• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Hi guys I really need help from anyone who can design a 1,4 weaning program please.

rbh

Greenlighter
10 years 1,4 addiction. Needs to end, it just has to. And want it to. Have access to Pregabalin, Baclofen, a little alprazolam, Ambien, Kratom, Phenibut and of course alcohol. Could someone develop a doable weaning procedure from this please?

Well I would taper that 1,4 BDO down as far as possible and then use Phenibut as its hitting the same receptor subtype. The Baclofen is going to be working off the gaba-b also so those two are the main ones you will need and I'd start with the Phenibut but just take that for like 4-7 days cuz the withdrawal is hellish and even that length is flirting with disaster if you've been hooked in the past. And then I would stay on the baclofen a bit longer if need be and taper off that. The other drugs you mentioned would be food comfort meds but wont stop the withdrawal in its tracks in the same manner. I'd avoid the alcohol completely tho personally as it's a sloppy drug and not the greatest for tapers.

@rbh
Hey.
Welcome to bluelight; nice to have another aboard the freedom train. IDK. 😁 Guess I use the descriptive cause it has freed me up to be me again. Story at 11.
Had to look up 1,4 cuz not familiar with the term but what CC says above should work out. Phenibut, pregabalin and baclofen should keep ya decent. If you actually wanna get off the ride it makes it a lot easier but to stay off is like keeping a hobo off a ham sammich; know what I mean? ;)
Ahhh the rides I have jumped on and off (some many times). Jeeezis, just thinking back....
I'd avoid the alcohol completely tho personally as it's a sloppy drug and not the greatest for tapers.
^^^ This. Please keep alcohol usage to a minimum during taper: It is in fact "sloppy" and is a very dangerous drug to oneself and others, IMO/E. Yep... jumped on and off that one a few times and do not regret getting *tired of it at all.
Be safe and take it easy on the taper: If you get to feeling too down to do much else up the dosage of one or more of the substances listed and available (a little not the whole freakin' shoe-box full).
Respect,
Ptah
(
Needs to end, it just has to.
Keep the taper slow and you wont bump ya head.
<3

A little *mad bird suggested me ease this over to BDD: So... without further ado, ladies and gent

Last edited:
How much BDO are you using a day? I don't know if it's typical or not, but both I and a friend of mine experienced very little in the way of w/d from repeated daily dosing of 2-3g BDO up to 6-8 times a day.

Maybe we just got lucky?

I had a brief addiction to GHB (essentially the same thing). What I did was switched to phenibut. Phenibut is a GABA-B agonist and will totally substitute for GHB. However phenibut lasts a long time and is far, far easier to taper. You can take it once per day and it will hold you for 24 hours at least. You'll want to find the dose that's right for you, it takes a long time to come on fully. Get stable on that dose, only take it as little as you can to avoid withdrawal. Once you're stable, you can lower the dosage slowly, but what I actually have always done with coming off phenibut is just cut a day out. So instead of daily, do it every 2 days all of a sudden. The off day will be anxious and maybe hard to sleep, but it's doable. Then get stable on that, and cut out another day. Then another day. By the time you're doing every 4 days, stopping is not difficult, though you'll probably experience some rebound anxiety/insomnia still.

Also, alternating baclofen and phenibut will make it even easier, as phenibut is additionally a gabapentinoid (blocks voltage dependent calcium ion channels), which produces its own dependence, so really, phenibut is addictive via 2 separate systems, whereas baclofen is just a GABA-B agonist. The second time I came off phenibut, I found that taking baclofen every other time made the process easier.

Common hawthorn, passiflore, St-john's Worth and Valerian, and maybe some wild vine with it, all that along with what the others said! (It must be the third time in three days that I quote these). Together they can fully replace benzos and are a healthy habit to replace the old one, as a habit is somethong you keep (for most of us), as it's something you drink! Tastes nice, feels good and is just enjoyable over-all.
I like to add mint and rooibos to my tea, has a subtle but detectable action that chimes in.

The best combination out there is Lyrica/Pregabalin and Baclofen. Baclofen will do most of the work hitting the gaba-b, and Lyrica will smooth things out further via a different mechanism. I know this is a common combo used by medical professionals in Europe, where ghb/gbl/bdo abuse is more common. The baclofen/lyrica combo can be used for a week and rapidly tapered off with the patient free of all substances and stabilized within 7 days.

The best combination out there is Lyrica/Pregabalin and Baclofen. Baclofen will do most of the work hitting the gaba-b, and Lyrica will smooth things out further via a different mechanism. I know this is a common combo used by medical professionals in Europe, where ghb/gbl/bdo abuse is more common. The baclofen/lyrica combo can be used for a week and rapidly tapered off with the patient free of all substances and stabilized within 7 days.

Phenibut essentially provides the same thing, with both mechanisms of action wrapped into one drug. It's readily available in much of the world, not prescription. So if yiou're not able to get baclofen and/or pregabalin, phenibut can be a godsend.

I concur. Phenibut is cheap and readily available. My preference for the baclofen+lyrica combo over phenibut is that phenibut also has some mild dopaminergic action which isn't helpful in this case. But it gets the job done and is easy to dose.

I've been doing that and I'm off the 1,4. BUT....I do on some days do a dose of 1,4 because the anxiety although BARELY controlled by the Baclofen and Lyrica gets me to a point that I feel like I have to. I go to a pain clinic for my degenerative disk in my low back. They do NOT prescribe any anxiety meds (only pain meds which really do not help) but I plan on taking some after my next visit. I have found that a xanax a couple times a day and a couple of vapes of Delta 8 helps a LOT. PLEASE GIVE ME AN OPINION ON THIS. Does it simply take time for the receptor sites to essentially "calm down" after using 1,4 for such an extended period? I just want to return to normal cause right now I feel like all I can do is get through working and then race home to hide in bed which is very NOT me.