• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

History passion during withdrawal

Blekkulfen

Greenlighter
Is it only me or do anyone else get a huge passion for a history subject each time you withdraw from opiates? I’ve been through Roman Empire, American civil war, even the sinking of Edmund Fitzgerald ... I can read and watch documentaries about it 16 hrs a day during the first 2 weeks. It’s always a new topic each time I withdraw and then it fades away, but the positive side is I get a huge knowledge on the subject

I like history a lot too. Not specifically in any kind of drug-related context, just generally.

Are there any particular books you've enjoyed?

Not necessarily history but yea you can get really into things in that sort of state when you are getting all your emotion back

Is it only me or do anyone else get a huge passion for a history subject each time you withdraw from opiates? I’ve been through Roman Empire, American civil war, even the sinking of Edmund Fitzgerald ... I can read and watch documentaries about it 16 hrs a day during the first 2 weeks. It’s always a new topic each time I withdraw and then it fades away, but the positive side is I get a huge knowledge on the subject
Absolutely, love this stuff when I am sober but can binge it like no other during certain recovery states. I also like going and studying religion in Wikipedia. You can spin out on that shit forever, it is super duper deep. It helps that in that case, the worlds religions themselves have such comprehensive histories. For a few thousand years only clerics could read and write. Makes sense to me they would write about themselves a lot.

For me I mostly find a flow with history or religion during the comedown, and sometimes for a few days after, withdrawing from amps or methamp binging, which has very few strong physical symptoms.

With alcohol withdrawal, it’s something I can do despite the disabilities and discomforts of that withdrawal process, and passes the time.

I haven’t experienced any opiate withdrawals yet, but I’ve never abused them, I don’t think. Sniffed some H here and there. Smoked 7g of opium over a period of two weeks and felt quite heavenly.

I was told it was opium anyways, never saw or would see anything like it again. Kinda waxy stuff, it was cloudy and translucent, yellow yellow-clear colors. The solid melted smoothly and easily and left minuscule amounts of residue on the pipe.

I remember being pretty disappointed it was gone for about a week, and some perstent upset stomach. So I had some addiction like cravings at least. I have spent a lot of time around dope sick people, definitely have never been there myself.

I could use some of that stuff right now, drug gods, you listening?

I totally know where you're coming from!!!!
I'm a big history buff, and have noticed that I spend particularly inordinate amounts of time researching stuff SPECIFICALLY if I'm feeling physically or mentally unwell. Hangovers=Four hours on wikipedia learning about the eastern front in the second world war

Because it's an escape, I think
Another world apart from our own where things make more sense, patterns are clearer, and ambiguity has a little less (a little) of a stranglehold over every moment and event.

Currently on a nuclear weapon history kick. You know what's wild? How many nukes there are just... floatin' around. Lost. "Broken arrows".
I’ve read about the amount of nukes just..chillin. Scary shit.