• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

⭐️ Social ⭐️ HIPAA law question

polarthedog

Bluelighter
Okay, so I wanted to know if you go and see a doctor, and you’ve seen, say, five other doctors that month, trying to find the right one. Would that doctor be able to look on their computer and see that you’ve seen five other doctors? What kind of privacy exactly does the HIPAA law entitle me?

Dont know what country you are in but i dont see how all drs computers would be linked up ( maybe).They would just have patients information on them i would think that they are already treating.You would just be a new 'patient'

Dont know what country you are in but i dont see how all drs computers would be linked up ( maybe).They would just have patients information on them i would think that they are already treating.You would just be a new 'patient'
How do they ever find doctor shoppers then?

I think if i am right.... correct me anyone on this.When you get your prescription filled at the chemist ...there is a database of prescriptions issued and filled where and when .But that also depends if the chemist check for it ....maybe it may come up automatically.To the best of my knowledge.The chemist would be the one who gets the alert....

I think if i am right.... correct me anyone on this.When you get your prescription filled at the chemist ...there is a database of prescriptions issued and filled where and when .But that also depends if the chemist check for it ....maybe it may come up automatically.To the best of my knowledge.The chemist would be the one who gets the alert....
That’s makes sense, sorry I wasn’t trying to say you were wrong, I feel like I came off like that, I was just asking questions

I think your right about that, that would make sense, because it seems like people usually get away with it for a little bit before they get caught. That would make sense because they probably only get caught once someone takes the time to check.

Yah you might get away with it for a little bit but sooner or later you will get flagged i reckon

Yah you might get away with it for a little bit but sooner or later you will get flagged i reckon
Oh I don’t want to, atleast I don’t now think what I do would be considered doctor shopping by the law, I just see doctor after doctor until I find one willing to give me the meds I need (ie valium, adderall, ect), but I never get multiple scripts, and if I’m seeing two doctors regularly, I always make sure they know about each other, and they both know all the meds I’m prescribed. I mean that is similar, but it’s not technically illegal. I just wanted to make sure when I do that the doctors aren’t looking at their computer thinking “wow this guy saw 10 different docs in thelast 30 days, fuck him, he said definitely a druggie” lol

I wasnt implying that you might be ..just speaking in general terms ...folks will only get away with it so long

That really sucks that you can’t legally do that. I feel like a doctor should be able to prescribe any dosage of any drug, especially to drug addicts. I mean peoples lives would probably be a lot moreover functional if they could always just get more of their doc for cheap, and not have to worry about cuts, or fent, or getting robbed. Sure some people would probably get up to a gram of alprazolam a day or some shit like that, but I think most people would end up using it responsibly eventually, and getting jobs and stuff sense their not constantly hustling. Atleast that’s how I am, when I’m prescribed enough drugs, and their affordable, I have no impulse to steal or do anything immoral to get more fast. Because I can do that, I’ve fixed my relationships with most of my family, I haven’t stolen from them in about 4.5 years now. If I didn’t have a doctor giving me suboxone, and the government paying for it (literally, my script, AND the doctor appointments are free) that wouldn’t be possible.

I hear Canada’s kinda doing that right now in British Columbia