View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Ethnobotanicals High dose Caapi, dream-like visionary with closed eyes

tregar

Bluelighter
Speaking of Ayahuasca, I don't know about you gals & guys, but I've found Caapi to be VERY visionary at high doses, I'm talking about Caapi composed of say 200mg harmine, 250 to 300mg tetrahydroharmine, and 0 to 10mg of harmaline. I've seen the most incredible visions with eyes closed for hours on just Caapi alone. I think 300mg THH in Caapi is just as visual as 100mg harmaline (as reported in TIHKAL), but without the nausea and dizziness, but it's not especially visual until say 250 to 300mg, then it gives one 1.5 to 2 hours of incredible closed eye realistic visions. 250mg to 300mg THH gives one the exact same visions as 100mg harmaline gives one. It's like entering a university, it teaches you for hours with sequential visions one after another. It tells you a story for a long period. I've never gone beyond 300mg THH, as dizziness sets in at 300mg for sure. No dizziness usually at 250mg.

My last time drinking Caapi, I saw the interior decorations of palaces, the checkered floors, the beautiful windows and furniture, the winding stair cases, I was blown away, I've seen sacred temples for religious worship, beautiful animals and super fine women, birds of all kinds, Caapi tells a story when you drink it with eyes closed, it teaches you things, the most beautiful "realistic visions" that no other entheogen comes close to showing you, these realistic visions go on forever with Caapi, I can recline and watch for 2 hours the visions.

I don't even want or need admixture leaf anymore, that's how much I enjoy high dose Caapi visions--they may not be in color due to no admixture, but that does not bother me--they are fully formed fantastic visions in monochrome blue color usually on a black background. The peak of it is at 5 hours post taking Caapi, then it slowly subsides over the next 5 hours from there. Very strong around 1 hour after Caapi drank until the 5th hour.

The visions with closed eyes are totally unlike sleeping dream visions, I've done this once a month now for 3 months, and each time, I've been completely blown away. I've waited all my life to see visions like this, I didn't think it was possible to see such beauty for such a long period of time, up to 2 hours each time, long dream-like sequences, and with open eyes beauty is breath-taking, very colorful like when I was a child, everything is super-colorful and beautiful, like the best part of all the entheogens. Insights are powerful. Anyhow, just thought I would share, nothing to be afraid of, no nausea, zero to hardly any dizziness whatsoever, just pure beauty.

Last edited:
I'm microdosing caapi. Some days, a few drops will be sooo uplifting! The kind where you just have to breath and be in the moment with energy rushing.

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Thanks for response Trogere. Yes, Caapi is great for micro-dosing I have read. I have read studies that it grows new neurons in the brain over time, and imparts "emotional intelligence" in seasoned users. Excellent for leaving behind severe depression, drug addictions, anger issues, melancholy.

I've also dreamed Caapi in combination with Hawaiian psychotria (20 to 35g) over 65 times over a period of many years. However, during those times, the dosage of Caapi was (usually always) kept lower in combination with the leaf. It is a shame that Hawaiian psychotria can no longer be found, I went thru at least 2kg over those several years. Now, it is nowhere to be found...great powerful admixture, 100% safe with no physical sides.

Words cannot describe the power and visuals of the experience (Caapi + psychotria), for example, with open eyes, tracers that went on forever into the distance, like a hall of mirrors that never ended, wild colorful honeycomb geometrics that filled all the walls, like being in a bee hive. The love, beauty and euphoria with open eyes was divine and infinite, with closed eyes, on normal doses of Caapi, the visuals were of course colorful and geometrics that danced and morphed into other geometries constantly, music sounded like it was alien and from another world, infintely beautiful....saw alot of the leaf at work with the visions.

....however, and this is the big point, it was not until I experimented with higher doses of Caapi like those mentioned above in first post that I began to be truly awstruck. Then I began to have visions like those mentioned in the book "Antipodes of the Mind" by Benny Shanon. Now I began to see actual "Caapi visions" that were lit up and colorized by the leaf, visions like those painted by Pablo Amaringo, Ayahuasca Shaman...but I had to keep the leaf dose small (20 to 30g) so I would not throw up from the combination of all the force (caapi) + light (leaf).

In one high dose Caapi session with just a small amount of Hawaiian psychotria (25g), I saw three beautiful naked woman dancers twirling in front of stone pillars that rotated slowly. Jungle scenes lit up by the moonlight, full of snakes and palm trees by the beach and lots of people I had known in my life in floating bubbles that were to the left and right of the scene, drifting up into the sky. Elephants from India embellished with vibrantly colored jhools (saddle cloth) and heavy jewellery and sparkling anklets. Detached female faces of breath-taking beauty with freckles. Waterfalls in the middle of the jungle.

