into oblivion as the miraculous effects attributed to them were regarded as superstitions until a few years ago, when American investigators, particularly R. Gordon. Wasson and his wife Valentina Pavlovna, re-discovered the mushroom cult in remote mountainous areas of Southern Mexico. The well-know mycologist, Roger Heim, Muséum National d'Histoire Naturelle in Paris, classified as the mushrooms which the Mexican Indians call "teonanácatl" and use for magic purposes. He also cultivated some on a laboratory scale. Heim entrusted our laboratories with the chemical investigations of teonanácatl (Psilocybe mexicana Heim). In a relatively short time our chemists isolated the active principles, obtained them in crystalline form and elucidated their chemical structure. Soon, both active principles, psilocybin and psilocin, were synthesized.
The mental effects of these pure substances, which were ascertained in volunteers, were identical with those of the mushrooms. Psilocybin and psilocin not only have certain chemical features in common with Delysid [LSD] but are also structurally related to serotonin, a finding that is of biochemical interest. Their effects on human beings are qualitatively similar to those of Delysid; quantitatively are about 100 times weaker than those of Delysid, are valuable tools in experimental psychiatry, and have also proved useful as drug adjuvants in psychotherapy, and more especially, in psychoanalysis.
http://www.herbmuseum.ca/content/sandoz-indocybin-psilocybin

Merck Mescaline Sulfate

457777786-merck_mescaline.jpg

That pretty fukkin cool!!
Thanx for posting those!!

I gotta start checkin craigslist for time machines
Hehehe

Experimental studies on the nature of psychoses: By taking Delysid himself, the psychiatrist is able to gain an insight in the world of ideas and sensations of mental patients. Delysid can also be used to induced model psychoses of short duration in normal subjects, this facilitating studies on the pathogenesis of mental disease.

Pretty sure they don't allow this with the morphine

I also enjoy this awesome nostalgia from the days of our elders. Please share if you have other pics.

Great thread. I wonder if there's any Sandoz LSD still out there hidden away.

To think there's likely tons of sealed ampules of Sandoz LSD in some federal storage facility...
Anyone down for a heist??

To think there's likely tons of sealed ampules of Sandoz LSD in some federal storage facility...
Anyone down for a heist??

The CIA purchased 100 million doses from Sandoz ... some of which was reported to have been used in their beautifully named " Operation Midnight Climax " ; but they still must have an awful lot of it left over [ ??? ] .

The CIA purchased 100 million doses from Sandoz ... some of which was reported to have been used in their beautifully named " Operation Midnight Climax " ; but they still must have an awful lot of it left over [ ??? ] .

My mouth is watering at the thought.
They must have quite an incredible selection, often times they store leftover compounds from finished or aborted research studies, I know the DMT Strassman used in his studies was sent to a storage facility.
Not the CIA's but the DEA's I believe.

^ I wonder how many DEA agents visit that facility on the grounds of conducting some "personal research"

Great thread. I wonder if there's any Sandoz LSD still out there hidden away.

Have a listen to "Out there somewhere" by Capsula (if you can find it!). A rather mouth-watering psychill track that tempts the imagination by referencing "blue Sandoz, LSD"