• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

high dose Suboxone caused me cardiac issues

Awol-solja

Greenlighter
I would like to see what others think i stopped taking suboxone 32mg a day

now i tried lower and higher doses and my resting hertrate was usually around 120 - 150[.] my doctor thought it was either pain or anxiety i kept telling him it was the suboxone every time i went cold turkey within 24 hours my heartrate would drop to just bove 100

now i went back on methdone for pain and is working jy heart rate is now around 80 - 90 and my blood pressure only goes up if my fibromyalgia flares up also my heart beats regular again as it was irregular with sub

now my doctor is concerned about prescribing suboxone to others[.] he put other patients high resting heart rates down to health reasons and amphetamine abuse

now im clean except for 40mg methadone and im slowly going up[.] i used to take 130mg a day when i was getting clean[,] now i need it for pain as my stupid government wont allow me to have morphine or oxycodone[.]

the other thing is tye withdrawals from the subs over power methadone[.] i hope with the higher doses it will go away as also the suboxone made me angry so angry i could hurt someone and that is not who i am

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, Awol, and welcome to BL! One suggestion...you might want to edit your post, adding some punctuation for ease of reading...it's a little hard for me to see exactly what you're asking.

Though I don't doubt your story (scary shit!), I've never heard of the kinds of symptoms you're describing from suboxone. Maybe other folks have; I'll be curious to hear.

All I can say is that 32mg is a pretty damn high dose of subs. You said you tried lower doses, too...how were your symptoms when you were taking less? And how much less was that?

Wow that's a huge dose, man. Buprenorphine is super potent. Some perspective - after using a taper to quit a heavy (1-2g's/day) tar habit, I began to get by on 0.25mg subutex/day. More perspective - years ago when I was opioid-naive, I took 4mg's of subutex and was high for two days. After my tar habit got out of hand no amount would get me high anymore, but it was doing something.

This is all to say that if I were you, I would taper down rather than stick at that dose or keep trying to get off it CT.

How long you been on that dose?

Your run-on sentence typing made your post very confusing. Are you saying buprenorphine, in your opinion, caused heightened blood pressure?

Very difficult to read as others have said.

This is typical of opiates, they are a depressant and will slow your heart rate/breathing patterns. This would be expected.

It can be worse during your first days off specifically if you are addicted to the drug.