I saw barely dressed women wearing futuristic clothing and bikinis of some sort, dazzling in it's design. A spinning vortex made of blue color with closed eyes that opened up in front of me that looked like a wormhole of some sort, I travelled inside of it, and was dropped off on an island in the pacific with wooden Tikis all around the perimeter of a small culture. I saw a chalkboard full of mathematical equations and scientific discoveries drawn out. I flew like a bird for nearly a minute over what looked like Los Angeles, as I could see the homes with swimming pools and parks below me. This was all seen in the same session.

From that moment on, I knew that higher dose Caapi (with or without added admixture leaf) was where the real visionary and transdimensional realm was to be found, with powerful insights. Insane infinite beauty. I could go on and on about the visions, and sometimes I wished I had a tape recorder next to me so I could talk and speak into it, to record the 1.5 hour of Caapi only visions. I bought a tape recorder recently and learned how to use it, so I will do that next time. Pyramids adorned with gold sheen, architecture of the past and future, Egyptian scenery, vast landscapes, medieval scenery, it goes on and on. Everything is brand new as if newly created.

SnafulnTheVoid said:
"Interesting. What's the body load like? Other side effects?"
Thanks for reply & question SnafulnTheVoid…Honestly, no sides here when kept in the realm mentioned on post #1. Sleep is great the same night, although I will not dream the same night, and sometimes wake up an hour or two earlier than normal. With open eyes, everything is brighter and extremely colorful, beauty enhancement is over the top...neon-diamondlike is my best description, like looking down thru several meters of clear blue ocean water on a bright sunny day. "With closed eyes" is covered in first post, although I forgot to mention that all of the closed eye visions begin with colored sparkles and geometric dots and ziggly lines in orange, green, and blue that dart around and then progress to the monochrome visions for 1.5 to 2 hours, and yes, this is with Caapi alone, no admixture. These visions are WAY beyond 4k, and highly detailed.

Last edited:
I didn't know MAOIs cause visions, is that typical for other maois besides the harmalas?

A little bit more on the topic Zephyn:

69ron:
Ayahuasca is Banisteriopsis caapi. It contains mostly harmine, thh & only tiny amounts of harmaline. B. caapi itself contains no DMT and can be used as is to produce visionary states that are like mental day dreams which lack true visual content. Often admixtures are used to increase the visual content of the ayahuasca dreams. Most admixture plants contain DMT.

Harmine, tetrahydroharmine & tiny bit of harmaline used alone, can produce a mild dreamy psychedelic experience in which daydreams or lucid dreams can be experienced if the user chooses to do so. These dreams from harmine alone are vague and lack visual content, but usually have story lines and can be quite complex just like a real dream. Harmine allows one to go in and out of dream consciousness at will. It takes some practice to learn how to enter a lucid dream with harmine alone. Harmine won’t make you enter a lucid dream. You have to do it yourself by allowing your mind to drift off into a lucid dream.

DMT used alone, produces an intense visual experience, often very chaotic and fast moving, and quite amazing to watch. The visions of DMT alone usually lack meaningful content. The DMT visions are often just constantly morphine colors and shapes. Most of it makes absolutely no sense. Rarely will the visuals present to you a full blown dream with people, places, a story line, etc. But this does sometimes happen. But usually you just get a bunch of bazaar visions that are difficult to understand.

When combined, as in ayahuasca, the harmine, tetrahydroharmine & tiny amount of harmaline brings a dreamy quality to the DMT experience that makes it more like one is experiencing an actual dream, not just a bunch of fancy colors. With the two together, you have the visuals of DMT, plus the dream content of harmine. Harmine is the boss here in this combination if used in ayahuasca proportions where harmine is not just used as an MAOI but is used specifically to allow dream consciousness to be entered by the user. DMT is just an additive used to increase the visual portion of the harmala induced dreams.

Using harmine, thh & tiny amount of harmaline in very low doses, just as an MAOI, is not the same as using properly made ayahuasca. If harmine is used in low doses just for it’s MAOI effects, the trip lacks dream content and is just a bunch of bazaar DMT visual effects. This is not ayahuasca-like, it’s just orally activated DMT. That’s not the same. Its true that some ayahuasca is prepared this way, but such ayahuasca is considered inferior by most natives. With ayahuasca, the DMT is just an additive, not the main course. This is why ayahausca made with only caapi is still called ayahuasca and considered nearly as powerful as ayahuasca made with additive plants containing DMT.

This is something a lot of people don’t get. Ayahuasca is not simple orally activated DMT. It is the dream consciousness effects of harmine that are at play in ayahuasca. In order to experience lucid dreams from harmine without DMT, you need to practice a lot. But once you know how to do it, you don’t need DMT added to it anymore, unless you want the extra visual depth that DMT adds to the dreams.

