Hey trendspotters

jstohler

Bluelighter
Anybody want to share thoughts on the latest club trends in their area?
I'll start: It seems that the latest group of people here in N.C. doing pills are the folks we affectionately call rednecks. They get rolling pretty early, and they're really into glowsticks for some reason. I was a little alarmed at first, but it seems to be a good thing -- especially if pills can take the place of Bud and NASCAR.

Not really a trend in the clubs (yet) but a lot of "bar" people in the NY/NJ area are rolling at like neighborhood bars & listening to jukeboxes. Matter of fact my friend dropped a Mitsubishi at a TGIFridays the other night. Go figure.

Now if we could only get the blacks to start rollin.
I might get flamed for this but it is my belief.
My dealer got hit over the head with a gun after being held at gunpoint. He had about 40,000$ worth of drugs and cash stolen from him by 2 black males. Coincidence? I think not. E will change the world
------------------
"Create Your Own Ecstasy"

"now if we could only get the blacks to start rollin"
I bet theres more than a few register-ed bluelighters of COLOR> HERES 1 RIGHT HERE!
*of all places to see 1/2 asses comments i dident think it would be here> i think i understand what your "trying" to say... but XMonsooNX---next time you try to say somethin> please dont talk outta you ass>
-phish2000/w33k4p4u9

These exist solely within my imagination for now.......
  • E infiltrates the swing dance scene
  • Massages and E puddles at bars
  • Eyedrops to make your pupils look dilated for those high on life.
  • Moesha takes E
  • Tantric yoga rooms replace chill rooms
  • the word "vibe" is used gratuitously in Time magazine
  • Smart Drinks (where did they go?)
  • Fashionable Necklace/Pill box containers
  • 2 CB gains popularity
  • Marijuana worn as a fashion accesory/kind bud perfume
  • Traffic lights installed with blue bulbs
  • Revival of X-ray specs
  • Clapping to the beat
  • Bisexuality seen as norm
  • Drug kiosks at events/clubs
  • Cell phones with built in vicks dispensers
  • DJ's put their names in front of decks so people know who's spinning (genius!)
  • Designer jeans
  • Capsules come stacked standard with vitamins & HTP
  • Breakdancing, wearing clothes backwards
  • Ghettoblaster micro-raves on street corners
  • Pair of Technics standard in new cars
  • Lastly, a radio transmitter that you turn on when you're rolling in public that will beep when someone else who has one and is rolling is within 100 feet!

I love your list liquidocean. I would ove to see all of those, specially the naem of DJ's in front of the decks LOL
Peaceout....RuRu

I was reading somewhere that raving was a predominatly white middle class thing, but raving in Toronto this hasn't been my experience at all. Not to say that there's no ethnic tension in Toronto or the Toronto rave scene, but the parties I go to are pretty ethnically diverse and a lot of the people I rave with aren't white.

Word, W33ek, heh heh. Monsoon, you can leave that shit where it belongs (hmm, w33k had a nice spot, hope ya don't get constipated hehe). Don't make me sik Devo on you :p
As far as trends, ya, the bar crowd are livin' it up. Don't see any e-pools of ravers, we're tryin' ta be a li'l more responsible considerin' the heat we're under here in Fl. But poke yer head into a dark corner of the local techno club, and ya see a buncha prep'd up bar hoppers in their slacks and button up starch'd shirts droolin' all over their scantly-clad female companions.
Bwahaha... :p Well, better than drinkin' and causin' toruble for us on the streets, and at leats they stay off the dance floor
wink.gif

peace -Adj

Liquid -
Fuckin A!
biggrin.gif
Loved that post man, had to put it at the top.

ohh at the local club thier this group of guys with dreds i see everyonce and a while, always giving other people airplanes or blowing people up, those guys are real good at that
hmm now that im up at college it just seems that all social groups are doing it now, ohh well at least it should change the way that society is goign, either that or it will just make this generations kids respect them less and cause things to get worse, damnit well there goes looking on the bright side of things
------------------
AleX
"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense"
- Buddha -

tac- are you in central fl? there is this group of dred guys here that do the same ive never been blown up like this one guy did time after time and he was the 1st to do an airplane with me at a party when they were at the same house party...maybe its just a dred thing...lol

Not that xmonsoonx hasn't been flamed enough...
I've been to an event in Durham when a local hip-hop dj/mc collective showed up. These guys had a slightly sketchy look about them (buff, slightly angry look, dressed like bad-asses, and ohmygoddon'ttellanyoneIsaidthis...they were black! Oh the horror!), but they caused no problems and showed a great deal of respect to the event, the party-goers, and especially the promoters. On their way out they hugged the promoters and promised to show up again with some friends who they thought would appreciate this scene and the technical talent on the decks.
I guess my point is this: it isn't a race of people that cause the problems; it's a section that can be considered the bad apples. You do a great disservice to the scene, 'black' individuals, the human race, and yourself if you adhere to racial discrimination. Realize that all races have their bad seeds...and recognize why that is. More often than not, it is a class problem attributed to a lifetime of forced subjugation to the law of the streets, not a reflection of skin color.
I still struggle with my own prejudices every day due to my experiences as a child (I was picked on a lot, especially by a FEW emotionally stunted black individuals), but at least I STRUGGLE with them. I fight that initial emotional response when I see a group of rough-appearing black guys walk toward me on a darkened street. I have to consciously remind myself that these guys (and the 'black race' in general) have done nothing to me and probably couldn't give two shits about my presence. I'm not proud of the emotions that these situations cause, but I AM proud of the fact that I recognize my fears and try to work on them. I don't know if I will ever completely come to terms with my past, but at least I try. You appear to have already given up, and that's the easy way out. That's the response I would expect from the ignorant.
Please don't encourage that perception of yourself...it ruins my already tenuous faith in humanity.
frown.gif

One more thing...$40,000 worth of cash and drugs on him? Jesus Christ, man, I would have hit him over the head with a gun (BTW, that's just a little joke)!
That's stupidity receiving it's just reward. I'm not happy it happened, but come on!

I love the idea about the radio transmitter! You'd have to turn it off in a rave though or the beeping would drive you insane
smile.gif

Mr. Sticky, well said. i'm from the south and I'm still young(21), but I struggle with the same thing. E has helped me to recognize it a little better. I wish more people thought the same way!

Monsoon - I must say, I'm a bit disappointed with your post. To stereotype like that just doesn't make sense. A friend of mine was robbed twice, by white guys both times, what does that mean? Same as your story...nothing! Don't get me wrong, I'm not just flaming you here, but try and really think about it. People are just people, all capable of good and bad, same as you and I.
peace,
Wyrm
[This message has been edited by Wyrm (edited 13 December 1999).]