View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Hippie flipping newbie

Gilby

Greenlighter
So, Me and my girlfriend are going to be hippie flipping for our first times on saturday! =D I suprised my girl with four cubensis shroom chocolates (two grams each) and two ecstasy pills. This is our first time doing either of these drugs (note: we've both done acid and molly before, but not shrooms or ecstasy pills). I have a few questions pertaining to hippie flipping, like how much of each substance should be taken to ensure a good trip? also, what order should they be taken in? and how to time them? I have read a ton online about this subject, but everything seems to be contradictory so i'm a little confused :? Any help is much appreciated! :D

Last edited:
Take the shrooms separately, I didn't like this combo really, the mdma seemed to kill the best bits of the shroom trip & just added a confusing, gurning edge. It wasn't terrible, but I'd rather take either drug separately. Molly & ecstasy are both a slang name for mdma. If you want a strong mushroom trip then eat more mushrooms & smoke some weed, that can get intense. LSD might combine better with MDMA than shrooms do.

It's hard to judge the doses with mushrooms, they're all different, but worst that can happen is you'll get a really hard trip or not trip, no overdose worries. If they're still good then one of those 2g chocolates each should be enough & 2 each should definitely do it. Maybe eat one & then the other one 90 minutes later if you're not feeling it. You can't really ensure a 'good trip' with shrooms, they can be very deep & intense, they can bring any emotional issues to the surface, it's kind of like acid, but I think it can get even deeper. At low doses they're more controllable & if you're in a great mood before you take them, that helps to have a good trip, they'll intensify whatever you were feeling before. They seem more dependent on how you were feeling before than mdma, they wont give you that happy energy boost if you were feeling bad before you take them. They're shorter lasting & less stimulating than acid, so I'd say bad trips are less likely to go really badly wrong & you'll recover faster.

You shouldn't be mixing drugs without experiencing each one separately first. If they're good mushrooms then you wont need the ecstasy. If you eat them all & only catch a mild buzz, then think about it.

Get a test kit for those 'ecstasy pills' too, make sure they are actual MDMA.

Last edited:
Take the shrooms separately, I didn't like this combo really, the mdma seemed to kill the best bits of the shroom trip & just added a confusing, gurning edge. Molly & ecstasy are both a slang name for mdma. If you want a strong mushroom trip then eat more mushrooms & smoke some weed, that can get intense.

It's hard to judge the doses with mushrooms, they're all different, but worst that can happen is you'll get a really hard trip or not trip, no overdose worries. If they're still good then one of those 2g chocolates each should be enough & 2 each should definitely do it. Maybe eat one & then the other one 90 minutes later if you're not feeling it. You can't really ensure a 'good trip' with shrooms, they can be very deep & intense, they can bring any emotional issues to the surface, it's not like 'molly' if you trip hard on it. At low doses they're more controllable & if you're in a great mood before you take them, that helps to have a good trip, they'll intensify whatever you were feeling before. They seem more dependent on how you were feeling before than mdma, they wont give you that happy energy boost if you were feeling bad before you take them.

Thanks for the advice! It turns out the ecstasy was bunk anyways. All my friends took it last weekend and said it didnt do anything, mild body high at best. So I will be just taking shrooms. There will be mild rain and it will be overcast like all day, do you think that'll affect the trip? Also we're gunna be camping in the woods with like no service so I think that'll be fun. I think we're gunna eat one chocolate around 4-4:30pm and then wait a little while to take the second one, like an hour or so. Sorry if i'm asking too many questions but i'm a little nervous, which is odd for me. is there any other advice for taking shrooms for my first time?

Sounds great, just go & enjoy it, take some weed, but only use it if you're not feeling the mushrooms enough, it'll intensify it, don't use weed to calm down if you're tripping too hard - be very careful with it then. It's great tripping outside in a natural environment with a few friends on natural highs. You might get wet if it's raining, I doubt that will bother you. Bad shroom trips seem to be more about having emotional issues beforehand that intensify, otherwise it should be great. Just go into it with a positive frame of mind, nothing to be nervous about.

If you're feeling good about it then just eat 4g, it'll be intense like 3-4 acid blotters if they're really great mushrooms, or like 1-2blotters if they not so good, or half of one if they're bunk. Only problem is the dosage is unpredictable, different mushrooms are different, there's natural variation & they can degrade if cooked, dried, or stored for a while.

Last edited:
IMO shrooms come with a much heavier mind fuck than LSD. Prepare yourself to possibly open up some deep shit that you have stored in your mind.

Sounds great, just go & enjoy it, take some weed, but only use it if you're not feeling the mushrooms enough, it'll intensify it, don't use weed to calm down if you're tripping too hard - be very careful with it then. It's great tripping outside in a natural environment with a few friends on natural highs. You might get wet if it's raining, I doubt that will bother you. Bad shroom trips seem to be more about having emotional issues beforehand that intensify, otherwise it should be great. Just go into it with a positive frame of mind, nothing to be nervous about.

If you're feeling good about it then just eat 4g, it'll be intense like 3-4 acid blotters if they're really great mushrooms, or like 1-2blotters if they not so good, or half of one if they're bunk. Only problem is the dosage is unpredictable, different mushrooms are different, there's natural variation & they can degrade if cooked, dried, or stored for a while.

Well alright, thanks for all the info! Its definitely cleared up some of my confusion :)

IMO shrooms come with a much heavier mind fuck than LSD. Prepare yourself to possibly open up some deep shit that you have stored in your mind.

Ahhh thats what ive heard and im prwtty excited about it, ive done dmt and acid and those seemed very introspective but this should be even crazier. Im just afraid me and my gf (we've been together 5 months) might dig too deep into our subconcious and find out we feel a certain way about one another that we didnt even realize ourselves... but i guess thats part of the experience and ill try to embrace the mind fuck aspect of it

regarding your question about rain: I think rainy weather is great for mushroom trips! It's nice to have the lights (sunshine) dimmed a bit for your dialated pupils, and they dampness fits so well with mushy mushrooms.

regarding your question about rain: I think rainy weather is great for mushroom trips! It's nice to have the lights (sunshine) dimmed a bit for your dialated pupils, and they dampness fits so well with mushy mushrooms.

Well sick! i cant wait! It turns out im gunna be doing them tonight/tomorrow morning so we'll be able to watch the sun come up, and watcg it paint the cloudy sky a bunch of crazy colors. Thanks for the reassurance about the weather, I was hoping it wouldn't hurt the trip too much