So, “Dmt Or Ayahuasca?”, well that question is a personal question. Some people prefer DMT-less ayahuasca. Some people prefer just orally activated DMT. Some people prefer ayahuasca with a side order of DMT. Some people prefer the truly bazaar effects of smoked DMT alone.

My personal opinion is that DMT alone is FUN and can be quite frightening. It’s like a roller coaster ride and I like roller coasters. But don’t expect a deep meaningful life changing experience from it. Its pure visual FUN and nothing more. If I want a more meaningful experience I’d use an oral ayahuasca extract, or a smoked Yopo extract (not as effective as ayahuasca because Yopo is low on harmala-like alkaloids).

Authentic ayahuasca, high in harmine & tetrahydroharmine and a tiny bit of harmaline, and low on DMT, is like entering a full blown 3D dream with dream characters, storylines, etc. This can be a life changing experience. It’s more like sitting in a theater for several hours absorbing a story that’s meaningful because its about you. You leave with memories of places, things, people, etc., and possibly a new view on life.

From Gayle Highpine, "Unraveling the Mystery of the Origin of Ayahuasca":
In the western world, Ayahuasca acquired a new definition: It was now, by definition, the combination of Banisteriopsis caapi and a DMT-containing plant. Ayahuasca became, by definition, “orally active DMT.” The first anthropologist to adopt the new definition seems to have been Luis Eduardo Luna in 1984. Luna spent time with Terence McKenna, absorbing his perspective, before beginning his fieldwork. Since then, anthropologists have increasingly adopted this definition and filtered their observations through it. The preeminence of the Ayahuasca vine in the indigenous Amazonian world became the elephant in the living room of Ayahuasca studies, with a tacit agreement to pretend it doesn’t exist.

The leaves were Ayahuasca’s “helpers,” I was told, and their purpose was to “brighten and clarify” the visions. The vine is like a cave, and the leaf is like a torch you use to see what is inside the cave. The vine is like a book, and the leaf is like the candle you use to read the book. The vine is like a snowy television set, and the leaf helps to tune in the picture. There was a subtle attitude that the need for strong leaf was the sign of a beginner: An experienced ayahuasquero could see the visions even in low light

Ayahuasca vine is not visionary in the same way as DMT. The leaf helps illuminate the content, but the teachings are credited to the vine. Vine visions are “frequently associated with writing, to a code that is present in visions…or in the ‘books’ where the spirits keep the secrets of the forest.” The vine is The Teacher, The Healer, The Guide. The purpose of drinking Ayahuasca is to receive the message the vine imparts. This is why it is the vine, not the leaf, that is classified by the type of vision it gives. “For them the vine is, in truth, a living guide, a friend, a paternal authority”.

Listening to the Vine

While I was living in the village, someone began the process of shamanic apprenticeship. There was a series of ceremonies with brews of special strength for that purpose; brews with enormous quantities of vine. About two to three pounds of fresh vine per person was used (about 25 to 35 times the amount needed for MAOI inhibition). Those were powerful experiences indeed.

He would learn to navigate the strongest of brews with clear focus, and be undistracted by any amount of DMT fireworks.

Last edited:
Thanks for response Trogere. Yes, Caapi is great for micro-dosing I have read. I have read studies that it grows new neurons in the brain over time, and imparts "emotional intelligence" in seasoned users. Excellent for leaving behind severe depression, drug addictions, anger issues, melancholy.

I've also dreamed Caapi in combination with Hawaiian psychotria (20 to 35g) over 65 times over a period of many years. However, during those times, the dosage of Caapi was (usually always) kept lower in combination with the leaf. It is a shame that Hawaiian psychotria can no longer be found, I went thru at least 2kg over those several years. Now, it is nowhere to be found...great powerful admixture, 100% safe with no physical sides.

Words cannot describe the power and visuals of the experience (Caapi + psychotria), for example, with open eyes, tracers that went on forever into the distance, like a hall of mirrors that never ended, wild colorful honeycomb geometrics that filled all the walls, like being in a bee hive. The love, beauty and euphoria with open eyes was divine and infinite, with closed eyes, on normal doses of Caapi, the visuals were of course colorful and geometrics that danced and morphed into other geometries constantly, music sounded like it was alien and from another world, infintely beautiful....saw alot of the leaf at work with the visions.

....however, and this is the big point, it was not until I experimented with higher doses of Caapi like those mentioned above in first post that I began to be truly awstruck. Then I began to have visions like those mentioned in the book "Antipodes of the Mind" by Benny Shanon. Now I began to see actual "Caapi visions" that were lit up and colorized by the leaf, visions like those painted by Pablo Amaringo, Ayahuasca Shaman...but I had to keep the leaf dose small (20 to 30g) so I would not throw up from the combination of all the force (caapi) + light (leaf).

In one high dose Caapi session with just a small amount of Hawaiian psychotria (25g), I saw three beautiful naked woman dancers twirling in front of stone pillars that rotated slowly. Jungle scenes lit up by the moonlight, full of snakes and palm trees by the beach and lots of people I had known in my life in floating bubbles that were to the left and right of the scene, drifting up into the sky. Elephants from India embellished with vibrantly colored jhools (saddle cloth) and heavy jewellery and sparkling anklets. Detached female faces of breath-taking beauty with freckles. Waterfalls in the middle of the jungle.

I saw barely dressed women wearing futuristic clothing and bikinis of some sort, dazzling in it's design. A spinning vortex made of blue color with closed eyes that opened up in front of me that looked like a wormhole of some sort, I travelled inside of it, and was dropped off on an island in the pacific with wooden Tikis all around the perimeter of a small culture. I saw a chalkboard full of mathematical equations and scientific discoveries drawn out. I flew like a bird for nearly a minute over what looked like Los Angeles, as I could see the homes with swimming pools and parks below me. This was all seen in the same session.

From that moment on, I knew that higher dose Caapi (with or without added admixture leaf) was where the real visionary and transdimensional realm was to be found, with powerful insights. Insane infinite beauty. I could go on and on about the visions, and sometimes I wished I had a tape recorder next to me so I could talk and speak into it, to record the 1.5 hour of Caapi only visions. I bought a tape recorder recently and learned how to use it, so I will do that next time. Pyramids adorned with gold sheen, architecture of the past and future, Egyptian scenery, vast landscapes, medieval scenery, it goes on and on. Everything is brand new as if newly created.
I have never used Ayahuasca or any of those plants, and have no desire to. But a simple Google search showed me that hawaiian psychotria viridis is still around.

tregar: how do you prepare the caapi? is it a tea? are you using specific types of caapi? for microdosing, I'm using rehydrated paste, but I don't know for sure it's cielo caapi or another type.

What priest is most likely referring to, and correct me if I am wrong, is that with google, it is still possible to find a small amount of "fresh hawaiian psychotria" (really up there--way out of my range) but as far as dried leaf, it has been extinct for nearly 2 years now. You can still find live plants and seeds. Trogere, all about precision, so have dreamed pure alkaloids, 200mg pure harmine, 300mg pure thh.

What priest is most likely referring to, and correct me if I am wrong, is that with google, it is still possible to find a small amount of "fresh hawaiian psychotria" (really up there--way out of my range) but as far as dried leaf, it has been extinct for nearly 2 years now. You can still find live plants and seeds. Trogere, all about precision, so have dreamed pure alkaloids, 200mg pure harmine, 300mg pure thh.
Yes that is what I found it was fresh.

Hmm really? It might be profitable then for someone to fly to Hawaii and harvest a shitton. Its pretty invasive.

For reasons that aren't fully understood, the actual plant brew from good Hawaiian psychotria can be many times more powerful, all encompassing & longer lasting than anything that can be purified out & added back in. This is poorly understood, it could be the superior salt form of the actives in the leaf, or other components along with the leaf + the dynamics of digestion of the leaf form. Traditional Ayahuasca can be quite powerful & long lasting with good plants and considered to be caapi + psychotria by the Shuar Indian, UDV, and Santo Daime. It is safe and traditional. Benny Shanon in his book "Antipodes of the Mind" also mentions he used caapi + psychotria for all of his 130+ sessions. Recommendations would be caapi vine or caapi extract. Recommendations for good leaf would be Hawaiian psychotria, or no leaf at all, just Caapi by itself.

Clearlight experiments that involved several people back in the day (over a dozen trials) found the leaf brew form superior to extracted actives, they found the leaf brews very strong and powerful & clairavoyant (+5 Shulgin scale), while they mentioned that the extracted actives were mild (+3 Shulgin scale) at best, even up to 100mg. Again, this is poorly understood.

Even Jonathan Ott found that in his 20 experiments posted in his book "Ayahuasca Analogues", that none of his later experiments with extracted actives quite matched the power of his 1st actual Ayahuasca brewed with caapi and good real leaf (experiment #1), he had no explanation for this. He did however find 70mg to be close to it, but still not the same.

In dreams, a brew of blended up psychotria leaf can be boiled in 1 and 1/4 bottle of spring water (21oz) for 1/2 hour, then filtered thru a wire mesh strainer to get out the course leaf fragments, then filtered thru a cotton ball in a funnel to get out the fine leaf sediment, changing out the cotton ball when/if it clogs. Having two large funnels, each sitting in a separate glass with a cotton ball stuffed into each funnel's tube, and transferring the liquid back and forth between the two funnels when the cotton would clog up, allowed the filtering to go fast and would only take up a few minutes at most. Then put the filtered liquid back on the stove and reduce it down to 2oz, and add your caapi. Phenomenal dream with good plants. The cotton ball gets out any fine muddy leaf sediment which is irritating to the intestines, for a nausea free to the stomach/intestines brew, this of course does not reduce "brain nausea" which can result from using too much leaf.

Taking a small sip of the leaf brew (before adding the caapi to it) can be done to determine the approximate "strength" of the leaf beforehand...depending on how bitter a sip of it is, you will be able to help gauge whether the admixture part (light) of the dream will be weak, medium, or strong ornamentally. If it's too crazy bitter, back off on the leaf amount used as this may signal a "too strong" leaf brew. The leaf brew and caapi (power) are taken mixed together (marriage) at the exact same time (just as the Shamans do) for best & strongest effects ornamentally.

The 1st 60 minutes from when the caapi takes effect is when some weak nausea or slight dizziness might be noticed during the dream, whereas after the 1st hour, there is usually little to zero nausea or dizziness as the harmine in the caapi has mostly worn off by then, as the half-life of harmine is around 1.5 hour. Then all that is left working is the more desirable tetrahydroharmine in the caapi and any leaf actives for the duration of the rest of the dream.

Why traditional caapi over rue?

Bancopuma once wrote, "the more caapi the better." Caapi contains tetrahydroharmine as it's second largest alkaloid, and contributes greatly to the experience in many postitive ways, besides it's visionary, brightening and coloring abilities, it goes way beyond that....it seems to partially inactivate barriers or filters in the brain so that "mind at large" as coined by Aldous Huxley can be let loose a bit.

Mind at Large - Wikipedia

Tetrahydroharmine on it's own will also yield the same type visions as harmaline, it just takes more of it. For example, around 300mg of THH will yield the same visions as about 100mg harmaline...even if the THH dose or caapi dose is split in two over several hours, the visions will still be apparent some time after the 2nd dose takes effect, the doses are additive.

THH in the caapi also seems to strongly activate the right hand hemisphere of the brain-- the side that performs tasks that have do with creativity and the arts, feelings, visualizations, imagination, holistic thinking & intuition, empathy, spirituality & connectedness. In the first book mentioned below, researchers found that the right side of the brain lit up in brain scans of people who took LSD, mescaline, or mushrooms. The world is largely moving in the direction of the Left Brain: technology and science. What the world needs is to move in the direction of Right Brain development.

Quote from TIHKAL by Dr. Shulgin "More studies on tetrahydroharmine are absolutely imperative."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Norman once said:
"I’m no purist by any means but I can’t recommend extracted DMT for ayahuasca. Weird jangly incomplete trip."

Norman is absolutely right, this dreamer has dreamed Ayahuasca with caapi and hawaiian psychotria over 65 times over the years, and it kicks the living %%!@%$ out of any kind of extracted xtals....here's why, this person agrees with me, he is Julian Palmer, perhaps you remember him, he used to be active for over 10 years, then he started writing books...this is what he said, and I completely agree with him. Take true Ayahuasca with actual hawaiian psychotria leaf brew mixed with caapi (the caapi can be an extract or brew from vine) and it will have you crying for your mommy for 90 minutes it is so powerful...but extracted xtals even at amounts 2x to 3x (120 to 180mg) what a natural dose is found in 30g of the leaf (natural 60mg) will not even compare quality or strength wise:

From "Articulations, On the Utilisation and Meanings of Psychedelics" (2015) by Julian Palmer:
"Modern day researchers, spearheaded by people such as myself, have realized that Jonathan Ott's calculations fall short of what most explorers need for a truly visionary experience. Even with a strong harmine/Banisteriopsis caapi dosage, 30-60mg of dmt is not sufficient to produce significant visionary effects in most people. So if fact, a dosage of 30-40mg of dmt is where tryptamine-like effects just begin to occur for most people, and 10-25mg dmt is not really noticeable above the gentle psychoactive effects of the harmine.

Each person is different and for some rare individuals, 30-40mg may be about as much dmt as they wish to take--but most people need at least 60-80mg for sufficient psychoactive effects and even at this dosage, you generally cannot expect a full-blown visionary experience, even when using a strong dose of 4 grams of syrian rue or 100 grams of strong caapi vine. Also, it should be pointed out that going beyond 4 grams of syrian rue (around 200-280mg of harmaline) or 100 grams of strong caapi vine (150--250mg of harmine) can increase the negative effects of these beta-carbolines--which include a feeling of heaviness, pressure in the head, inability to walk properly, more purging and perhaps more of an emphasis on bodily processes.

An oral dosage of 100mg of dmt is where the visionary qualities really begin to occur, for most people say when they are taking 3 grams of syrian rue or 80 grams of strong vine, and in context, 40-60 grams of strong vine is enough to fully mao inhibit most people.

I would say to neophyte explorers to tread carefully, and to slowly increase your dmt dosage in increments: perhaps starting at 60mg, going to 100mg, then 150mg. Some people are going to find 100mg of dmt to be exceedingly strong, and it will perhaps give them an experience they did not feel ready for.

It came to my attention after an embarrassing number of years, that taking freebase crystal DMT orally was not as potent, colourful, or clear as taking the equivalent amount of DMT in a tea that was brewed from the plant. For many years, I couldn't see how there could be a difference, but after doing some comparisons, it was obvious that the tea was much better, and the experiences resulting from the crystalline extract were inferior.

You could take twice or even three times as much DMT crystal as the equivalent in brew, and the experience from the crystal would never be as bright or full as that from the tea. Why could this be?

With extracted dmt, with chemicals used it would appear that some dimensions and qualities of the tryptamine molecules are compromised. Also, there is the factor of isolating the alkaloids from the rest of the plant. For example, there are very few people who say that extracted pure mescaline from the cactus is as potent of full bodied compared to when they take the tea made from the cactus flesh.

When making a tea from the whole plant, you are extracting the essence of the plant intelligence from its very flesh, not just isolating the alkaloids. In the alchemic method "Spagyrics" developed by Paracelsus, often considered the father of modern medicine, the ashes of the plant are commonly burnt and then blended back into an alcohol-extracted tincture. Friends who have experimented with this procedure report that a Spagyric tincture of Ayahuasca is much more potent than a normal tea prepared from the same amount of Ayahuasca vine."

Here is what dream leaf brew looks like (see 1/2 pint jar below) after you boil 30 to 35 grams of hawaiian psychotria leaf for 25 minutes, then filter it thru a strainer, then filter it thru a cotton ball in a funnel (gets out all the irritating particles that cause nausea in the stomach and intestines). then boil it down to 2oz....incredibly strong..just like in the Jungle. I've had dream experiences where I could not move an inch after dream consuming...cause the visuals and visions were so dense with eyes open or closed for 90 minutes straight...I had to sit put in one place The Aya was so strong...quality wise it is incomparable to any kind of extraction. Totally blows it away. Use it the way the Shamans use it.

Stop Just back away from the chemicals...(1) cacti, (2) Aya, (3) morning glory....they all kick ass without the use of chemical extractions...make a (1) tea, (2) make a brew, (3) make an acidic cold water extract (LSH in the morning glory seeds only survives in acidic water)...YES, it may cost a little bit more to buy some hawaiian psychotria leaf...but it will be an experience you will never forget...it will be just like Jungle made Ayahuasca...you will be immersed from all directions in colors and visions...tracers that go onto infinity...none of this happens with xtal extracts...use the pure leaf brew...it will blow you away...and once you brew the leaf and filter it, boil it down to a few oz, then let it sit in freezer till frozen, then move to fridge, and any leftover mud will move to the very bottom, just decant off the top orange active layer, re-heat it and consume that at the exact same time as you Caapi---mix the two together--consume TOGETHER just as shamans do...this way it is the most active. Don't stray from the way the Shamans use it.

Details of cotton ball stuffed in a funnel filtering:

You should love the cotton ball filtering, it works for filtering out the debris from Ayahuasca, Cactus, or Morning glory seeds, when and if the cotton clogs, you simply replace it with another and continue filtering, may take 2, 3 or more cotton ball chang-ings, but your entheogenic brew will come out super clean and active, your stomach and intestines will thank you--no nausea! Yes, coffee filters are useless. Have dreamed this method of filtering for decades--get's all the nauseating particles out but leaves the water soluble actives in solution. Beats the heck out of useless coffee filters which will not allow anything to flow.

To use: just put one cotton ball in a large clean funnel to make it sediment free which reduces or eliminates nausea to the intestines...have two of these funnels with a cotton ball stuffed in them sitting in a large tall jar sitting side by side so that you can pour off liquid from funnel #1 into adjacent "funnel in a jar #2" to continue filtering once the 1st jar's cotton clogs up or slows down the flow too much, continue pouring off the funnel's contents back and forth changing out the cotton when or if it clogs.

When you are done with your cotton ball in a funnel filtering, take all your spent cotton and combine it in your hand into a single wad, make a fist and wring out any leftover liquid into a final funnel in a jar with cotton ball stuffed in it, to get every last bit of particle free liquid. You will want to use the larger size black funnels that you can find in your nearest automotive store, buy several of them.

Last edited:
Seems like I missed out on caapi. But the reason I did is that I assumed nausea at all doses, and did not want to combine DPH with a MAOI. Because, for the record, the combo with a less reversible MAOI did kill the lab rabbits. And here on bluelight there's one negative report of taking 10mg DPH within 30 hours of 50mg caapi extract.

Do you remember the highest dose you have combined with this 1 benadryl (which I assume means 50mg DPH?)?

Good point, don't ever take benadryl when consuming caapi, it's really not necessary. CEV Visions are very prominent without it. Antihistamines are contraindicated. Antihistamines can have interactions with even RIMA's and SRI's, causing serotonin syndrome.

Last edited:
Zephyn said:
Going to give this a try soon.
You might like this too Zephyn:

Part 1: HPBCD complexed DMT experimental dosage, effects & duration
Part 2: receptorome chart & explanation
Part 3: Tetrahydroharmine (THH) effects
Part 4: Tetrahydroharmine receptorome similarities to mescaline; potentiates cactus & safety note
Part 5: chemist Patrick Arnold's HPBCD prohormones & bloodwork studies
part 6: Dr. Narang: "with sublingual" or "under the tongue" better than buccal, gingival & palatal
part 7: a little bit on my 70 Ayahuasca experiences, doses & visions
part 8: New research: Morning glory contains 5 stimulating LSD-like drugs, soluble only in wine/alcohol, only sparingly soluble in water.
part 9: 20 minute visionary visit from a dead Aztec Shaman

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Part 1: HPBCD complexed DMT experimental dosage, effects & duration
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I used a 7:1 gram weight ratio of HPBCD (hydroxy propyl beta cyclodextrin, molar weight between 1200 to 1500 g/mol) on auction sites and elsewhere, to DMT (molar weight = 188g/mol) in order to keep the molar ratio of cyclodextrin to host drug at a 1:1 molar ratio. What I did was place for example 30mg freebase dmt on a spoon, add 210mg of HPBCD powder on top the DMT, add many drops of water from a pipette, mix it all together for 30 seconds using a toothpick, then draw up liquid with pipette, place drops under tongue and hold for 10 minutes or so...I prefer 15 minutes. The DMT will dissolve into the bloodstream.

Strong effects at 5 minutes after the end of the 15 minute HPBCD DMT sublingual drug delivery under tongue: tryptamine rush/buzz & greatly elevated heart rate & pulse, dilated pupils...neon colorful visuals/visions...peak at 30 to 45 minutes, duration 60 to 90 minutes. 250mg tetrahydroharmine taken orally 3 hours earlier, transcendent combination, music sounded heavenly, the spiritual power of music.

I would imagine this might allow those who normally get nausea from oral preps to avoid the nausea. There is no burn under tongue, taste yes. I used this 3 times in one night over the course of several hours with THH, and my tongue was just fine, no burn or scarring. Felt just fine next day too. I experienced profound beauty and had visuals, very transcendent. Zero nausea.

Narang and Sharma mention in their 2010 sublingual paper that under the tongue pharmaceuticals can be 3 to 10 times more bioavailable than oral. HPBCD makes the non-water soluble DMT water soluble. It traps and delivers small molecules such as DMT extremely effectively across the mucosa membrane under the tongue, with it's high permeability (only 100 to 200 micrometers thick) and rich blood supply--shuttling the DMT directly to bloodstream.

Most studies recommend a 1:1 equimolar ratio of HPBCD to host drug for complexing.

This was using DMT cleaned up using a sodium carbonate wash. PKA of DMT is 8.75 or so, so please do not use a sodium bicarbonate wash -- it will eat up most of your DMT, as ph of bicarb is not high enough, it needs to be 1 to 2 points higher than PKA of DMT, at 11 or 11.5 or so is perfect, where 100% sodium carbonate PH is at, found in pool isle of home box store.

HPBCD is a new technology that allows freebase nonpolar drugs like DMT to be trapped by the cyclodextrin inner cavity which is composed of an inner "non-polar trap", and "outer polar cavity or cone" which allows the normally water insoluble DMT to be made 100% water soluble.

HPBCD is composed from a sugar molecule, it has been used to make scores of other non-water soluble drugs 100% water soluble and reach peak activity as measurements of the drug in the bloodstream indicated that all of the freebase drug was absorbed effectively.

Other examples of non water soluble freebase non-polar drugs complexed with HPBCD made water soluble: hormones, pregnisolone, etc.

Apparently, this also makes the DMT absorb very well if taken orally as well, possibly improving even the oral bio-availability substantially when taken with RIMA's to activate it, etc.

THH or tetrahydroharmine can be taken orally (100, 150 to 200mg), my favorite in combo, while the DMT can be used sublingually, allowing the best of both worlds. No nausea felt. Have tried this in dreams several times in one night, and it works extremely well, tryptamine rush felt around 5 or more minutes after sublingual application, peak at 30 to 45 minutes, like an extended sub-breakthrough, excellent for long lasting transcendental contemplation and work. Best to limit to once a week or so, so no tolerance.

professor8 (found from 11/1/2010 he writes like a poet w/special powers of imagination & expression):
Tetrahydroharmine (THH) has the ability to raise your vibration in a most powerful, yet subtle way. It brings a crystalline prismy texture to spice and adds a super clear watery dimension to Aya, like looking down through 10meters of shimmering Caribbean Sea on clear blue day. It brings a dimension of pure light to the entheogenic experience and encourages entities & intelligences of only the Highest Order. If one is not accustomed to perceiving these experiences with a spiritual perspective most of the nuances & subtleties THH brings on are overlooked and remain unseen and one would better enjoy Harmaline as a house painter chooses a roller over a brush, its about preference & choice.
I agree with his statement. Should add that music sounds quite incredible on a combo of 150mg or more of THH + DMT as tetrahydroharmine imho breaks down the filters or barriers in the mind, so that "mind at large" can be let loose, very similar to listening to music on cactus.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mind_at_Large

In TIHKAL, 300mg of tetrahydroharmine (THH) is equated by one psychonaut to the closed eye visionary (CEV) power of 100mg harmaline, but without all the nausea and dizziness. I totally agree. It glows blue under blacklight, like LSD or psilocin & has a metallic-like lingering taste with a 10.5 hour half-life.

Don't forget that this should improve the ORAL BIOAVAILABILITY of dmt when combined with a RIMA as well -- this technology has been used to potentiate these freebase drugs ORALLY as well -- this could potentially mean an Ayahuasca experience that is strong in potency.

"Sublingual mucosa as a route for systemic drug delivery" by Narang & Sharma 2010:
https://innovareacademic...pps/Vol3Suppl2/1092.pdf

As you can see from this sublingual viagra study, even 50 to 100mg doses can be administered under the tongue, the authors noting that less of the drug was required, and that it began working in only one half the normal time of an oral dose:

"The start of pharmacological activity after sublingual administration of sildenafil citrate in 30 patients affected by erectile dysfunction." by Siati & Franzolin 2003:
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/12741340/

Tetrahydroharmine on it's own will also yield the same type visions as harmaline, it just takes more of it. For example, around 300mg of THH will yield the same visions as about 100mg harmaline...even if the THH dose is split in two over several hours, the visions will still be apparent some time after the 2nd dose takes effect, the doses are additive.

THH in the caapi also seems to strongly activate the right hand hemisphere of the brain-- the side that performs tasks that have do with creativity and the arts, feelings, visualizations, imagination, holistic thinking & intuition, empathy, spirituality & connectedness. Researchers found that the right side of the brain lit up in brain scans of people who took LSD, mescaline, or mushrooms. This includes tetrahydroharmine. The world is largely moving in the direction of the Left Brain: technology and science. What the world needs is to move in the direction of Right Brain development.

Quote from TIHKAL by Dr. Shulgin "More studies on tetrahydroharmine are absolutely imperative."

Note: I spent much time pulling up many threads on "sublingual or nasal fumarate salt DMT", and they were all dissapointing reads, whereas the several HPBCD complexed 30mg DMT experiments I performed were strong indeed--held under tongue for 15 minutes, 5 minutes later: rapid heartbeat, rapid pulse, dilated pupils, felt distinct tryptamine rush & buzz take over my body, neon colored CEV visuals. Felt elation, euphoria especially in combo with the THH which I had taken many hours earlier.

Music sounded very good, experienced profound beauty with open eyes & CEV's with closed eyes. The duration was long. I re-dosed more 30mg HPBCD complexed DMT every hour for the next 3 hours, it was a sublime experience. I should have gone even higher in dosage to gauge. The afterglow even after the 3 hour period was fantastic. I watched a movie and had a fantastic time.

Have no explanation for how well this worked, there must be something special going on with the complexed HPBCD DMT, I can feel that it all absorbs in less than 15 minutes, and it wastes no time in reaching the brain unhindered, very impressed with this route of administration.

Look forward to hearing from other experimenters, HPBCD is dirt cheap. I bought my 1kg tub for less than the price of two movie tickets over 12 years ago, had been sitting in my closet all that time, used it in the past for complexing pro-hormones for sublingual use, very effective I might add, been a weight lifter since my early 20's. I read other weight lifters were doing the same, so I copied what they were doing before pro-hormones were banned.

Keep in mind that only a portion or "tail end" of the host molecule is needed to attach or fit into the cyclodextrin cone, and that's all that is needed to be "trapped". I attached a picture of this below. The cyclodextrins have toroidal shapes, with the larger and the smaller openings of the toroid exposing to the solvent secondary and primary hydroxyl groups respectively.

Post #8 is all about the 2016 Polish morning glory study and the new 2020 receptorome data which compares LSH in the morning glory seeds to LSD, important new data never seen before.

Stay true to yourself, Love, Peace and Music
http://www.friskyradio.com